rentua

Windsor doctor?

17 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello all,

My wife just called the only doctor in Windsor and found out that he's booked up and no longer doing examinations after next Tuesday.

Does anyone else know the clostest Doctor to Windsor?

The link for the Panel Physicians List isn't working right now on the Visa website.

Thanks.

01/20/2008 - Married

02/09/2008 - I-130 Sent

02/14/2008 - recieved in Chicago & signed by V BUSTAMANTE

02/21/2008 - NOA1

06/26/2008 - NOA2

07/16/2008 - AOS fee payment

07/29/2008 - IV fee payment

09/03/2008 - Sent I-864EZ

12/05/2008 - Interview in Montreal

12/05/2008 - Visa Approved

12/07/2008 - Activated Visa at Detroit POE

Timeline
Hello all,

My wife just called the only doctor in Windsor and found out that he's booked up and no longer doing examinations after next Tuesday.

Does anyone else know the clostest Doctor to Windsor?

The link for the Panel Physicians List isn't working right now on the Visa website.

Thanks.

Hi,

Addresses as of 09/01/08

ALBERTA

Dr. Willem A. Viljoen

Hummingbird Medical Clinic

220 1919 Sirocco Drive SW

Calgary, AB T3H 2Y3

403-242-0504

http://www.hummingbirdcosmetic.com/html/practice.html

BRITISH COLUMBIA

Dr. Ian Morgan

Woking Medical Services

1144 Burrard St. Suite 250

Vancouver, BC V6Z 2A5

604-681-8873

MANITOBA

Dr. Ray Singer

WRHA Primary Care Clinic

102-1001 Corydon Ave

Winnipeg, MB R3M 0B6

204-940-2000

(Specify medical is for US visa)

Dr. Jerry Drexler

790 Sherbrook St.

Winnipeg, MB R3A 1M3

204-774-6541

NEWFOUNDLAND

Dr. J.D. Vaughn-Jackson

2 Mount Cashel Road

St. John's, NFLD A1A 1X7

709-753-1450

NOVA SCOTIA

Dr. Frank Doane

6169 Quinpool Road

Halifax, NS B3L 4P8

902-422-4555

fax: 902-422-9253

ONTARIO

Dr. A. H. Laity

450 Central Ave, Suite 202

London, ON N6B 2E8

519-433-4150

Dr. Maureen Stewart

1919 Riverside Dr, Suite 302

Ottawa, ON K1H 1A2

613-523-8998

Medisys Health Group Inc

95 St. Clair Ave W, 12th flr

Toronto, ON M4V 1N6

416-926-6464 ext 2025

Dr. Howard Seiden & Associates

Dr. Laura Penava

3955 Tecumseh Rd E

Windsor, ON N8W 1J5

866-362-5603

Dr. Howard Seiden & Assoc

Front-Frederick Health Services

145 Front St E

Toronto, ON M5A 1E3

416-362-5603

Dr. Lorne S. Weiner

211-75 Albert St

Ottawa, ON K1P 5E7

613-238-5963

QUEBEC

Medisys Health Group

500 Sherbrooke St. W, #1100

Montreal, QC H3A 3C6

514-499-2772

800-499-1394 ext 500

Dr. Howard Seiden & Assoc

Sanagex Medicine du Travail

5345 boul L'Assomption, #115

Montreal, QC H1T 4B3

866-362-5603

Dr. Jean Tremblay

Polyclinique de la Capitale

4225 4e Ave W, #24

Charlesbourg, QC G1H 6P3

418-623-3890

Timeline

So, does anyone know why the doctor is no longer seeing patients in Windsor?

01/20/2008 - Married

02/09/2008 - I-130 Sent

02/21/2008 - NOA1

06/26/2008 - NOA2

So, does anyone know why the doctor is no longer seeing patients in Windsor?

No idea. There have been two in Western Canada that "got out of the business". Are they perhaps going away on vacation or just not going to do it anymore? You might phone up and just ask why they're not doing it anymore!

I note that it says for Windsor, this Howard Seiden & Associates. Do they perhaps have a group of physicians and just one of them doesn't do it anymore, but perhaps another one is? Do they know who might be doing it in Windsor now?

If all else fails, I suppose you'll have to travel to London.

Might be worth a call however, and then if you could, get back to us, so that we can let others know if asked about Windsor. Thanks!

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

Well, my wife just called the office in London and found out that they will no longer be performing Medicals after 10/31. Now our only option is to go to Toronto.

What's going on?!

01/20/2008 - Married

02/09/2008 - I-130 Sent

02/21/2008 - NOA1

06/26/2008 - NOA2

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Well, my wife just called the office in London and found out that they will no longer be performing Medicals after 10/31. Now our only option is to go to Toronto.

What's going on?!

My fiancee is calling around to schedule a medical too and to add to the list, Dr. Wiener in Ottawa is no longer a panel physician and his office said Dr. Stewart of Ottawa is also no longer doing it. This is all pretty odd...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sounds like a call to the Consulate - any of the US Consulates - is in order to find out why the previous panel physicians are no longer working as panel physicians. Seems kind of counter-productive if you require a medical but there is no one available to give the medical.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Not sure if I mentioned this earlier when I had my interview. But when I complained about Dr. Viljoen at the interview, the Consulate worker said they were going to be getting rid of a lot of panel physicians since apparently a lot were not up to snuff. I think he mentioned that Ontario was going to see a large decrease in a short amount of time, and Viljoen would be on the chopping block shortly as well.

Not sure if its true or not, but sounds like they're moving in that direction.

If I am not mistaken, he mentioned that there might only be a few panel physicians across Canada - not even fewer regional ones anymore.

Scary.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

#######! I am in Windsor also, and was counting on the medical being a somewhat easy part of the process. I was thinking of calling sometime soon just to see what the booking time-frame is even though I haven't gotten my NOA2 yet (yeah, I feel like I need to do something... anything... the waiting is driving me nuts!).

So London is not all that far, but that would mean a day off work and a rental car, since I don't own one. What about having the medical done in the US? Is that an option, does anyone know? I did notice that there is a place a couple of blocks from my baby's place that does USCIS medicals....

Or does it have to be done in my own country?

• 7/7/08 -- I-129f sent
  • 7/9/08 -- I-129f received at CSC
  • 7/24/08 -- NOA1 (finally!)
  • 12/2/08 -- NOA2 (WOOT!!!!)
  • 12/8/08 -- received at NVC
  • 12/22/08 -- packet 3 (with packet 4 attachment instead of checklist :P)
  • 12/29/08 -- packet 3 sent back with bits and pieces that I pulled together to make up a packet 3
  • 1/5/09 -- actual packet 3 received, but found out by via e-mail that they were satisfied with what I had already provided
  • 2/10/09 -- found out via call to DoS that my interview is scheduled!
  • 3/16/09 -- interview!!!! APROVED!!!
  • 4/7/09 -- MOVE!!!!!!!!
    Crossed at Detroit/Windsor Tunnel... pretty painless, about 45 minutes, inexperienced officer, asked for and received EA stamp
  • 4/13/09 -- Married in New Orleans!!!!!!!!
  • 5/30/09 -- Filed AOS/AP/EAD
  • 6/1/09 -- AOS etc received in Chicago

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
#######! I am in Windsor also, and was counting on the medical being a somewhat easy part of the process. I was thinking of calling sometime soon just to see what the booking time-frame is even though I haven't gotten my NOA2 yet (yeah, I feel like I need to do something... anything... the waiting is driving me nuts!).

So London is not all that far, but that would mean a day off work and a rental car, since I don't own one. What about having the medical done in the US? Is that an option, does anyone know? I did notice that there is a place a couple of blocks from my baby's place that does USCIS medicals....

Or does it have to be done in my own country?

Medical has to be done by a doctor approved by the State Department in the country where you get the visa. You can't go to Detroit to see one of the Civil Surgeons approved by USCIS. Sorry. Looks like you're going to have to go to Toronto or go to Montreal a few days early and have it done in Montreal.

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Timeline
Looks like there are only 4 places to do medicals now...according to this

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/medical/MTL-ME...L-0001-0810.pdf

we're royally screwed now

Holy hell - the dude at the consulate wasn't joking. :o

That so sucks for people needing medicals.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Looks like most people are going to have to go to Montreal a few days early for the medical now. That sucks

Well OP, You can either go to Toronto or wait and go to Montreal a few days before your interview and have it done then.

Edited by zyggy

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

How far before interview does the medical need to be done? Husbands interview is on the Wed. the 26, if he changed his flight to Sunday, go the medical done on Monday or Tuesday, would that be enough time or do they need a few days?

I had my medical at Dr Seiden's in Montreal and the results were ready the next day. However, I'd call and check with them to see if it's still possible 'cause it looks to me that they're going to be booked solid pretty soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.