bassel15

Is your spouse the jealous type????

48 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey guys just was wondering if your hubby is the jealous type? I know that if you really love someone it is normal to have some jealousy. I share everything with my husband I mean everything that happens because if I dont I feel like Im keeping things from him....like the other day my ex was playing around with me something he never use to do i mean since we have been divored....and all of a sudden he has started being so nice and talkative....which i find strange so i mentioned this to my husband he was not happy :angry: yes i know i cant blame him....but i dont even understand what is going on....you know its not long before my husband's interview and i have no clue whats going to happen my baby comes here which im hoping for that or i move there which im okay with that as well....and that is something i had to talk to my ex about being that we share two children...so what do you guys think....and please share about the jealousy thing too....now i know that most men in the USA are not too jealous at least not the ones i have none....and my ex never really minded if men talked to me so over the years i made some male friends well those that you meet during your children's baseball and basketball games....school.... or through work well you guys know what i mean.....anyways im worried about what my husband will think when he is with me one day and sees and hears men say hello to me....i already know he will not like it sooooooo....so let me know your outlook on all this and thanks in advance...

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

My husband is not too jealous, at least not from what I have ever seen. He pushes me to pursue my career, but he did have a little bitty problem with my desire to one day work on death row, not because he is jealous, just because it might be a little dangerous. We also have an attorney in New York, his friend, and my husband always is pushing me to speak directly to the attorney. I usually only talk to his Para- legal who is a really sweet girl, but my husband will say, ask to speak to the attorney. As far as being jealous of the ex, I really don’t think so, he has never said much about him. Even when some man we both met in Cairo, wrote me behind my husband’s back about how he was in love with me, CRAZY PERSON, I showed my husband the letter, and he was laughing about it, just saying look at how slick he thinks he is. He has asked me if I want him to take down his myspace page, and I am honey I trust you like you trust me. I was joking with my husband the other night and said that when I am online and someone’s try to talk to me, I play some online games, as soon as I tell them I am married with 5 kids, they usually disappear pretty fast, of course he laughs.

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I don't think he is too much, but i am!! :devil:

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

to the OP, I think that is very normal of how a ME/NA man is. I know plenty of guys from the middle east bcz of our area and all of our friends at our Arabic church have mentioned that. Its a way they express their love and dont want any man "bothering" their wife as they call it. Adam is basically the same, we went on vacation to Savannah and there were tons of our age guys out and about drunk and yelling bcz it was Oktoberfest. Adam became much more protective and you can see him get tense. When I told him I'm fine and that is just what crazy guys do during Festivals, he still said it didnt matter bcz he had to protect me. Its something in their mind, if they think a man is talking to us, looking at us or anything they get the protective mode which we see it as gettin jealous! :devil:

also to add... that when Adam was still in Egypt and when he even got here back in January he said that he didnt want me to have guy friends. :lol: I just simply told him Honey I love you and you are my husband and the only man for me, but your going to be in shock bcz I have TONS of friends some of them are male and they are going to be your friends bcz they been waiting for you and praying for you. He used to say dont they want to marry you? I would just tell him No of course they dont bcz Im mean and have you as my husband! :lol: -that always made him feel better! :lol:

Edited by TamaraLovesAdam
10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

My husband is definitely the jealous type. It bothered me at first as I wasn't used to it that much. Over time we have worked it out and he trusts me more. Definitely no room for male friends as he is really against that, but I don't really have any now days anyway. I think if we visit people together that is no problem, but he just can't handle the idea of me being alone with other men for any reason unless it is absolutely necessary. It doesn't bother me as I don't want him alone with other women.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Yep. he is. but i do still keep a friendship with my ex for my first sons sake, and i have a few other male friends that i went to high school with...they are in relationships some of them and some of them not.

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yeah, mine is kinda. He was alot more before he came here.

He's gotten mellow over time and trusts me as I do him. I worked closely with mostly men until recently, but it never bothered him because I don't talk to them outside of work. Some men at the mosque know me from just seeing me there and a male student is the one who first brought me there. But he liked that all the men knew who I was bc it meant that I was going on my own before he got here and wasn't just for him :lol:

I think it bothers him sometimes when I talk to my exs from Texas that I remain friends with, but I always tell him when I'm on the phone with them so that he doesn't think I'm doing it behind his back. It also helps that they are in another state :innocent: I don't have any close male friends in Florida so that probably helps alot too.

The only time I've seen him really jealous is when I went out with a friend of mine when he first got here and didn't know anyone. He was left at home, bored, waiting for me to get back. He didn't come with because he said it was only girls and he shouldn't go. Well... we ran into a couple of male friends of hers at Starbucks and ended up hanging out for a few hours. I didn't think anything of it, but when I inocently mentioned that later he was not happy and felt really left out. :blush:

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

Filed: Timeline

I have not experienced it myself w/ my hubby since we share many of the same friends and many of them are male. He's pretty open minded and thinks its ridiculous if we can't have opposite sex friends/co-workers, etc. I know he's not typical. But in his field and mine...we have a tendency to have a lot of public contact and we can not control that.

Do we have our jealous moments? Sure! But that's not MENA related that's normal I think...typically we can joke it off or laugh about it. I tease him sometimes if I'm out with friends on a weekend. I always call him on my way home. I tell him just giving him a heads up to get his girlfriend out before I get there. :P In all seriousness though, I think if either of us had an ex-hubby/wife it might be a different story but we don't and I can not compare.

BTW---I have plenty of American male friends that are crazy jealous of their gfs/spouses in their relationships that's why I don't think its MENA only. Some have gone so far as to be stalker like in my opinion. :wacko:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Uh dont play around nicey with ex then tell your new hubby about it esp when he is acros the ocean..HELLLO..he prob upset enough the kids arent his biologically..and you playing happy family. choose and respect your mate!!

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Mine is very jealous, but he's getting better. One of my male friends wrote him an email congratulating him on our marriage and he flipped. That was 2+ years ago. He's doing better now, but mostly because we have come to an agreement and we trust each other. I'm never alone with an unrelated male outside of work and he's never alone with an unrelated female. It does get tough when the maintenance guy comes. We're still having the discussion about hugging, too. But not with the maintenance guy!

Edited by TinaMsea

Got married : 6-3-06

I-130 delivered : 6-12-06 - Appt in Cairo

I-130 Approved : 4-18-08 - USCIS approval!!

Visa Interview Date : 6-22-08

Case sent to WADC: 8-6-08 - FBI check

Email From Embassy 1-09 - Still in AP (7 months)

19 DHL scans - 2-19-09

1-26-09 - Out of AP, now final review

2-26-09 - Visa in hand!

3-11-09 - POE JFK - Got stuck there due to immigration taking too long. They didn't change his visa from CR1 to IR1, have to go to immigration here to fix it.

3-12-09 - Arrived in Portland!!

5-29-2010 - Zane was born ** Absolute best day of my life!

6-7-2010 - Ahmed went back to Egypt

8-23-11 - Filed for divorce

1-12-12 - Divorce final

Mine is very jealous, but he's getting better. One of my male friends wrote him an email congratulating him on our marriage and he flipped. That was 2+ years ago. He's doing better now, but mostly because we have come to an agreement and we trust each other. I'm never alone with an unrelated male outside of work and he's never alone with an unrelated female. It does get tough when the maintenance guy comes. We're still having the discussion about hugging, too. But not with the maintenance guy!

:rofl: Girl ur too funny!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Yes and No.

He is not jealous of friends or coworkers, regardless of sex. But if I am going out with girlfriends to dinner or a club etc, he doesnt want a whole lot of cleavage goin on etc...

and we too have our jokes. If i take extra long at the grocery store or something when i get home he asks me if i had fun on my date, we joke around in that way alot though

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Yes and No.

He is not jealous of friends or coworkers, regardless of sex. But if I am going out with girlfriends to dinner or a club etc, he doesnt want a whole lot of cleavage goin on etc...

and we too have our jokes. If i take extra long at the grocery store or something when i get home he asks me if i had fun on my date, we joke around in that way alot though

Hehe! Well did you? I know Hazem gets the house cleared out fast too! :P We are goof balls :D

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

WOW your husbands sound great and I dont ever see my husband ever letting me have a male friend or ever let me go out with friends but this is something ill have to wait and see for when he is here with me or im there with him only time will tell....and as for me playing with my ex i dont, my husband doesnt mind that i have children from my ex....he knew that from the start and has always said that he loves them as if they were his....and i dont play around with my ex while he may say something that he shouldnt be saying i just change the subject....we use to fight everytime we spoke and now we finally talk like two adults and this makes our kids happy....so the best thing is for me to do is tell my ex that we should keep it clean and only talk about the kids if it most be done....i never try to make my husband feel that we are playing happy here cuz were not....i miss him and have choosen my husband....i love him and i would never ever step out on him not even with my ex....

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

My husband worries about men having to come in for things like maintenance, internet, satellite. There was no way around it so he had to deal with it, but I hated getting the "be careful" speach over something I couldn't help. Now my father lives with me so it resolved so many issues in that regard and my husband feels more comfortable. My dad is really easy to live with and has lived with me a couple times before so it is no big deal. I generally enjoy having someone else around and my dad is good about fixing things and helping with cleaning so I can't beat that!

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.