Machiavillain

Third K1 Visa

574 posts in this topic

I beleive it was Benjamin Franklin who said that the perfect wife should half the mans age plus 1 year.

Women in Ben's day tended to die in droves during child birth, however. It was very common for a man to go through two-three-four wives in his lifetime, and not because they were leaving him for richer and more powerful men. :P

/also, Ben was a playah

Edited by HannahP

we met: 07-22-01

engaged: 08-03-06

I-129 sent: 01-07-07

NOA2 approved: 04-02-07

packet 3 sent: 05-31-07

interview date: 06-25-07 - approved!

marriage: 07-23-07

AOS sent: 08-10-07

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 09-14-07

AOS approved: 11-19-07

green card received: 11-26-07

lifting of conditions filed: 10-29-09

NOA received: 11-09-09

lifting of conditions approved: 12-11-09

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

Ole Ben was certainly a player. When he made that observation, he was barely 40 years old and so he had in mind a 21-year-old. He was a brilliant man. I'm sure none of the wome he knew had anything akin to ####### envy, which seems to account for some of the comments from women in this thread...which has taken on a life of its own.

I beleive it was Benjamin Franklin who said that the perfect wife should half the mans age plus 1 year.

then mine is too damned old. i'm 45, so she should be 23.5, but she's 27. i'll have to boot her when i get home.

Me too :lol: My wife is 27, and I am 44. Sorry sweetie :rofl:

we got it goin on, ain't we, bud. two middle aged guys with hotties in tow. it's enough to drive late middle aged women crazy. :devil:

the new pix are snazzy. especially like the one in which the little guy is hiding his eyes for the gooey stuff.

I've been in a situation in Asia where I've seen much older men pawing hot young things who were clearly not happy being mauled, but did nothing because they knew they were not equals with these men situation and seemed to accept their fate as being the older man's plaything. The look in that young girl's eyes (maybe 18? 19?) has always haunted me, though I said/did nothing. It made me very uncomfortable, to be honest, and so grateful to not have to rely on such an arrangement to escape crushing poverty. Is that always the situation? Certainly not, but you can't deny that it sometimes is - if it wasn't, I doubt we'd hear so much about marriage fraud coming out of that part of the world

And no, you can't imagine how not jealous I am of that situation.

Brad & Vika - love the pics. Is the little guy embarassed by the kissing your son?

Thanks much for the pic compliments. Vika has already lost one of the CDs somehow, and is in a panic :) . The boy is my nephew Jake, a grat kid. He held the rings for us.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Ole Ben was certainly a player. When he made that observation, he was barely 40 years old and so he had in mind a 21-year-old. He was a brilliant man. I'm sure none of the wome he knew had anything akin to ####### envy, which seems to account for some of the comments from women in this thread...which has taken on a life of its own.

Dude, he was Ben Franklin. Of course women wanted to sleep with him. Comparing him to men like Steve -- not so much. However, before inflation, perhaps they made the same amount of money per year.

we met: 07-22-01

engaged: 08-03-06

I-129 sent: 01-07-07

NOA2 approved: 04-02-07

packet 3 sent: 05-31-07

interview date: 06-25-07 - approved!

marriage: 07-23-07

AOS sent: 08-10-07

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 09-14-07

AOS approved: 11-19-07

green card received: 11-26-07

lifting of conditions filed: 10-29-09

NOA received: 11-09-09

lifting of conditions approved: 12-11-09

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline
anything above a BMI of 25 is considered overweight

But, BMI isn't good at accounting for muscle mass. Maybe he lifts alot?

exactly...not all people who have a higher BMI are *fat*

:bonk:

and so what if that person is overweight...ack

Oh, as a recovering anorexic, I totally understand the shortcomings of BMI. But still. I thought it was hilarious that he's conventionally considered overweight, yet he's complaining about American women who are overweight. Hypocrisy, much?

6'3" and 215 is not "conventionally considered overweight". It is healthy for a man to have this shape. I am 5'9" and 205, carry it all above the waist because i used to lift a lot, and am still muscle bound. You might call me "overweight", but I would then in turn challenge you and your 3 best friends to an arm-wrestling match, simultaneously.

Seriously, a 5'2" 150 pound woman is a lot more overweight than a 6'3" 215 pound man.

My wife is 5'1" and 105. Her figure is part of the attraction that resulted in our marriage. Whether you like it or not, men are attracted to women that are not overweight.

Oh so you have talked to my husband and he told you he was attracted to women who aren't overweight??? Obviously you don't have any Egyptian friends

Betsy El Sum

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Oh, as a recovering anorexic, I totally understand the shortcomings of BMI. But still. I thought it was hilarious that he's conventionally considered overweight, yet he's complaining about American women who are overweight. Hypocrisy, much?

6'3" and 215 is not "conventionally considered overweight". It is healthy for a man to have this shape. I am 5'9" and 205, carry it all above the waist because i used to lift a lot, and am still muscle bound. You might call me "overweight", but I would then in turn challenge you and your 3 best friends to an arm-wrestling match, simultaneously.

Seriously, a 5'2" 150 pound woman is a lot more overweight than a 6'3" 215 pound man.

My wife is 5'1" and 105. Her figure is part of the attraction that resulted in our marriage. Whether you like it or not, men are attracted to women that are not overweight.

Oh so you have talked to my husband and he told you he was attracted to women who aren't overweight??? Obviously you don't have any Egyptian friends

this preference is often seen in men from countries in which famine has historically been a frequent reality, and which have not yet acheived the confidence to embrace the concept of a healthy physique. in this way, china appears to be ahead of egypt. but then, we have to factor in a typical middle eastern conception for the natural role of a woman, which is limited to childbearing, in which case a rubenesque woman is seen as ideal.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

this preference is often seen in men from countries in which famine has historically been a frequent reality, and which have not yet acheived the confidence to embrace the concept of a healthy physique. in this way, china appears to be ahead of egypt. but then, we have to factor in a typical middle eastern conception for the natural role of a woman, which is limited to childbearing, in which case a rubenesque woman is seen as ideal.

Haven't heard that term in awhile. Plenty of us in America (including me) are ahem.... rubenesque. :lol:

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Wait a minute. Did you or did you not say you have the authority to speak on <insert bridges built by indians, chinese penises, guns yee-hawing>> because you have experience with it? Now are you saying you also can ferret out the intricasies of Egyptian culture as well as it relates to preference in women? You are so talented mr. shooter. well done! :star:

Filed: Timeline

Wait a minute. Did you or did you not say you have the authority to speak on <insert bridges built by indians, chinese penises, guns yee-hawing>> because you have experience with it? Now are you saying you also can ferret out the intricasies of Egyptian culture as well as it relates to preference in women? You are so talented mr. shooter. well done! :star:

sister LaL is way too eloquent for this thread :luv:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I puffy heart you!! :thumbs:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

the explanation of "famine" makes no sense since famine was a feature of Chinese life in the 20th century, including the starvation caused by the Great Leap Forward less than 50 years ago but the last major famine in Egpyt was in the 18th century.

I mean, no one talks about sending the food to starving children in Egypt when kids won't eat

of course, since we're taking our cues about the appropriate age for a wife from the 18th century, I can understand the confusion

90day.jpg

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
the explanation of "famine" makes no sense since famine was a feature of Chinese life in the 20th century, including the starvation caused by the Great Leap Forward less than 50 years ago but the last major famine in Egpyt was in the 18th century.

I mean, no one talks about sending the food to starving children in Egypt when kids won't eat

of course, since we're taking our cues about the appropriate age for a wife from the 18th century, I can understand the confusion

as i remarked, chinese men have left behind fears of famine and taken on fads and fashion in the sense that they now consider thin women to be desireable. as recently as the 1980's that was not the case. chinese today hold onto their past rather nebulously, jumping into the future so fast it's not even built yet.

i am aware of the result of the great leap. i have friends whose family survived in anhui, where less than 65% did. regardless, chinese men today prefer their women thin and pale, requiring a high standard of physical beauty. middle easterners still see their women as baby factories and nothing else, except maybe a green card.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.