tenderheartusa79

K1 Visa process time

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello everyone

i was checking the processing time for the K1 visa and i found out that they updated the process time on August 31, 2008.

and the Processing Timeframe for the I-129F Petition for Alien Fiance(e) is 6 months .

so i really want to know what does 6 months mean ??

is it like it will take them 6 months to approve the petitions of August in 6 months??!!!!!

Thank you so much .

have a nice blessed day all . (F)

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Their processing times mean that it could take 6 months for them to approve your petition. If you wait longer than 6 months, then you can contact them to get further information.

They used to put a date on there, and that meant that they were processing applications from that date onwards, so if your date was within that time frame you just have to wait basically.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Their processing times mean that it could take 6 months for them to approve your petition. If you wait longer than 6 months, then you can contact them to get further information.

They used to put a date on there, and that meant that they were processing applications from that date onwards, so if your date was within that time frame you just have to wait basically.

we appled 23, june,08

and now its said 6 months what the hell that mean

it looks like thier game is to make us confused

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

USCIS will never report a date less than 6 mos. If they are processing faster than 6 mos. (1 day or 100 days faster) they will simply report 6 mos. nothing less

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

It clearly states the reason for this on the website. . .

The table shown below is intended to be a tool for customers to view our processing times. When applications and petitions are completed within our target timeframes, those timeframes will be shown (example: 3 months). If we are not meeting our target timeframes a date will be shown (example: April 16, 2008).

The processing dates shown below represent the receipt dates of petitions and applications currently being processed by the USCIS Service Center.

So with 6 months being listed for I-129f's, they currently would be processing petitions from April 2008 onward. If someone had filed in Feb 2008 and still have not heard anything after NOA1, they could call customer service and inquire into the hold up, since it is now 'out of timeframe' i.e. over 6 months to process.

People who applied in June up until present can anticipate their petition being adjudicated in six months or less (unless there is a change on USCIS's website in the meantime).

I believe the timelines may serve as a guide as to how long, considering that several people appear to have received NOA2 in approximately 4 months while others have taken 6 months or more. It is also notable to that several of those who take 6 months or more have an RFE, or (no way to prove this) perhaps their background checks sent up some red flags e.g. same name as another person who is wanted by the law.

I really wish I could bottle and sell patience. I think I could make a killing on this site.

Edited by ThaitoUSA

It clearly states the reason for this on the website. . .

The table shown below is intended to be a tool for customers to view our processing times. When applications and petitions are completed within our target timeframes, those timeframes will be shown (example: 3 months). If we are not meeting our target timeframes a date will be shown (example: April 16, 2008).

The processing dates shown below represent the receipt dates of petitions and applications currently being processed by the USCIS Service Center.

So with 6 months being listed for I-129f's, they currently would be processing petitions from April 2008 onward. If someone had filed in Feb 2008 and still have not heard anything after NOA1, they could call customer service and inquire into the hold up, since it is now 'out of timeframe' i.e. over 6 months to process.

People who applied in June up until present can anticipate their petition being adjudicated in six months or less (unless there is a change on USCIS's website in the meantime).

I believe the timelines may serve as a guide as to how long, considering that several people appear to have received NOA2 in approximately 4 months while others have taken 6 months or more. It is also notable to that several of those who take 6 months or more have an RFE, or (no way to prove this) perhaps their background checks sent up some red flags e.g. same name as another person who is wanted by the law.

I really wish I could bottle and sell patience. I think I could make a killing on this site.

Put me down for a couple of quarts... ;)

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.