Justin&Paula

Passport Photos in Chile

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

My name is Justin and this my first post here on VisaJourney.com. Now that that is off my chest, I was curious if any of you members might be from Chile (where my fiancée and I are right now) and might be able to tell me where in Santiago I can get professionally done passport-style photos taken. I just spent 4.000 chilean pesos on some bogus pictures that aren't even going to work. If anyone of you can point me in the right direction, your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch!

Justin

Edited by Justin&Paula

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I made my one passport pics, simply used a digital camera, composed according to DOS specs, and printed them out on a thermal photo printer at 2"x2" .

Specs: http://travel.state.gov/passport/guide/guide_2081.html

A good digital camera, and photo printer are needed, you can even take the JPG to Kinkos/Fed-ex, or Walmart and get it cropped and printed on photo paper, and trimmed to 2x2 size.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline

Welcome to Visajourney! Feel free to ask questions. There isn't a very large community of Chileans around, but there are some!

My husband got his picture taken in a few different places. If you are looking for a professional place, I know that there is one that is across the street from the ChileExpress that is on El Bosque Norte in El Bosque (the people at ChileExpress were the ones to recommend it to my husband back when they were the ones who accepted B-2 petitions in person). But, he also got them done by a caballero in the local cibercafe who took them with his digital camera and printed them off there. That guy charged about 800 pesos for a few different copies. They worked fine, never had a problem.

Feel free to also PM me with any other questions (or simply to have community). I see that you are also from MN, now in Chile. Apparently we have some things in common :)

Good luck and enjoy the journey

Timeline
Welcome to Visajourney! Feel free to ask questions. There isn't a very large community of Chileans around, but there are some!

My husband got his picture taken in a few different places. If you are looking for a professional place, I know that there is one that is across the street from the ChileExpress that is on El Bosque Norte in El Bosque (the people at ChileExpress were the ones to recommend it to my husband back when they were the ones who accepted B-2 petitions in person). But, he also got them done by a caballero in the local cibercafe who took them with his digital camera and printed them off there. That guy charged about 800 pesos for a few different copies. They worked fine, never had a problem.

Feel free to also PM me with any other questions (or simply to have community). I see that you are also from MN, now in Chile. Apparently we have some things in common :)

hi Mo_Mati... my name is marta I am from colombia but I am living in santiago,chile right now... we are doing our k1 visa process here because here is where I life... I have a question if you please can answer... my fiancee wrote to chilean consulate asking for ourcase and the said that was recivec that they sent a packet with instructions and they give my interview day... is that normal... I mean did you sent your paper to the consulete and then they contact you?... or how was?... thank you if help me... and if you can tell me about your interview I will appreciate it too...

thanks and greetings...

Marta :star:

Timeline

hi Mo_Mati... my name is marta I am from colombia but I am living in santiago,chile right now... we are doing our k1 visa process here because here is where I life... I have a question if you please can answer... my fiancee wrote to chilean consulate asking for ourcase and the said that was recivec that they sent a packet with instructions and they give my interview day... is that normal... I mean did you sent your paper to the consulete and then they contact you?... or how was?... thank you if help me... and if you can tell me about your interview I will appreciate it too...

thanks and greetings...

Hey to all who posted in response to my inquary. I just wanted to let you know that I found a list of recommended studios/photographers on the website of the U.S. embassy in Chile. I am still very happy to know that you are all so quick to lend a helping hand. Take care all!

Edited by Justin&Paula

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline

thanks and greetings...

Hola Marta!

It looks like everything is going well for you. It sounds like the embassy has sent you the packet 3, which includes information on the medical exam, the documents that you need for the interview, and the interview date. So, to answer your question, yes, it is normal. Once your papers leave NVC and arrive to the embassy, they will send you the packet of info. Though, from others before us (and in our own experience) this was the part where others (and ourselves) saw some problems. So if you do not see the packet in the mail, give them a call or email to follow up.

I am not sure what you want to know about the interview. Feel free to send me a PM (tambien te puedo escribir en espanol si es mas facil). Overall, our interview experience was very easy and painless. We both agreed that it was pretty anti-climatic, as all the work came in before hand and the actual interview was about 5 minutes long. Nothing unusual.

Good luck!

Timeline

Hola Marta!

It looks like everything is going well for you. It sounds like the embassy has sent you the packet 3, which includes information on the medical exam, the documents that you need for the interview, and the interview date. So, to answer your question, yes, it is normal. Once your papers leave NVC and arrive to the embassy, they will send you the packet of info. Though, from others before us (and in our own experience) this was the part where others (and ourselves) saw some problems. So if you do not see the packet in the mail, give them a call or email to follow up.

I am not sure what you want to know about the interview. Feel free to send me a PM (tambien te puedo escribir en espanol si es mas facil). Overall, our interview experience was very easy and painless. We both agreed that it was pretty anti-climatic, as all the work came in before hand and the actual interview was about 5 minutes long. Nothing unusual.

Good luck!

hola Mo_Mati...

es genial que me puedan escribir en español... bueno... les contare que mi novio contacto a la embajada el lunes... el mismo lunes le contestaron y le dieron el dia de mi cita y le dijeron que un paquete con instrucciones me habia sido enviado... el cual aun no lo recibo... con mi novio llamamos al DOS nos confirmaron el dia entregado por ellos para mi cita... asi que el miercoles hicimos la reserva de mi ticket... y hoy lo compre ya que tengo mucha fe en que conseguire mi visa... y porque de lo contrario sino lo compraba hoy perdia la reserva... asi que me atrevi...

mis consultas son referente a cuanto se demoro en recibir el paquete?...la entrevista en si se atienden en ventanilla... si atiende el consul y que tipo de preguntas le hicieron... en fue en lo que mas se fijaron... cualquier detalle que pueda darme me ayudara...

gracias por contestarme...

saludos y bendiciones...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.