Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Do it yourself! Good Luck! :thumbs:

Nita

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

3.26.08 - NOA2 - APPROVAL IN 493 DAYS!!

NVC

7.22.08 - CASE COMPLETED IN 90 DAYS - THANK GOD!!

Embassy

9.29.08-Interview - AP (2 weeks)

10.15.08 - AP over :) Embassy called hubby to go get his Visa - HAPPIEST DAY!!!

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

11.25.08 - POE (JFK then SFO)

11.26.08 - Visa Journey is Over!! TOOK 737 DAYS....Habibi is Home!! :) :)

USA

11.25.08 - POE

12.10.08 - Applied for SS Card

12.15.08 - Welcome Letter Received

12.17.08 - SS Card Received

12.26.08 - Green Card Received :)

Begin Naturalization process 2011 ~ Inshallah

mybanner493ead35e2041shfr8.th.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

Let me add what i am sure everyone else said. Just read and do it yourself. Unless you have a complicated case, which it doesn't sound like you do. Good luck. Lots of people here to help you along.

I-130 for Two Step Children

App Recieved by USCIS: April 13, 2010

Notice Date: April 19, 2010

Notice Recieved: April 21, 2010

Touched: April 21, 2010

Touched: April 22, 2010

Approved:September 28,2010

You need a lawyer for this process with all the information that is posted here, just spend time reading the whole process and how it works and save your money.

Start reading and you will be done.

:whistle::star:

Thank you, guys! You are the best. I have been reading all day. It seems that DR processing times are a lot slower then other countries. I wish all of you luck and will be back for more info.

The main reason for being slower than other countries is for a lot of fakes marriages.

There are certain cases that really needs an attorney. But above all, if you know that you are your wife will be fine, there's no need of hiring one.

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

Thank you everyone! I appreciate the responses and support. I have been reading a lot and already started gathering the paperwork. I should be back to DR in Feb, so we will try to open a joint account. Does anyone know if I need any special documents to open a joint account in DR or is my passport enough?

Another question - has anyone tried Jame's shortcuts? Do they work? I heard many good things about them on different forums.

:star:

Edited by Yelena+Michael

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Lawyer is waste of time and money...

You will find all answers right here on VJ

*k3 Visa*

08-10-2008: NOA1

03-05-2009: NOA2

05-18-2009: K3 visa approved (Mumbai Consulate)

05-22-2009: POE LAX

*IR Visa*

07-10-2008: NOA1

03-05-2009: NOA2

08-13-2009: IR1 visa approved (Montreal, Canada)

08-15-2009: POE LAX

Thank you everyone! I appreciate the responses and support. I have been reading a lot and already started gathering the paperwork. I should be back to DR in Feb, so we will try to open a joint account. Does anyone know if I need any special documents to open a joint account in DR or is my passport enough?

You won´t be able to open an account unless you have the Dominican cedula, the passport isn´t enough. We tried that at Banco Popular and we couldn´t.

Another question - has anyone tried Jame's shortcuts? Do they work? I heard many good things about them on different forums.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi all,

This is the first time I post in this forum. I have the same question, "hire a lawyer or not ?????".

My case is that I applied the K-1 visa and the visa was denied at Guangzhou, China because they

didn't think our relationship was real. She didn't have any thing else negative for the case, it's just we

didn't provide enough evidence for the K-1 interview.

I went to China to marry her a few weeks ago. I am ready to file 130 for her.

I know exactly how to prepare the forms and the documents for I-130.

Again, here is the question. Is our case, it it worthwhile to spend money on lawyers?

I appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Steve

• 1 month later...

The bank won't allow you to open a bank account with your passport, you need the DR ID the cedula.

Edited by YMR

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.