Machiavillain

Third K1 Visa

574 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
does it ever accure to anyone that the men here wanna continually compare american woman to pinay woman saying how fat we are and how nice and thin they are?

do u realize guys if u compare urselves to a pinay man that ur also fat?

just my 2C's on the matter.

in some asian cultures women like to have men who are not thin. traditional chinese, for example.

in china, the most revered dynasty was the Tang, in which everyone was prosperous and rotund. paintings and sculpture from the period depict the people and their buddah's as very well fed. the climate in china during that period of history was particularly favourable to agriculture, so life was good.

subconciously, today's chinese equate a man who is slightly overweight with wealth and happiness. this because he obviously can afford to eat well, and does not have to work hard. women, on the other hand, are caught up in the western expectation for body shape, so girls in china under 25 all try to stay under 45 Kg, and most are under 50 Kg, unless over 5'6", which you usually see only in women from north china. women over 35 and having child are allowed to weigh up to 60 Kg before being seen as undesireable.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
does it ever accure to anyone that the men here wanna continually compare american woman to pinay woman saying how fat we are and how nice and thin they are?

It occurs to me everytime I look in the mirror. The difference is, I don't consider "fat" dirty word or insult. What constitutes a desirable shape in a mate and/or whether or how much it's a consideration is personal, not right or wrong, IMO.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

I can't believe I actually managed to read all 25 pages of this thread within 2 days.

While a handful of VJ members are hoping the thread will die (and I am sure it will just die a natural death lol), I read it through hoping to see a comment similar to what my husband had made about Steve55's experience.

It may be naive of me to think it, but I am hoping Steve55's experience would be a cautionary tale to those attempting to start their visa journey: before you even attempt to clog up this already busy immigration system, think twice about who you want to bring to the U.S. as your spouse or as your fiance(e).

My husband and I are somewhat disappointed that people like Steve55 have managed to get 3 approved K1 visas within a relatively short period of time...in contrast, people like Rick and I are still languishing in USCIS/NVC/Consulate hell...separated because for now we have to be...while waiting for the end of our journey. It is an agonizing wait, and right now, so many other things are happening in our lives that we are desperately trying to deal with as husband and wife while living so far away from each other.

We have tried to rationalize how cases get processed and adjudicated and I tell you, we are at a loss...just looking at the VJ Immigration Timelines and Igor's List tells the story. There are members in the same service center as we are (from the Philippines) who have received their NOA2s already --- some have filed way before we have, and some AFTER we have. In the meantime, we are clinging onto every hope we can...waiting for that one e-mail that will tell us when Rick and I can be reunited, never to be apart again.

Thanks for listening...on our part, we can do nothing but hope and pray. Good luck to us all.

P.S.

I guess part of the frustration stems from the fact that I am currently working for a Canadian immigration consulting firm here in the Philippines, and all this not knowing where we are in the process is becoming quite maddening. I know I can't compare the two systems, however, knowing where we are in the process would certainly ease our minds through the wait.

Edited by marriedtomrg

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
....... Im still hoping to find a filipina wife cause I just cant meet the kind of woman I want here. .......

After three tries, obviously you cannot find one there either....

:thumbs:

as1cF3M0g410000MDAzMTBsfDAwMDEyNjdsfEhvbGRpbmcgbXkgaHViYnlcJ3MgaGFuZCBhZ2Fpbg.gif

event.png

It occurs to me everytime I look in the mirror. The difference is, I don't consider "fat" dirty word or insult. What constitutes a desirable shape in a mate and/or whether or how much it's a consideration is personal, not right or wrong, IMO.

Well said sir :thumbs:

I can't believe I actually managed to read all 25 pages of this thread within 2 days.

While a handful of VJ members are hoping the thread will die (and I am sure it will just die a natural death lol), I read it through hoping to see a comment similar to what my husband had made about Steve55's experience.

It may be naive of me to think it, but I am hoping Steve55's experience would be a cautionary tale to those attempting to start their visa journey: before you even attempt to clog up this already busy immigration system, think twice about who you want to bring to the U.S. as your spouse or as your fiance(e).

My husband and I are somewhat disappointed that people like Steve55 have managed to get 3 approved K1 visas within a relatively short period of time...in contrast, people like Rick and I are still languishing in USCIS/NVC/Consulate hell...separated because for now we have to be...while waiting for the end of our journey. It is an agonizing wait, and right now, so many other things are happening in our lives that we are desperately trying to deal with as husband and wife while living so far away from each other.

We have tried to rationalize how cases get processed and adjudicated and I tell you, we are at a loss...just looking at the VJ Immigration Timelines and Igor's List tells the story. There are members in the same service center as we are (from the Philippines) who have received their NOA2s already --- some have filed way before we have, and some AFTER we have. In the meantime, we are clinging onto every hope we can...waiting for that one e-mail that will tell us when Rick and I can be reunited, never to be apart again.

Thanks for listening...on our part, we can do nothing but hope and pray. Good luck to us all.

P.S.

I guess part of the frustration stems from the fact that I am currently working for a Canadian immigration consulting firm here in the Philippines, and all this not knowing where we are in the process is becoming quite maddening. I know I can't compare the two systems, however, knowing where we are in the process would certainly ease our minds through the wait.

Hang in there, believe me - it is all worth it!

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

in some asian cultures women like to have men who are not thin. traditional chinese, for example.

in china, the most revered dynasty was the Tang, in which everyone was prosperous and rotund. paintings and sculpture from the period depict the people and their buddah's as very well fed. the climate in china during that period of history was particularly favourable to agriculture, so life was good.

subconciously, today's chinese equate a man who is slightly overweight with wealth and happiness. this because he obviously can afford to eat well, and does not have to work hard. women, on the other hand, are caught up in the western expectation for body shape, so girls in china under 25 all try to stay under 45 Kg, and most are under 50 Kg, unless over 5'6", which you usually see only in women from north china. women over 35 and having child are allowed to weigh up to 60 Kg before being seen as undesireable.

I think that this is why I have been in the hospital (eating disorders unit) with many, many Asians.

we met: 07-22-01

engaged: 08-03-06

I-129 sent: 01-07-07

NOA2 approved: 04-02-07

packet 3 sent: 05-31-07

interview date: 06-25-07 - approved!

marriage: 07-23-07

AOS sent: 08-10-07

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 09-14-07

AOS approved: 11-19-07

green card received: 11-26-07

lifting of conditions filed: 10-29-09

NOA received: 11-09-09

lifting of conditions approved: 12-11-09

• 3 weeks later...
POLL for the ladies, BE HONEST!!

How many American ladies here would date or marry a man who only made $18K /yr as his career job(not due to being a student or similar circumstance)BE HONEST NOW!! .

I gurantee you, 80% of American ladies will say "NO WAY!" . But 90% of Latin or Asian ladies will say "YES WAY, as long as he works, it doesnt matter how much he makes".

Forget American Ladies. I would not date/marry a man who makes $18K/yr at your age, not because I can't support myself but only because it tells a lot about his ambition and goals in life. I am not American but Asian

I believe that he was speaking of the ethnically Asian groups in East Asia. South Asian Indians are technically Caucasian and quite a bit different than East Asians. The differences are not only racial, but social as well.

My wife is 5'6" and 115 pounds (BMI 18.5)--a GIANT by Thai standards. She considers herself to be TOO BIG and would prefer to weigh 105 (BMI 17). If she ever gets anywhere near 120, her Thai friends immediately notice and ask her why she is getting so fat. I was taken aback at first, but she takes it in stride and gets back under 115 within a few days. It's a diet plan that seems to work for her, however I've told her that she probably shouldn't try it with her American friends. She wondered why they wouldn't want help with their weight problem; it's a simple fact after all--they ARE too fat!

Which brings me to my point, and I hope no one will jump on me for stating a fact. There is no sense singling out American women. AMERICANS are too fat, and that applies to both women AND men. Personally, I don't care if you are overweight, UNLESS YOU ARE MY SO (or sitting next to me in coach... lol) In all fairness, let me say that my SO is MORE THAN welcome to take issue with my weight if I get too fat for her liking. My best friend in the world is about 120 pounds overweight. I have no problem with that, however I do not want to take him for a wife.

I think most of you can agree that Americans IN GENERAL are too fat--men and women. (I've heard similar complaints about Brits and Aussies... from Brits and Aussies.) Am I saying that it is impossible to find a fit American woman? No. But we've already established that Americans are--generally--too fat, and an overweight Thai (raised in Thailand) is a rare thing. An obese Thai is EXTREMELY rare. If you have a limited time for fishing, you might as well fish in the lake that has the most fish in it, right?

So men (it's mostly men--another fact) go to Thailand looking for a SO because of four simultaneous things:

1. They like an Asian look. (features, size, weight, complexion, etc.)

2. They like an Asian personality. (everyone knows what that is; no need to repeat it here)

3. Education is important and well-educated women are relatively common.

4. It's very, very, very easy to find single women there. (I've heard a million reasons for it, and I won't speculate on which ones are true in this post, but it is a fact that no one who has been there for any reasonable amount of time would deny.)

Finally, I know some people are going to read this and think, "He's superficial; he only cares about weight." Nothing could be further from the truth. But proper weight IS a conditio sine qua non for me in a SO relationship. Therefore, because it is an easily observable variable (as opposed to personality), I might as well use it as a qualifier.

Edited by toma1

There are amazingly beautiful women in this country; but they want guess what? amazingly handsome spouses. Ta-Ta.

Easy enough to say when you've iconized yourself using a drawing of an Amazon warrior.

Well, I went abroad for a spouse because there were too many fat American men.

The lovely Thai ladies at my favorite Thai restaurant are all fairly tubby. I expect American diet and lifestyle takes its toll after time spent in this country.

90day.jpg

Filed: Timeline
There are amazingly beautiful women in this country; but they want guess what? amazingly handsome spouses. Ta-Ta.

Easy enough to say when you've iconized yourself using a drawing of an Amazon warrior.

You have no idea what you're talking about :lol: ---someone, call charles :lol:

:rolleyes:

How old are you? 12?

What should i do know? Cry? :rofl:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

some of us have seen her - and she's a hottie.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.