Justdazed

Evidence: Affidavit

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I've been considering using Affidavit's (Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by at two people) as evidence for my I-751 but I would prefer not to... my only concern is if it would hinder me at all. Did you use one? If you didn't how did your list compare to mine and why didn't you?

My list so far is:

1. Health Insurance and Life Insurance
  2. Rental Agreements x2
  3. Car Registration
  4. Car Insurance
  5. Tax Returns for 2006 and 2007
  6. Bank Account Statements (Shared)
  7. Credit Card Statements (Shared)
  8. Utility Bills

I really need to get this submitted my GC expires Jan 11 2009 :wacko:

Officially a citizen. My journey took 6 years, 6 months, and 29 days

ruler1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'd put them in, they can't hurt and add a extra layer of evidence. I actually sent in 4 letters. I would also add some pictures and other personal things, like letters/cards addressed to the both of you, etc.

Make sure your evidence, particularly the financials, spans the lifetime of your marriage. Most of the RFE's I have seen in the ROC process have to do with insufficient financial evidence.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I'd put them in, they can't hurt and add a extra layer of evidence. I actually sent in 4 letters. I would also add some pictures and other personal things, like letters/cards addressed to the both of you, etc.

Make sure your evidence, particularly the financials, spans the lifetime of your marriage. Most of the RFE's I have seen in the ROC process have to do with insufficient financial evidence.

Yeah that's what I was thinking too with the Affidavit. Did you notarize your letters?

Officially a citizen. My journey took 6 years, 6 months, and 29 days

ruler1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah that's what I was thinking too with the Affidavit. Did you notarize your letters?

yes, all the letters I submitted were notarized :)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
I've been considering using Affidavit's (Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by at two people) as evidence for my I-751 but I would prefer not to... my only concern is if it would hinder me at all. Did you use one? If you didn't how did your list compare to mine and why didn't you?

My list so far is:

2. Rental Agreements x2
  3. Car Registration
  4. Car Insurance
  8. Utility Bills

We were approved with no affidavits, no photos and no personal/notes/cards letters etc. I was sure our financials were strong enough not to bother our friends, looks like I was correct. Our tax stuff included transcripts from the IRS and our bank accounts etc spanned the length of our marriage, so I think that helped.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We haven't been approved yet but we sent 4 affidavits as well. 2 were notarized and 2 were not but were on official letterhead from the respective companies. I think the more evidence the better and if you have someone who could write an affidavit on your behalf, why not?

Edited by Yardiewife

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We have not been approved yet. However, we sent in 2 affidavits. One notarized, the other not. As for our taxes, we did not send in a copy of the Transcripts from the IRS. Instead, we sent in the copy provided by our Tax Preparer. So far ... no RFE's, but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed.

ALL things work TOGETHER for GOOD!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Add copy of both your DL or ID. Affidavita is not important but if you are able to manage one or two, that will be fine. Don't over load the bundle. Make it neat and clean to refer easily.

My list so far is:

2. Rental Agreements x2
  3. Car Registration
  4. Car Insurance
  8. Utility Bills

Remember that the evidence is to cover your married life, not from the time you received the Conditional green card.

We won't be supplying affidavits or photos when we put the package together in 3 weeks either.

AOS/EAD/AP Filed:2006-09-23
AP Approved:2006-10-30
EAD Approved!:2006-11-02
AOS Approved!:2007-02-12

Remove Conditions filed:2008-11-13
Green Card Received:2009-01-30

N400 Filed:2013-01-25 (Phoenix)
Biometrics:2013-02-25 (Grand Rapids)
Interview:2013-05-07(Detroit)

Oath Ceremony:2013-05-24(Marquette)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

We did not supply affidavits either. We both felt our financial information was enough and we didn't want to bother anyone. My husband's petition was just approved this week.

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline

affidavits dont have much weight and i think they are good for someone who doenst have much other evidence, i had 3 affidavits w my packet and they were notarized, but during the interview they didnt even look at them ....

2004: I-485 Filed

2005: Interview & Conditional GC recv'd

05/2007: I-751 sent to TSC

06/2007: FP completed

05/25/2008: Recv'd letter that interview for 05/08 is being cancelled though I never recv'd a letter that interview was scheduled

06/2008: Cond'l GC 1yr extension expires 07/08, via info pass received a stamp in passport for another year

07/2008: recv'd interview notice for beginning of Aug

08/06/2008: I-751 interview and GC Apprv'l

08/20/2008: Physical GC Recv'd

05/2012: Eligible For Citizenship

Im not a lawyer (yet), so consider my posts accordingly...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.