Wendy+Greger

6+ months waiting Club

1,947 posts in this topic

Ok I kinda get wot you mean. So you received the notification from NVC saying they're forwarding your petiton to London Embassy BUT you haven't received notification that you've been approved?

Hmm, that's a new one! Call USCIS & see what they say. Maybe you'll get your NA02 hard copy in the mail soon. :star:

I've heard of this happening to others on this website. I'm not sure what the result was - whether they got the NOA2 much later, or never?

Does one actually need the NOA2 document for anything?

------- ROC ---------------

06.29.2011 Mailed I-751

09.22.2011 RFE

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Ok I kinda get wot you mean. So you received the notification from NVC saying they're forwarding your petiton to London Embassy BUT you haven't received notification that you've been approved?

Hmm, that's a new one! Call USCIS & see what they say. Maybe you'll get your NA02 hard copy in the mail soon. :star:

I've heard of this happening to others on this website. I'm not sure what the result was - whether they got the NOA2 much later, or never?

i have heard that u need it for aos

sara

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

sara

Yep, monkeyjuice that is what has happened no email notification, no update on the USCIS website, and no hardcopy!! And sara you are right you do need it for the AOS, I have heard that aswell. Sara how are you doing? I think about you everyday on this journey, your story is unbelievable!! I just wish I could help in some way! M x

m&m : )

wow! Congratulations! Seems that you have jumped over both NOA2 and NVC, that's wonderful! I'm sure you will get your hard copy sooner or later, but getting your interview date instead of waiting for approval is just great! :goofy:(F) (F) (F) (F)

My Art and Handmade Gifts

10. 10. 2008 - sent the petition

10. 16. 2008 - NOA1

04. 10. 2009 - sent letters to senators and asked for help

04. 17. 2009 - service request

04. 20. 2009 - filled senator's form which we got from him

04. 30. 2009 - another senator called us up

05. 04. 2009 - NOA2

05. 08. 2009 - NVC

06. 16. 2009 - interview (8 months since NOA1) passed

07. 03. 2009 - leaving for Texas. Go Rangers

07. 25. 2009 - officially married

08. 28. 2009 - AOS process started

09. 08. 2009 - NOA1

09. 30. 2009 - AP approved

10. 02. 2009 - I485 was forwarded to California, yay!

10. 13. 2009 - biometrics

10. 13. 2009 - EAD production was ordered

01. 04. 2010 - AOS approved

Done till Oct 2011!

11. 11. 2011 - I 751 filed

11. 16. 2011 - NOA1

12. 16. 2011 - Biometrics

04. 16. 2012 - ROC Approved

10. 10. 2012 - N 400 filed

10. 15. 2012 - NOA1

11. 15. 2012 - Biometrics

12. 04. 2012 - In line for the interview

01. 14. 2013 - Interview

01. 25. 2013 - Oath ceremony

Timeline

sara

Yep, monkeyjuice that is what has happened no email notification, no update on the USCIS website, and no hardcopy!! And sara you are right you do need it for the AOS, I have heard that aswell. Sara how are you doing? I think about you everyday on this journey, your story is unbelievable!! I just wish I could help in some way! M x

some place there is a tread about that and what one couple had to do to get the noa2 cuz the csc said they sent it so i believe they had to pay but im not sure so dont get excited about it lol

as for me im ok

im dealing with everything and love coming on this tread and see the approvals

sara

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
as for me im ok

sara

Is India still looking like a possibility?

NOA 2. Really?

Timeline
as for me im ok

sara

yes it is, i have my eco gram in june and if its good then i am leaving, its just i didnt want to move to india but i cant live like this either

sara

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
hey wendy me and my fiance are now waiting for 11 months since we filed and i know how you feel they finally got up to the month of may and then they went from the 12th of may back to 6 months it is crazy talk about run around but they did send me a letter that they are reviewing our file but they also say it could take anywhere from 2-6 months befor they answer again so what does this ####### mean omg when is it going to get better for the good people waiting to start there lives with the ones they love anyway i understand you maybe you have some info to share with me today i wrote my senator to so we will see if this helps
q8famrp11.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
as for me im ok

sara

yes it is, i have my eco gram in june and if its good then i am leaving, its just i didnt want to move to india but i cant live like this either

sara

what is going on with your petition? Is kim and Russ working on it still? i thought she was getting something together.?

Edited by PB&JAM

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jere. 29:11

Timeline
as for me im ok

sara

sara

what is going on with your petition? Is kim and Russ working on it still? i thought she was getting something together.?

omg i wish i knew what was going on with the petition but same as always when i call some story that is so totally stupid it dont even make a good joke anymore lol

i think that kim is working on something for us but i also know she has been really really busy so im not really sure where she is at on it.

and i dont want to bug her about it cuz im just happy that she is kind enough to want to do something for us

sara

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
as for me im ok

sara

sara

omg i wish i knew what was going on with the petition but same as always when i call some story that is so totally stupid it dont even make a good joke anymore lol

i think that kim is working on something for us but i also know she has been really really busy so im not really sure where she is at on it.

and i dont want to bug her about it cuz im just happy that she is kind enough to want to do something for us

sara

Sara,

First- my best wishes for you. If there is an organized petition on your behalf I would be glad to sign onto that.

When you discuss going to India - are you talking about moving there for good? Or just visiting?

Have you thought about perhaps rescinding your K1, marrying your fiance and starting over again with a K3/CR1 petition?

I'm sorry - I'm sure you've been asked such questions many times before. I don't know your story in all the details, just the general outline of the shockingly long time you've been held up at USCIS.

Best of luck to you - you have the entire VJ community on your side!

Timeline
Lets start a place for all of us who are waiting more then 6 months now.

Just a funny (NOT) bit of information I got today.

When I got the mail I saw an envelope from USCIS!!!!

YESYESYES!!!! My Heart stopped beating, I stopped breathing while I opened it.

And Guess what it was????

I called the 1-800 number 2 weeks ago asking for advice on how to find out whats going on with my case, the girl told me to write to them. So I sent a short letter asking them to please just make sure that my file wasn't lost and if it was I would gladly send them a new one.

So you know what they did????

They wrote me back and told me to call the 1-800 number.

How's that for a run-around!

And they sent me back my original letter AND envelope as if they didn't even want it in their trash!!!

Isn't this great?

Wendy

RFE? Oh well, they will send you what exactly they need from you guys. I wouldn't worry. Sometimes it is just a missing photograph (that they might have lost) or some form filled out wrong. Give them what they need and you will be approved very soon thereafter!! At least your case is in process now. Congrats!

It's just a bit of a kick in the teeth.. We've waited so long to get this far, way longer than the average filing time and then they come back with this. We sent everything, photos, plane tickets, ring reciept, passport copies. We had a lawyer sort out our forms (big mistake) so I just don't know what on earth they could want.....

I'm sorry to moan, I know some people have waited way longer than us, I'm just really shocked that they could want anything else from us.... At least it looks like they've made it on to us May filers still waiting - they must've been sitting in a box somewhere all together so I'm sure the approvals will now start rolling in...

HEY ZOE AND HAL.... i know exactly how you feel! i AM MAY 20TH FILER! I received an RFE OCTB 1OTH .... SENT IT OFF pretty much straight away and sTILL WAITING TO HEAR BACK from them. IF THEY GOT IT AND what the VERDICT IS! I thought i would of heard back sooner but no word as yet. from me they wanted pictures with dates on them. But i never included any pictures in the application. So now waiting and waiting..doin my head in:(

I can't believe it's taking that long! I thought it'd be pretty quick once they get the stuff they want. I just don't know what on earth it could be! I'm so mad at our lawyer right now! If I'd have had his phone number, he'd of been getting a nice wake-up call from me this morning! I can't believe you're still waiting! Maybe it's been sitting in the box with all of ours so they'll get to it tonight! I hope you get approved soon!

yeh i know i thought it would be much quicker....but still nothing yet:( yeh i was mad at my lawyer too! i hope its not sitting around. Hope its on a someones desk right now hahha! i WISH! Thanks hope yours is right around the corner also xo emmmm

I'm so fed up with the whole thing, I just don't know what to do anymore... Basically, I'm fed up. Anyone with me?

really u guys cheer up i would be jumping up and down if we received a rfe on our case cuz it would mean that it out of the black hole its been under for so long dont worry it wont be much longer now for u guys im saying lots of prayers for u guys

sara

I know I really shouldn't be complaining as we've been a lot quicker than you but I just wasn't expecting this! I had big plans to be with Hal by my birthday, then I pushed it back til christmas and then I was thinking by his 30th birthday... But none of them are happening and it's just upsetting me today... Tomorrow will be better!

q8famrp11.png

Timeline

hi everyone my fiance and i have been waiting since last may when i put our application in and i just finally in this month got a letter that says they are reviewing our file what does this mean exactly? if you can pls answer i am so tired of this wait i miss my fiance so much and i have been there twice and this is the worse pain in my life i have ever been threw vermont is not working fast enough for us .

q8famrp11.png

Timeline

hi,

well it is a long story but to make it pretty short if i move to india i will take my mom and smaller sisters and brother with me so the move would be forever...

i am so so very lucky and fortunate to have found the vj and to have made so many wonderful friends here,

as far as the petition the the angel that started that has suffered the loss of her finace to a horrible accident, right now most of us have her in our prayers and are more worried about her as her loss for ever my waiting is just temporary

sara

Sara,

First- my best wishes for you. If there is an organized petition on your behalf I would be glad to sign onto that.

When you discuss going to India - are you talking about moving there for good? Or just visiting?

Have you thought about perhaps rescinding your K1, marrying your fiance and starting over again with a K3/CR1 petition?

I'm sorry - I'm sure you've been asked such questions many times before. I don't know your story in all the details, just the general outline of the shockingly long time you've been held up at USCIS.

Best of luck to you - you have the entire VJ community on your side!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.