Que _serasera

Police Clearance Concerns for CR1 (DS230 Requirement)

14 posts in this topic

I had lived more than 6 months in 3 different places in the Philippines since aged 16, so I need Police Clearances from those 3 places.

I had a hard time getting the second one where I am not currently residing anymore. They said they can't give it to me cos I only lived there from 2002 to 2005. BUt I talked with the Brgy. Kapitan to at least give me a Brgy. Clearance since I have no der. record with them and so I can get the Police Clearance from that said municipality. But to get Barangay Clearance from that place they also gave me another CEDULA which states me as a resident in that place currently. NOw my Police Clearances will be like this:

Juana Lopez is a resident of Malaybalay City and she has no derogatory record and the date is October 19, 2008 (This is the Current Residence)

Juana Lopez is a resident of Iligan City and she has no derogatory record and the date is October 21, 2008.

Juana Lopez is a resident of Cagayan de Oro City and she has no derogatory record and the date is also in October 21, 2008

My question is :

1. WILL THIS BE A PROBLEM WITH NVC??? That I appear to be residing currently in three different places basing on my Police Clearances??

2. Or will they looked at it as just something that says you are cleared from those places you had lived more than 6 months??

Please share what you did and what's written in your Police Clearances and what you have submitted to NVC.

I will appreciate any answer on this, THANKS. :help:

Edited by Davida
1190776ucw831u5nf.gif

Only the NBI clearance is needed. The additional police clearances are required if you have lived in another country for more than six months.

So this means NOT all CR/IR applicants are asked to submit Police Clearances of all places lived for more than 6 months inside the Philippines???

It's confusing cos some were asked to submit and some were not. :bonk:

1190776ucw831u5nf.gif

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
I had lived more than 6 months in 3 different places in the Philippines since aged 16, so I need Police Clearances from those 3 places.

I had a hard time getting the second one where I am not currently residing anymore. They said they can't give it to me cos I only lived there from 2002 to 2005. BUt I talked with the Brgy. Kapitan to at least give me a Brgy. Clearance since I have no der. record with them and so I can get the Police Clearance from that said municipality. But to get Barangay Clearance from that place they also gave me another CEDULA which states me as a resident in that place currently. NOw my Police Clearances will be like this:

Juana Lopez is a resident of Malaybalay City and she has no derogatory record and the date is October 19, 2008 (This is the Current Residence)

Juana Lopez is a resident of Iligan City and she has no derogatory record and the date is October 21, 2008.

Juana Lopez is a resident of Cagayan de Oro City and she has no derogatory record and the date is also in October 21, 2008

My question is :

1. WILL THIS BE A PROBLEM WITH NVC??? That I appear to be residing currently in three different places basing on my Police Clearances??

2. Or will they looked at it as just something that says you are cleared from those places you had lived more than 6 months??

Please share what you did and what's written in your Police Clearances and what you have submitted to NVC.

police cert. is necessary only if you have been outside the phils. for more than 6 months after the age of 16.

destiny belongs to those who believe in their dreams and have the courage to really pursue it!

dont stop when you're tired, stop when you are done!

you just need the NBI. the above posts by jose rizal and nbsfb are correct, the police certifacate is needed when you have lived outside of PI for more than 6months after turning 16 years old.

but try securing a police clearance from where you live right now since there was one member here at VJ who got an RFE because NVC asked for a police certificate aside from the NBI clearance they submitted with the DS 230.

you just need the NBI. the above posts by jose rizal and nbsfb are correct, the police certifacate is needed when you have lived outside of PI for more than 6months after turning 16 years old.

but try securing a police clearance from where you live right now since there was one member here at VJ who got an RFE because NVC asked for a police certificate aside from the NBI clearance they submitted with the DS 230.

In truth I made the mistake of submitting a Police Certificate from Marikina, MM together with my DS-230 because I mistakenly read it as another "county" not "country" :blink: . It didn't make a difference at all. :)

In truth I made the mistake of submitting a Police Certificate from Marikina, MM together with my DS-230 because I mistakenly read it as another "county" not "country" :blink: . It didn't make a difference at all. :)

ITS ur option its better to be prepared at all times ;) i got nbi and police clearance just to be sure :thumbs:

Hi, Thank you all for the replies. Yes I already got my NBI and current Police Clearance from my present residence. But i'm confused by this one from NVC site:

"lived in a different part of their country of nationality --- for more than 6 months ---was 16 years or older at that time -----the police authorities of that locality."

post-36435-1224645402_thumb.jpg

I lived in 2 more different places in my country of Nationality (Philippines) Studied College in another city and worked in another city.

Has anyone lived in 2 or more different places INSIDE the Philippines (more than 6 months since aged 16) but only submitted CURRENT NBI Clearance and Current Police Clearance from present residence and was ACCEPTED by NVC???? :bonk:

1190776ucw831u5nf.gif

you may want to call nvc customer service for assistance NVCINQUIRY@state.gov

In order to ensure a prompt response:-- they gave me answer around 3-5 business days from the date of sent request

* The Subject Line of the e-mail should be the relevant NVC Case Number.

* Provide the applicant’s name and date of birth and the petitioner’s name and date of birth.

* If you are an attorney, include the name of the law office requesting the information.

* If the petition is employment-based, include the company/organizational name.

* Reference only one case per e-mail.

Hours: Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM to 12:00 AM (EST)

Tel: (603 334-0700).

Edited by lostGurl18

I'm sorry for the confusion, I just learned now that POLICE CLEARANCE and POLICE CERTIFICATE are two different things.

I should get POLICE CERTIFICATES for other places lived for more than 6 months in my country of nationality.

And will get the POLICE CLEARANCE for only the current place where I am residing now, so there's no conflict anymore.

Thank you everyone for your help :star:

1190776ucw831u5nf.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline

My question is :

You only need NBI clearance. If you lived in different countries, then you have to get police certificates in each country you have lived.

jamesfiretrucksg2.th.jpgthpix.gif

Timeline
Hi, Thank you all for the replies. Yes I already got my NBI and current Police Clearance from my present residence. But i'm confused by this one from NVC site:

"lived in a different part of their country of nationality --- for more than 6 months ---was 16 years or older at that time -----the police authorities of that locality."

post-36435-1224645402_thumb.jpg

I lived in 2 more different places in my country of Nationality (Philippines) Studied College in another city and worked in another city.

Has anyone lived in 2 or more different places INSIDE the Philippines (more than 6 months since aged 16) but only submitted CURRENT NBI Clearance and Current Police Clearance from present residence and was ACCEPTED by NVC????

:bonk:

where did you get this info?

I got that from this site http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html

from the NVC instruction packet for DS230. Just scroll down to Police Certificates.

Edited by Davida
1190776ucw831u5nf.gif

Timeline

I got that from this site http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html

from the NVC instruction packet for DS230. Just scroll down to Police Certificates.

Never did police clearance, this was on 2006...I guess they have changed the requirements.

I just submitted NBI and police certificates for each country I lived in.

Edited by Completely

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.