daphne2109

I need an advise/info for my friend

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi everybody,

I would like to know if anybody here in VJ has ever experienced what happened to my friend.

She got a second time the biometric letter because they said that the first time it was not possibile to read her fingerprints. So last August she got her second biometrics. After waiting for about two months, yesterday she got a letter in which they told her that since also the second time they couldn't read her firngerprints, she must show that the last 5 years she never had any problem with the USA law, so that means that she must send to the immigration evidences, asking papers to the local police station (she has been living in Hawaii for 4 years), and even evidence when she used to live on the East Coast just for 1 year. The evidences must be sent to the immigration within one month.

When I got an email about that from her today I was speachless, I don't even know what to suggest her because I have never read anything similar here in VJ.

Can anybody let me know if it's something that has ever happened to anybody? Why they could take her fingerprints 2 years ago during her AOS process, and now they cannot read her fingerprints? Has happened something like that to some people living there in Hawaii lately? Maybe it's their fingerprints machine not working........

What's the best advise you can give me for her, guys? I would like to help her but I don't know.........

Thanks I really appreciate it!!!!!!!

p.s.: she was here in USA the very first time before meeting her USC husband, by a working VISA

K1 VISA: 07/25/06 GOT VISA!!!!!!

30th of September 2006 WEDDING

AOS:01/29/2007 received Permanent Resident Card (GC)

ROC:04/11/2009 received Permanent Resident Card (GC) expiring in 2019!!!!

N-400:

on 05/21/2010 Sent out docs to Arizona Lockbox Facility address via USPS

on 06/30/2010 Biometrics

on 09/24/2010 Interview Day - Passed the Test

on 10/19/2010 Oath - USA CITIZEN!!!!!

on 10/20/2010 I requested the US Passport

on 11/02/2010 the US Passport was received by Priority Mail

on 11/03/2010 @ the Social Security Office I changed my status from Resident to US Citizen

ON THE 3RD OF NOV.2010 MY JOURNEY ENDS, WHICH STARTED IN DEC. 2005!!!!!!!THANKS TO VJ & VJ PPL!!!!!!!!

Filed: Timeline
Hi everybody,

I would like to know if anybody here in VJ has ever experienced what happened to my friend.

She got a second time the biometric letter because they said that the first time it was not possibile to read her fingerprints. So last August she got her second biometrics. After waiting for about two months, yesterday she got a letter in which they told her that since also the second time they couldn't read her firngerprints, she must show that the last 5 years she never had any problem with the USA law, so that means that she must send to the immigration evidences, asking papers to the local police station (she has been living in Hawaii for 4 years), and even evidence when she used to live on the East Coast just for 1 year. The evidences must be sent to the immigration within one month.

When I got an email about that from her today I was speachless, I don't even know what to suggest her because I have never read anything similar here in VJ.

Can anybody let me know if it's something that has ever happened to anybody? Why they could take her fingerprints 2 years ago during her AOS process, and now they cannot read her fingerprints? Has happened something like that to some people living there in Hawaii lately? Maybe it's their fingerprints machine not working........

What's the best advise you can give me for her, guys? I would like to help her but I don't know.........

p.s.: she was here in USA the very first time before meeting her USC husband, by a working VISA

I understand what her problem is. When she had her first fingerprint done 2 years ago, all went fine and now they cannot read it. their machines work fine, the problem is, most people that have had problems with the law,they get finger printed , even for the slightest offence here in the USA as long as it has an arrest record ,gets finger printed,with this the smart ones going thru what we all are, try to disfigure finger prints so their records don't show on file when they get Biometrics done,, the reason for Biometrics is for background check all over the USA and beyond, to make sure you are admissible to get whatever you are applying for, Biometrics plays at least 40% of approvals.

Ask your friend to see if she had any form of injury during the last 2 years on her fingers maybe this would be the problem, cos I don't see any reason why if she passed it 2 years ago, now she can't have it done. Hope this helps abit

Timeline
Hi everybody,

I understand what her problem is. When she had her first fingerprint done 2 years ago, all went fine and now they cannot read it. their machines work fine, the problem is, most people that have had problems with the law,they get finger printed , even for the slightest offence here in the USA as long as it has an arrest record ,gets finger printed,with this the smart ones going thru what we all are, try to disfigure finger prints so their records don't show on file when they get Biometrics done,, the reason for Biometrics is for background check all over the USA and beyond, to make sure you are admissible to get whatever you are applying for, Biometrics plays at least 40% of approvals.

Ask your friend to see if she had any form of injury during the last 2 years on her fingers maybe this would be the problem, cos I don't see any reason

why if she passed it 2 years ago, now she can't have it done. Hope this helps abit

Mamagee, tks for yr message. But my friend never had problems with the law, so I really do not understand the problem. Coul it be that maybe there is someone else with her maiden lastname around that had problems with the law........I don't know it's weird. Can anybody else give me any info?

Tks!!!!

N-400:

on 06/30/2010 Biometrics

on 11/03/2010 @ the Social Security Office I changed my status from Resident to US Citizen

ON THE 3RD OF NOV.2010 MY JOURNEY ENDS, WHICH STARTED IN DEC. 2005!!!!!!!THANKS TO VJ & VJ PPL!!!!!!!!

There are plenty of people who have the same name, I don't think that this should affect your friend.

Well the best way for your friend is to call a lawyer, I suffered an injury to my right index finger with a razor blade more than a year ago and it still doesn't look fine, however I still passed my biometrics test. Sometimes finger prints are hard to read if you hands are in water most the time (dish washers) etc.. but you never know

The bottom line is that they asked her to do it, and she will have to do what they asked.

That's what i think.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

There have been a few others who have had problems with their electronic fingerprints and who have been requested instead to provide proof that they have not had a run-in with the law since their last successful fingerprints. It is not common, but it does happen, and there have been a few here on VJ who have experienced this. If she is in a job that uses her finger tips a lot such as playing a musical instrument or carpentry with sandpaper, hands kept in water a lot of times such as for hairdressing or house cleaning or things like that, her fingerprints could be worn too smooth for the equipment to get a good image. If she had some sort of an injury to a finger - a paper cut or grating it on the cheese grater (ouch!) that could also cause a problem. Since it happened twice it sounds like it is definitely a problem with her fingers and not with the equipment.

The best thing your friend can do is to follow the instructions given to her by USCIS. She needs to go to the local police - bring a copy of the letter requesting the police record check and have them provide it for her. She needs to request the same information from where she lived in the east and she should work on it quickly so she can make the USCIS one month deadline. She may be able to fax the request along with a copy of the request letter to the police where she used to live and they can mail a statement to her that she has no record. Since she has no record she shouldn't have a problem and should receive her approval shortly after she sends in the documents USCIS requested.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Thank you guys for your infos, I really appreciate it. At least my friend, I told her, she is not the only one to do what they (the immigration) asked her to do. Actually I know that she went already to the police station there in Hawaii, & she contacted already the east coast police station where she used to live, so hopefully she can make it within the time she must to present the docs.

I will tell her about you messages, so I know, she will feel better.

Tks again, and good luck for your journey!!!!! :star:

N-400:

on 06/30/2010 Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.