Seattle2Cebu

need some info Rent in Cebu

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

What can a local filipino rent an apt for in Cebu.. I am temporarily helping someone there.

I want to compare the numbers they are giving me.

To just get a cheap one or two bedroom apt or house in Cebu is about how much?

do they normally require a deposit or first and last months rent?

thanks for answering...

Edited by Seattle2Cebu

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well it all depends like everything else... Where in Cebu she plans on renting. I know of many places where they rent a room in a house and it can cost as low as 1500-2000p (About $30-40). But again, depending on what part of town or the type of place she plans on living will determine the cost.

I hope this helps a little...

Edited by EWRI6884
7522.gif

What can a local filipino rent an apt for in Cebu.. I am temporarily helping someone there.

thanks for answering...

the rent varies on where in cebu she rents. if she rents in major key cities, then expect a higher rent.

a cheap palce to rent monthly would cost you 1000 Php (single bedroom) with common bathroom, salal and kitchen.

if renting a place with single room with bathroom and kitchen and a receiving room, expect to rent from 2000 Php to 3000 Php (single or double bedroom).

YES, deposit and one month advance is sometimes asked...but NOT ALWAYS.

in my case (since we have 44-doors apartment with 1-3bedroom facility), i require both, the deposit and advance since we're located in a major key city (mactan).

it really depends on what both parties agree on, so just tell the person you're helping out to ask for affordable options since there are a lot of cheap apartments in cebu with great facilities.

thanks for answering...

Well it depends which area? I myself rented room with bath for $100 then not included the electricity I used water is free, prices varies in location, accessibility, safety and cleanliness. As what the above reply ussually they well ask at least 3 months payment.

You could try going to Yahoo and searching their groups for 'Cebu'. There are a lot of expats living there that might be able to give you more details. I see inquiries all the time in several of the expats groups I belong to and there is always one or more responses with information on rentals.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

ppe47ozqawgdn.png

HappyDancer is a proud wife to a country boy in KY.

I-130 for Parents (Mom and Dad)

3.15.2014: Mailed I-130 Packet for Mom and Dad

3.21.2014: Received email notification with case # for both petitions; case forwarded to NBC for processing

3.21.2014: Check cashed

3.22.2014: Hard copy NOA1 received

4.08.2014: Both I-130 approved (notification received via email) - It only took three weeks!!!

4.11.2014: Received NOA2 approval notice in the mail.

5.01.2014: Called NVC to ask for status of paperwork. Advised they received both application on 4.28. Advised to call in 30 business days for an update.

6.02.2014: Email notification received from NVC that shows parents' NVC case number and instructions to pay AOS Fee and fill out DS 261.

6.03.2014: Paid AOS fee ($88 for both petitions)

N400:
4.26.2013: Mailed N400 Packet

5.21.2013: Biometrics

7.18.2013: Testing and Interview

9.25.2013: Oath Ceremony

Medical at St. Lukes:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/183224-experience-medical-at-st-lukes-extension-clinic/

K1 with K2 Visa Interview:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/184246-usem-interview-on-march-10-at-7am-approved/page__p__2728465#entry2728465

CFO:Review, tips and advise:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/186123-cforeview-tips-and-advise/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.