jerill

PCC Help Needed

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Hi All,

I am from Gujarat. Since last 5 years, i have moved to Bangalore. But my family is still in Gujarat. And my Passport was issued from Ahmedabad Passport Office. My spouse has filed for I-130 visa.

I wanted PCC . Can Anyone share with me, which below options i should opt for :

1) Do I need to get Police Clearance Certificate from Bangalore + my hometown city in Gujarat + Ahmedabad District Office

OR

2 ) Do I need to get Police Clearance Certificate from Bangalore + Ahmedabad District Office

OR

3)

Do I need to get Police Clearance Certificate from my hometown City in Gujarat + Ahmedabad District Office ( Bangalore is not needed )

Kindly share your thoughts.

Thanks in advance.

Rgds,

Jerill

Edited by jerill

Filed: Timeline

YOU SHOULD GET THE PCC FROM BOTH GUJARAT AND KRANATAKA. THE INDIAN EMBASSY IS ACCESPTING PCC ISSUED BY THE HOME MINISTRY OF THE STATE, KINDLY CONTACT THE DISTRICT POLICE COMMISSIONER OF THE YOUR AREA NOT THE LOCAL OFFICE WHERE YOU LIVE,(DISTRICT SUPERDIENT OF POLICE IN YOUR AREA-DSP OFFICE)

Hi All,

I am from Gujarat. Since last 5 years, i have moved to Bangalore. But my family is still in Gujarat. And my Passport was issued from Ahmedabad Passport Office. My spouse has filed for I-130 visa.

1) Do I need to get Police Clearance Certificate from Bangalore + my hometown city in Gujarat + Ahmedabad District Office

OR

2 ) Do I need to get Police Clearance Certificate from Bangalore + Ahmedabad District Office

OR

3)

Do I need to get Police Clearance Certificate from my hometown City in Gujarat + Ahmedabad District Office ( Bangalore is not needed )

Thanks in advance.

Rgds,

Jerill

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi there -

My fiance just got his visa. He is Gujarati - born and raised in Bhavnagar - but he has lived in Mumbai for the past 7 years or so. He got his passport from Ahmedabad too, so he went back to Gujarat and Ahmedabad passport office for his PCC. He had to get his local PCC first from Bhavnagar, then his PCC from Ahmedabad.....per the packet 3/4 instructions it says you need a PCC from each city you've lived in since 16, but my fiance didn't get one from Mumbai and he rec'd his visa.

Hope that helps!

~~~Jenni~~~

K1

03/06/2008 - I-129F sent to CA Service Center

03/07/2008 - I-129F received

03/10/2008 - Check Cleared

03/13/2008 - Received NOA1 via mail, notice date 03/10/2008 - YAY!!!!

03/14/2008 - Touch

07/22/2008 - Touch

07/23/2008 - Touch (again and no approval yet - grrr!!!)

07/28/2008 - Received NOA2 via snail mail, notice date 07/23/2008 - YAY!!!

07/28/2008 - NVC received petition

07/30/2008 - NVC sent petition to Mumbai Embassy

08/14/2008 - Packet 3 received

08/20/2008 - Packet 3 submittted

09/12/2008 - Packet 4 received

09/17/2008 - Medical Exam

10/08/2008 - Interview - APPROVED - YAY!!!!

11/07/2008 - POE - 1st in Newark, NJ then home to Milwaukee

11/21/2008 - Married!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

if i had proofs for all places then i ll do option # 1)

Hi All,

OR

OR

3)

Thanks in advance.

Rgds,

Jerill

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My wife lives in Gujarat. She lived in Mangelore for about 5 year during her study. She only got PCC from locat police district office in Gujarat and Passport office in Ahmedabad. I sent all paperwork to NVC and NVC completed my case on Nov 21, 2008 without RFE.

As per reciprocity documents PCC from passport office

"All Indian IV applicants aged 16 and above, residing in India, should obtain police certificates from the local Passport Office. These are usually more dependable than those obtained at a local level and indicate that the subject had no serious criminal convictions on record at the time of passport issuance."

In India only two PCC is required as per American Consulate. See this thread from Parul. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=1877178

Good luck :thumbs:

Edited by Pappu1980

USCIS

02/01/2008 : Mailed I-130 to Chicago Lock Box via Priority Mail

02/04/2008 : I-130 reached Chicago 2:18 AM

02/19/2008 : NOA1

02/20/2008 : $355 check cashed

02/25/2008 : Case available to view online

08/26/2008 : Email: Case will transfer to CSC

08/27/2008 : Notice Sent: Case will transfer to CSC

09/04/2008 : Email: Case arrived and pending at CSC

09/05/2008 : Touch

09/08/2008 : Touch

09/23/2008 : Approved !!! (217 days | 31 weeks) from NOA 1 (235 days | 33 weeks) from file

09/24/2008 : Touch

NVC

09/29/2008 : NVC received Case & Case # assigned

10/03/2008 : DS-3032 & I-864 Fee bill generated

10/04/2008 : E-mail for Choice of Agent sent

10/09/2008 : I-864 Fee bill instruction received in mail

10/09/2008 : I-864 Fee bill ($70) submitted online

10/10/2008 : I-864 Fee bill shows status "PAID"

10/14/2008 : I-864EZ Package sent via priority mail

10/16/2008 : I-864EZ Package reached NVC

10/16/2008 : E-mail for Choice of Agent accepted. (12 days)

10/16/2008 : IV Fee bill ($400) submitted online

10/17/2008 : IV Fee bill accepted

11/13/2008 : DS-230 Package mailed to NVC (Had to wait for PCC)

11/18/2008 : DS-230 Package reached NVC

11/21/2008 : Case Complete (53 days | 7 Weeks) at NVC

Consulate

01/06/2009 : Medical

01/27/2009 : Interview (361 days | 51 weeks) from file

02/09/2009 : POE (Newark)

02/21/2009 : SSN Received

02/25/2009 : Welcome Letter Received

Filed: Timeline

Before my K1 interview I was quite confused about PCC from the police Station since I had stayed in 5+ places in India since I had turned 16. So I wrote to the Consulate and this is what I got from them -

Dear XXXXXX:

This is in response to your inquiry regarding the K-1 visa application.

The validity of PCC is one year from the date of its issuance. You need to obtain first PCC from local area police station

where you are residing for the past six months or more. The second PCC is required from the regional passport office.

Thus we need only two PCCs from India. Applicants who have resided in any other country for one year or more after

The age of 16 may also be required to submit police certificates for these countries.

We hope this information is useful to you. However, please contact us in case of any clarification.

Sincerely,

Visa Information Unit

U. S. Embassy

Hope this helps clarify some doubts people have about how many PCCs they need to obtain in India....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.