Gumbolette

To whom it is address?

8 posts in this topic

I just want to ask about Proof of Bonafide marriage.

I went to bank last friday and asked Joint bank account Certification. And they ask me to whom it is addressed. Is it to Department of Homeland Security? or USCIS?

I addressed it to Department of Homeland Security, did I had it correct? or I have to go back to the bank and changed it to whom it should be address?

Thanks in advance.

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

I forgot to say that this will go along with our I-130 application. Edited by my_panacea = Greg

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

hi,

I just wanna ask if u are applying for CR1 or IR1?

Because in our case we applied for CR1,i had my bank here in the phils so we tried to apply for joint account before he left but unfortunately my bank did not honor it so i was pissed off (long story),then he tried in state but we can't have it since i am not yet there,so what he did he open another acount in states with his name and he sent off his ATM card to me for remittance...

so the main course here is that we have a proof that i am recieving support from him,so what i did i print out all atm withdrawals as a proof...he gave me the account number,password so that i can open it and see all my bank transaction here in the phils.....

it is not actually necessarily for CR1 visa not unless u are aplying for IR1....for IR! u need a conjugal property,joint accounts so on and so forth.....

and take note we just got married last april 2008 we file our case last june 2008 and now i am on the final stage (inteview on oct 22) we dont get any RFE on our I 130......and we dont encounter any problem on our visa journey........

anyway it's still ur option.....

bRat :goofy:

04-12-08.........Married

06-11-08.........I-130 Mailed

06-13-08.........I-130 Received

06-18-08.........NOA1

06-20-08.........Touched

06-21-08.........Received NOA letter

06-23-08.........Check cashed (Hon's birthday)!

08-08-08.........Touched

08-08-08.........I-130 Approved

08-08-08.........Case completed

08-09-08.........Email Received

08-15-08.........NOA2 Hard Copy Received

08-28-08.........Received AOS Notice

09-04-08.........I-864 Received by NVC

09-04-08.........DS3032 email resent

09-11-08.........Paid IV bill online

09-12-08.........Sent DS230

09-15-08.........Sent a email to NVC requesting for early interview due to pregnancy

09-23-08.........RFE

09-26-08.........Found out that a expedite was granted due to pregnancy (NVC RULES)!

10-01-08.........Case Received at Embassy

10-03-08.........Faxed Expedite request to Embassy

10-05-08.........Expedite granted! USEM Rules!

10-07-08.........Delbros Paid (no longer required)

10-15-08.........Medical

10-16-08.........Medical Passed

10-22-08.........Interview PASSED!!(Pink Slip)

10-24-08.........Visa in hand

11-01-08.........POE (Hawaii),flight #######!

11-13-08.........SSN arrived

11-26-08.........welcome note

12-16-08.........GREEN CARD RECIEVED

02-12-09......... gave birth to a beautiful Baby Girl

04-21-09......... Veterinary LabTechician (job) (Cleveland Veterinary Hospital)

.[

10f2b0h.jpg22aveq.jpg

I want u to have this as a reference;

IMPORTANT!! This is MOSTLY for I-130, IR/1 and CR/1 cases. I-129 (K1 or K3) information still to be added.

Contents

[hide]

• 1 USCIS Steps

o 1.1 Step 1 – I-130 Filing

o 1.2 Step 2 – I-130 Receipt Notice

o 1.3 Step 3 – I-130 Approval Notice

• 2 NVC Steps

o 2.1 Step 0 - Preparing For The NVC Process

o 2.2 Step 1 - NVC Assigns Case Number

o 2.3 Step 2 – Choice of Agent Form (DS-3032) Generation & AOS Pakage Review Fee Invoicing

 2.3.1 TRACK 1 - I-864

 2.3.1.1 AOS Fee payment

 2.3.1.2 AOS Package Express Mail to NVC

 2.3.1.3 NVC Receives AOS Package

 2.3.1.4 NVC Enters & Reviews AOS Package

 2.3.2 TRACK 2 - DS-3032 and DS-230

 2.3.2.1 DS-3032 Emailing

 2.3.2.2 NVC Enters DS-3032

 2.3.2.3 NVC Invoices IV Fee

 2.3.2.4 Agent pays IV Fee

 2.3.2.5 IV Package Express Mail to NVC

 2.3.2.6 NVC Receives IV Package

 2.3.2.7 NVC Enters & Reviews IV Package

o 2.4 Step 3 - Finalization

 2.4.1 Final Step 1 – NVC Case Completion

 2.4.2 Final Step 2 – NVC Case Forwarded to the Foreign U.S Consulate

• 3 Foreign US Consulate Steps

o 3.1 Step 1 – Foreign U.S Consulate Receives NVC Package

o 3.2 Step 2 – Courier Office Visit

o 3.3 Step 3 – Foreign U.S Consulate Receives NVC Package

o 3.4 Step 4 – U.S Consulate Interview

o 3.5 Step 5 – Arrival at U.S Port of Entry

• 4 Attachment 1 – I-130 Cover Sheet

• 5 Attachment 2 – I-864 AOS Package Cover Sheet

• 6 Attachment 3 – DS-3032 Email Format

• 7 Attachment 4 – DS-230 Cover Sheet

• 8 Attachment 5 – Interview Questions

• 9 Total Cost of Immigrant Visa

USCIS Steps

Welcome to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services USCIS !

The first step in bringing your spouse to the U.S. is to file an I-130 Petition (Immigrant Visa Petition) with the USCIS Service Center. The spouse in the U.S. is the Petitioner and the spouse in the foreign country is the Beneficiary. Once the I-130 petition is approved, the case is forwarded to the National Visa Center NVC. After NVC’s process, the case is forwarded to the Foreign U.S Consulate where the beneficiary appears for the immigrant visa interview.

I-130 is filed to obtain the Green Card (also called Immigrant Visa) for your foreign spouse. Meanwhile, once the Petitioner has I-130 Receipt Notice (NOA1), the Petitioner can file I-129F for the Beneficiary’s K-3 (Non-Immigrant) visa. There is no fee to file I-129F. Sometimes, K-3 visa may be faster than the IR-1/CR-1 Immigrant Visa (IV).

Always refer at http://www.uscis.gov for the latest Fees, Fees Payable to, Forms and the Address to mail the forms. You may register at the USCIS website to get notification about the approval sent to your email address.

Step 1 – I-130 Filing

Please refer to I-130 Cover Sheet.

Write down petitioner’s Full Name and Date of Birth on the back side of petitioner’s photograph lightly. Write down beneficiary’s Full Name and Date of Birth on the back side of beneficiary’s photograph lightly.

It is important to put your full name on your mailbox to receive mail from USCIS.

Step 2 – I-130 Receipt Notice

USCIS mails the Receipt Notice to the Petitioner. It might take a couple of weeks from the filing date to get this notice. Meanwhile, you can check with your bank if the filing fee has already cleared.

The petitioner may file I-129F at this point in time.

Step 3 – I-130 Approval Notice

USCIS mails the Approval Notice to the Petitioner. It might take couple of months from the filing date to get this notice, depends on the Service Center. Some people can expedite the process based on valid reasons. Though it may not be helpful, it is a good idea to contact your congressperson/senator to inquire about your case at USCIS if your case has been pending for 3 months or more.

NVC Steps

Welcome to National Visa Center NVC !

Tel# (603) 334-0700

Email: NVCINQUIRY@state.gov

NVC Contact details can be found at: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3177.html

If you follow these steps carefully, you can possibly be out of NVC in 4 to 6 weeks time.

Step 0 - Preparing For The NVC Process

Collect all the following general documents beforehand to speed up the NVC process. Note that these are general documents and it may differ case by case and country by country. For accurate details, please visit: Applicant Document Processing and select the beneficiary’s consulate.

Required documents from the petitioner for I-864 Affidavit of Support AOS Package

1. Last 3 years IRS Tax Transcripts (otherwise, last 3 years 1040 and W-2/1099)

2. Original Employment Letter

3. Original pay stubs (try to include all of them of the current year and/or one that includes salary to date)

4. All of the above from any joint sponsors

Required documents from the Beneficiary for DS-230 Immigrant Visa (IV) Package

1. Two passport-sized photographs (2X2 inches) of the beneficiary (Write down NVC Case# and beneficiary’s full name and date of birth on the back side of both photographs lightly)

2. Completed and signed form DS-230 Part I by the beneficiary

3. Completed and unsigned form DS-230 Part II by the beneficiary

4. Photocopy of the beneficiary's passport biographic data page

5. Original/certified copy of beneficiary’s birth certificate

6. Original/certified copy of beneficiary’s and petitioner’s marriage certificate

7. Original police certificates of the beneficiary

8. Original/certified copy of military record, if applicable

9. Original/certified copy of divorce decree, death certificate, etc. of previous marriage, if applicable

Important:

• If any of the civil documents are not in English, translate them into English and get them notarized. [NOTE: NOT necessary to notarize. Also, many sources say it's not necessary to translate, if the documents are in the language of the embassy where the interview will take place: see Documents The Applicant Must Submit]

• Certified copy of the civil document must be from the respective agency. That means, birth certificate’s certified copy must be from the birth registrar’s office, etc.

• IRS Tax Transcripts can be obtained free by dialing 1-800-829-1040

• Forms start with “DS” (DS-3032, DS-230) are from the Department of State and must be completed by the beneficiary. Forms can be found at: http://www.state.gov/m/a/dir/forms/

• Forms start with “I” (I-864) are from the USCIS and must be completed by the petitioner. Forms can be found at: http://www.uscis.gov and click on “Immigration Forms” link.

Step 1 - NVC Assigns Case Number

NVC receives I-130 approval from the USCIS. Do not wait for I-130 approval notice from the USCIS. Dial (603) 334-0700 to check NVC’s Automated Voice Response system (NVC's AVR). You need your I-130 Receipt Number to check the status.

If your NVC Case Number is assigned, get Invoice Identification Number NVC IIN – it is an 8-digit number – from an NVC live operator to pay the AOS Package and (IV) fees online. Both NVC Case Number and NVC IIN are needed to login at https://ceac.state.gov/CTRAC/Invoice/signon.aspx to pay the fees.

NVC Assigns the Case Number in the format LLLNNNNNNNNNN Where: LLL is three letter code of the Foreign U.S consulate where beneficiary appears, first NNNN is the four digit year NVC assigned the Case Number, second NNN is the three digit Julian Date NVC assigned the case, last NNN is the three digit serial number of the day NVC assigned the case. For example, if your case is at Chennai, India and the case is assigned on January 2, 2008 and it is the 2nd case on that date, your case # will be MDR-2008-502-002. That is MDR2008502002.

Step 2 – Choice of Agent Form (DS-3032) Generation & AOS Pakage Review Fee Invoicing

1. NVC Generates and sends a copy of the DS-3032 (Choice of Agent form) to the petitioner.

2. NVC Sends the original DS-3032 (Choice of Agent form) to the beneficiary in the foreign country.

3. NVC Invoices AOS Package Review Fee to the petitioner online at https://ceac.state.gov/CTRAC/Invoice/signon.aspx

There are now two independent tracks that run parallel within the NVC. For those who are using a lawyer, DS-3032 is NOT generated or sent by the NVC as the lawyer would automatically be designated as the agent.

TRACK 1 - I-864

AOS Fee payment

Time: No extra time needed

The petitioner pays I-864 AOS Package Fee ($70 - always refer to http://uscis.gov for most current fee amounts) online using bank checking account (no credit card). ABA # (or Routing #) and Account # is needed. Payment status changes to “PENDING”.

AOS Package Express Mail to NVC

Time: 1 to 2 days after above step

In one or two days time, payment status will show as “PAID”. Immediately print out I-864 AOS Package bar code coversheet from the online payment site and express mail the entire AOS Package to NVC by USPS.

Important:

1. Create your own cover letter to I-864 AOS Package Refer to I-864 Cover letter or Attachment 2 below

2. Use the address on bar code cover sheet

3. Write NVC Case Number on the top right hand corner of all pages of the I-864 AOS Package and supplemental pages (tax invoices, employment letter, etc.)

NVC Receives AOS Package

Time: 1 day after above step

NVC receives I-864 AOS Package

NVC Enters & Reviews AOS Package

Time: ~1 week after above step

NVC enters I-864 AOS Package into their system and reviews it in couple of days time.

If more info/evidence is required, then NVC will generate and send a checklist to the Petitioner. Petitioner responds to the checklist.

Important :

If NVC's AVR message says “Your forms are reviewed and found missing or incomplete information…” after your I-864 has been reviewed and before your IV fee or DS-230 generation, don’t panic. NVC is waiting for your IV Fee and DS-230 form.

TRACK 2 - DS-3032 and DS-230

DS-3032 Emailing

Important:

1. Subject line of email must contain NVC Case#, Beneficiary Full Name and Date of Birth

2. Make the Petitioner the Agent

3. For Email format, refer to Email DS-3032 form or Attachment 3, below.

NVC Enters DS-3032

DS-3032 is entered into NVC System

NVC Invoices IV Fee

NVC Invoices Immigrant Visa (DS-230) Fee online

Agent pays IV Fee

The agent pays IV Fee ($400 - always refer to http://uscis.gov for most current fee amounts) online using bank checking account (no credit card). ABA # (or Routing #) and Account # is needed. Payment status changes to “PENDING”.

IV Package Express Mail to NVC

In one or two days time, payment status will show as “PAID”. Immediately print out IV bar code coversheet from the online payment site and express mail the entire IV Package to NVC by USPS.

Important:

1. Create your own cover letter to IV Package Refer to DS-230 Cover Letter or Attachment #4, below

NVC Receives IV Package

NVC receives IV Package

NVC Enters & Reviews IV Package

NVC enters IV Package into their system and review it in couple of days

If more info/evidence is required, then NVC will generate and send a checklist to the Agent. Agent responds to the checklist.

Step 3 - Finalization

Final Step 1 – NVC Case Completion

Time: Approximately 1 week after the last step of the above 2 independent tracks

Case is officially completed and NVC will set an interview date in conjunction with scheduling available at the foreign U.S. consulate/embassy.

Final Step 2 – NVC Case Forwarded to the Foreign U.S Consulate

Time: Approximately 7 to 10 days after above step

Case is officially forwarded to the U.S Consulate by DHL. All your Originals/Certified copies submitted to NVC along with all your files are mailed to the consulate in this step.

NVC mails out immigrant visa appointment letter to both the petitioner in the U.S and the beneficiary in the foreign country.

How to track your valuable originals?

Listen to NVC's AVR message, it will clearly say “Your case is completed and forwarded to the embassy or consulate in XXX on MM/DD/YYYY…” Once you hear this message, immediately go to DHL website at http://track.dhl-usa.com/TrackByRef.asp?nav=TrackByRef and track your shipment.

For example, if NVC's AVR says your shipment date is 06/05/2008, NVC actually called DHL one day before this date to pick up the shipment. So your reference date is 06/04/2008. Then enter EXP 04 JUN 2008A as your reference in the above DHL website. Then scroll down to your consulate link.

To be sure you can try a date range between 06/03/2008 to 06/06/2008 in the date range.

Foreign US Consulate Steps

Step 1 – Foreign U.S Consulate Receives NVC Package

Time: Couple of days depends on the location

Beneficiary may do the following:

1. Try to get International Driving Permit (IDP) if he/she wants to drive in the U.S immediately after arrival.

2. Purchase or block the air ticket since the interview date is known. It is recommended to block the ticket at least 1 week after the interview date to receive the passport by courier. For some countries, passport is delivered by courier.

Step 2 – Courier Office Visit

(This may be an optional step for some of you)

Once step# 1 is completed and you have interview appointment letter, proceed to the courier office.

Some countries may have courier service to courier the passport to the applicant after the visa interview. For example, in India it is VFS service. For more info, visit: https://www.vfs-usa.co.in/Home.aspx

Step 3 – Foreign U.S Consulate Receives NVC Package

Time: At least 1 week before the actual interview

Here is the general list of vaccinations, get it done by your family physician, if possible, before going to Consulate approved physician to cut the cost. If you have an official record of having these vaccinations and they are current, you generally will not have to have them done again. You will need to present the vaccination record to the panel physician. Please check with the panel physician if you are unsure as to whether or not your vaccination record will be accepted.

1. Acellular pertussis

2. Hepatitis A

3. Hepatitis B

4. Human papillomavirus (HPV)

5. Influenza

6. Influenza type b (Hib)

7. Measles

8. Meningococcal

9. Mumps

10. Pneumococcal

11. Pertussis

12. Polio

13. Rotovirus

14. Tetanus and diphtheria toxoids

15. Varicella

16. Zoster

Also, get and appointment with one of the panel physicians at least 1 week before the interview date to complete the medical.

Please take the following before proceeding to Medical:

1. Visa interview appointment letter

2. Applicant’s Original passport

3. Applicant’s Photographs

4. All prior vaccination records

5. Fee (normally by cash – it can vary from $50 to $300)

o If you believe that you may have had some of the vaccinations already, but have no official record of them to present to the panel physician, you may contact the panel physician to see if a Titre Test will be accepted instead of having all the vaccinations again.

Step 4 – U.S Consulate Interview

Required documents:

2. Applicant’s original passport

3. Applicant’s photographs

4. Medical Report from Step #3

5. Excessive evidence to prove marital relationship in addition to the marriage certificate. This can be wedding album, honeymoon pictures, email/chat/phone records, joint bank account/joint property ownership etc. If the interview is to take place through a glass window, make sure things are flat enough to be passed through.

6. I-130 set, I-864, DS-3032 and DS-230 sets provided by the petitioner

7. Applicant’s identification info, such as driver license, voter’s registration card etc.

8. All applicant’s education, employment and all personal files

9. Petitioner’s original documents/copies are optional. However, it is a good idea to bring them too at interview time. You never know.

10. Courier office receipts, if applicable

11. Any other consulate-specific documents; call in advance to see if this applies

• Refer to your Consulate immigrant visa section for more details.

• Do not forget to collect all your originals back after the interview, which were submitted to NVC.

• Organize the files in the order of interview checklist or packet 4.

• Read the forms (I-130, G-325A of the petitioner and the beneficiary, I-864, DS-3032 and DS-230) carefully, so that your answers to the officer’s questions must match whatever is written on the forms.

• Take an additional photocopy of ALL the documents including the one submitted to NVC too.

• Dress appropriately for the interview - "business casual" - with minimal jewelry.

• Appear at the consulate a little earlier than the interview time.

• Listen to the officer carefully and answer properly and politely to each question.

• Do not provide extra information other than the right and truthful answer to the question.

• The visa is affixed inside the passport (validity will be 6 months) and the applicant is given a sealed envelope which should be hand carried, UNOPENED, to the U.S and submitted to the immigration inspector at the U.S. port-of-entry. If the sealed envelope is opened prior to arrival in the United States, the immigrant visa fee of $400 must be paid again at the American Consulate, and a new sealed envelope will be handed over to the applicant.

• Please complete all forms in CAPITAL letters and BLACK ink, if required.

• All dates are in the U.S. format MM/DD/YYYY (ie. for Aug 15, 2001, write 08/15/2001)

• All names must be as in the passport.

• Fingers should not have any cut or wound (there may be fingerprinting at U.S Consulate and at U.S Port of Entry).

• Do not fold any of the documents, take a large envelope.

• For example interview questions, refer to Consular Interview Questions or Interview Questions, Attachment # 5, below.

Step 5 – Arrival at U.S Port of Entry

• Please proceed to the immigration officer and hand over the passport and sealed envelope. Officer might ask some questions, listen carefully and answer politely and properly.

• Collect your check-in baggage.

04-12-08.........Married

06-18-08.........NOA1

06-20-08.........Touched

08-08-08.........Touched

09-15-08.........Sent a email to NVC requesting for early interview due to pregnancy

09-23-08.........RFE

09-26-08.........Found out that a expedite was granted due to pregnancy (NVC RULES)!

10-15-08.........Medical

.[

10f2b0h.jpg22aveq.jpg

Wow, this is so sweet of you Bratikicks.

Yes, we are going to apply for CR1.. We had our joint bank account here in the Philippines . We we're both present when we open an account since no bank will allow only one is present. I went to our bank last friday and I happen to have the address addressed to DHS. Which I believe now was wrong. I will just ask them to replace it to USCIS.

That's so good to hear that you will be soon over to this process.

Thank you so much for giving me this step by step. This will help us a lot.

More blessings to come.

Edited by my_panacea = Greg

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

You're very much welcome...

I also got pissed off with my bank here....anyway its a long story.....lol :girlwerewolf2xn:

hope that step by step will help u alot

good luck to ur journey....

bRat :goofy:

04-12-08.........Married

06-18-08.........NOA1

06-20-08.........Touched

08-08-08.........Touched

09-23-08.........RFE

10-15-08.........Medical

.[

10f2b0h.jpg22aveq.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

THIS IS VERY HELPFUL!!! THANKS FOR THIS BRAT :thumbs:

I want u to have this as a reference;

IMPORTANT!! This is MOSTLY for I-130, IR/1 and CR/1 cases. I-129 (K1 or K3) information still to be added.

Contents

[hide]

• 1 USCIS Steps

o 1.1 Step 1 – I-130 Filing

o 1.2 Step 2 – I-130 Receipt Notice

o 1.3 Step 3 – I-130 Approval Notice

• 2 NVC Steps

o 2.1 Step 0 - Preparing For The NVC Process

o 2.2 Step 1 - NVC Assigns Case Number

o 2.3 Step 2 – Choice of Agent Form (DS-3032) Generation & AOS Pakage Review Fee Invoicing

 2.3.1 TRACK 1 - I-864

 2.3.1.1 AOS Fee payment

 2.3.1.2 AOS Package Express Mail to NVC

 2.3.1.3 NVC Receives AOS Package

 2.3.1.4 NVC Enters & Reviews AOS Package

 2.3.2 TRACK 2 - DS-3032 and DS-230

 2.3.2.1 DS-3032 Emailing

 2.3.2.2 NVC Enters DS-3032

 2.3.2.3 NVC Invoices IV Fee

 2.3.2.4 Agent pays IV Fee

 2.3.2.5 IV Package Express Mail to NVC

 2.3.2.6 NVC Receives IV Package

 2.3.2.7 NVC Enters & Reviews IV Package

o 2.4 Step 3 - Finalization

 2.4.1 Final Step 1 – NVC Case Completion

 2.4.2 Final Step 2 – NVC Case Forwarded to the Foreign U.S Consulate

• 3 Foreign US Consulate Steps

o 3.1 Step 1 – Foreign U.S Consulate Receives NVC Package

o 3.2 Step 2 – Courier Office Visit

o 3.3 Step 3 – Foreign U.S Consulate Receives NVC Package

o 3.4 Step 4 – U.S Consulate Interview

o 3.5 Step 5 – Arrival at U.S Port of Entry

• 4 Attachment 1 – I-130 Cover Sheet

• 5 Attachment 2 – I-864 AOS Package Cover Sheet

• 6 Attachment 3 – DS-3032 Email Format

• 7 Attachment 4 – DS-230 Cover Sheet

• 8 Attachment 5 – Interview Questions

• 9 Total Cost of Immigrant Visa

USCIS Steps

Welcome to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services USCIS !

The first step in bringing your spouse to the U.S. is to file an I-130 Petition (Immigrant Visa Petition) with the USCIS Service Center. The spouse in the U.S. is the Petitioner and the spouse in the foreign country is the Beneficiary. Once the I-130 petition is approved, the case is forwarded to the National Visa Center NVC. After NVC's process, the case is forwarded to the Foreign U.S Consulate where the beneficiary appears for the immigrant visa interview.

I-130 is filed to obtain the Green Card (also called Immigrant Visa) for your foreign spouse. Meanwhile, once the Petitioner has I-130 Receipt Notice (NOA1), the Petitioner can file I-129F for the Beneficiary's K-3 (Non-Immigrant) visa. There is no fee to file I-129F. Sometimes, K-3 visa may be faster than the IR-1/CR-1 Immigrant Visa (IV).

Always refer at http://www.uscis.gov for the latest Fees, Fees Payable to, Forms and the Address to mail the forms. You may register at the USCIS website to get notification about the approval sent to your email address.

Step 1 – I-130 Filing

Please refer to I-130 Cover Sheet.

Write down petitioner's Full Name and Date of Birth on the back side of petitioner's photograph lightly. Write down beneficiary's Full Name and Date of Birth on the back side of beneficiary's photograph lightly.

It is important to put your full name on your mailbox to receive mail from USCIS.

Step 2 – I-130 Receipt Notice

USCIS mails the Receipt Notice to the Petitioner. It might take a couple of weeks from the filing date to get this notice. Meanwhile, you can check with your bank if the filing fee has already cleared.

The petitioner may file I-129F at this point in time.

Step 3 – I-130 Approval Notice

USCIS mails the Approval Notice to the Petitioner. It might take couple of months from the filing date to get this notice, depends on the Service Center. Some people can expedite the process based on valid reasons. Though it may not be helpful, it is a good idea to contact your congressperson/senator to inquire about your case at USCIS if your case has been pending for 3 months or more.

NVC Steps

Welcome to National Visa Center NVC !

Tel# (603) 334-0700

Email: NVCINQUIRY@state.gov

NVC Contact details can be found at: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3177.html

If you follow these steps carefully, you can possibly be out of NVC in 4 to 6 weeks time.

Step 0 - Preparing For The NVC Process

Collect all the following general documents beforehand to speed up the NVC process. Note that these are general documents and it may differ case by case and country by country. For accurate details, please visit: Applicant Document Processing and select the beneficiary's consulate.

Required documents from the petitioner for I-864 Affidavit of Support AOS Package

1. Last 3 years IRS Tax Transcripts (otherwise, last 3 years 1040 and W-2/1099)

2. Original Employment Letter

3. Original pay stubs (try to include all of them of the current year and/or one that includes salary to date)

4. All of the above from any joint sponsors

Required documents from the Beneficiary for DS-230 Immigrant Visa (IV) Package

1. Two passport-sized photographs (2X2 inches) of the beneficiary (Write down NVC Case# and beneficiary's full name and date of birth on the back side of both photographs lightly)

2. Completed and signed form DS-230 Part I by the beneficiary

3. Completed and unsigned form DS-230 Part II by the beneficiary

4. Photocopy of the beneficiary's passport biographic data page

5. Original/certified copy of beneficiary's birth certificate

6. Original/certified copy of beneficiary's and petitioner's marriage certificate

7. Original police certificates of the beneficiary

8. Original/certified copy of military record, if applicable

9. Original/certified copy of divorce decree, death certificate, etc. of previous marriage, if applicable

Important:

• If any of the civil documents are not in English, translate them into English and get them notarized. [NOTE: NOT necessary to notarize. Also, many sources say it's not necessary to translate, if the documents are in the language of the embassy where the interview will take place: see Documents The Applicant Must Submit]

• Certified copy of the civil document must be from the respective agency. That means, birth certificate's certified copy must be from the birth registrar's office, etc.

• IRS Tax Transcripts can be obtained free by dialing 1-800-829-1040

• Forms start with "DS" (DS-3032, DS-230) are from the Department of State and must be completed by the beneficiary. Forms can be found at: http://www.state.gov/m/a/dir/forms/

• Forms start with "I" (I-864) are from the USCIS and must be completed by the petitioner. Forms can be found at: http://www.uscis.gov and click on "Immigration Forms" link.

Step 1 - NVC Assigns Case Number

NVC receives I-130 approval from the USCIS. Do not wait for I-130 approval notice from the USCIS. Dial (603) 334-0700 to check NVC's Automated Voice Response system (NVC's AVR). You need your I-130 Receipt Number to check the status.

If your NVC Case Number is assigned, get Invoice Identification Number NVC IIN – it is an 8-digit number – from an NVC live operator to pay the AOS Package and (IV) fees online. Both NVC Case Number and NVC IIN are needed to login at https://ceac.state.gov/CTRAC/Invoice/signon.aspx to pay the fees.

NVC Assigns the Case Number in the format LLLNNNNNNNNNN Where: LLL is three letter code of the Foreign U.S consulate where beneficiary appears, first NNNN is the four digit year NVC assigned the Case Number, second NNN is the three digit Julian Date NVC assigned the case, last NNN is the three digit serial number of the day NVC assigned the case. For example, if your case is at Chennai, India and the case is assigned on January 2, 2008 and it is the 2nd case on that date, your case # will be MDR-2008-502-002. That is MDR2008502002.

Step 2 – Choice of Agent Form (DS-3032) Generation & AOS Pakage Review Fee Invoicing

1. NVC Generates and sends a copy of the DS-3032 (Choice of Agent form) to the petitioner.

2. NVC Sends the original DS-3032 (Choice of Agent form) to the beneficiary in the foreign country.

3. NVC Invoices AOS Package Review Fee to the petitioner online at https://ceac.state.gov/CTRAC/Invoice/signon.aspx

There are now two independent tracks that run parallel within the NVC. For those who are using a lawyer, DS-3032 is NOT generated or sent by the NVC as the lawyer would automatically be designated as the agent.

TRACK 1 - I-864

AOS Fee payment

The petitioner pays I-864 AOS Package Fee ($70 - always refer to http://uscis.gov for most current fee amounts) online using bank checking account (no credit card). ABA # (or Routing #) and Account # is needed. Payment status changes to "PENDING".

AOS Package Express Mail to NVC

In one or two days time, payment status will show as "PAID". Immediately print out I-864 AOS Package bar code coversheet from the online payment site and express mail the entire AOS Package to NVC by USPS.

Important:

1. Create your own cover letter to I-864 AOS Package Refer to I-864 Cover letter or Attachment 2 below

3. Write NVC Case Number on the top right hand corner of all pages of the I-864 AOS Package and supplemental pages (tax invoices, employment letter, etc.)

NVC Receives AOS Package

NVC receives I-864 AOS Package

NVC Enters & Reviews AOS Package

NVC enters I-864 AOS Package into their system and reviews it in couple of days time.

If more info/evidence is required, then NVC will generate and send a checklist to the Petitioner. Petitioner responds to the checklist.

Important :

If NVC's AVR message says "Your forms are reviewed and found missing or incomplete information…" after your I-864 has been reviewed and before your IV fee or DS-230 generation, don't panic. NVC is waiting for your IV Fee and DS-230 form.

TRACK 2 - DS-3032 and DS-230

DS-3032 Emailing

Important:

1. Subject line of email must contain NVC Case#, Beneficiary Full Name and Date of Birth

2. Make the Petitioner the Agent

3. For Email format, refer to Email DS-3032 form or Attachment 3, below.

NVC Enters DS-3032

DS-3032 is entered into NVC System

NVC Invoices IV Fee

NVC Invoices Immigrant Visa (DS-230) Fee online

Agent pays IV Fee

The agent pays IV Fee ($400 - always refer to http://uscis.gov for most current fee amounts) online using bank checking account (no credit card). ABA # (or Routing #) and Account # is needed. Payment status changes to "PENDING".

IV Package Express Mail to NVC

In one or two days time, payment status will show as "PAID". Immediately print out IV bar code coversheet from the online payment site and express mail the entire IV Package to NVC by USPS.

Important:

1. Create your own cover letter to IV Package Refer to DS-230 Cover Letter or Attachment #4, below

NVC Receives IV Package

NVC receives IV Package

NVC Enters & Reviews IV Package

NVC enters IV Package into their system and review it in couple of days

If more info/evidence is required, then NVC will generate and send a checklist to the Agent. Agent responds to the checklist.

Step 3 - Finalization

Final Step 1 – NVC Case Completion

Time: Approximately 1 week after the last step of the above 2 independent tracks

Case is officially completed and NVC will set an interview date in conjunction with scheduling available at the foreign U.S. consulate/embassy.

Final Step 2 – NVC Case Forwarded to the Foreign U.S Consulate

Time: Approximately 7 to 10 days after above step

Case is officially forwarded to the U.S Consulate by DHL. All your Originals/Certified copies submitted to NVC along with all your files are mailed to the consulate in this step.

NVC mails out immigrant visa appointment letter to both the petitioner in the U.S and the beneficiary in the foreign country.

How to track your valuable originals?

Listen to NVC's AVR message, it will clearly say "Your case is completed and forwarded to the embassy or consulate in XXX on MM/DD/YYYY…" Once you hear this message, immediately go to DHL website at http://track.dhl-usa.com/TrackByRef.asp?nav=TrackByRef and track your shipment.

For example, if NVC's AVR says your shipment date is 06/05/2008, NVC actually called DHL one day before this date to pick up the shipment. So your reference date is 06/04/2008. Then enter EXP 04 JUN 2008A as your reference in the above DHL website. Then scroll down to your consulate link.

To be sure you can try a date range between 06/03/2008 to 06/06/2008 in the date range.

Foreign US Consulate Steps

Step 1 – Foreign U.S Consulate Receives NVC Package

Time: Couple of days depends on the location

Beneficiary may do the following:

1. Try to get International Driving Permit (IDP) if he/she wants to drive in the U.S immediately after arrival.

2. Purchase or block the air ticket since the interview date is known. It is recommended to block the ticket at least 1 week after the interview date to receive the passport by courier. For some countries, passport is delivered by courier.

Step 2 – Courier Office Visit

(This may be an optional step for some of you)

Once step# 1 is completed and you have interview appointment letter, proceed to the courier office.

Some countries may have courier service to courier the passport to the applicant after the visa interview. For example, in India it is VFS service. For more info, visit: https://www.vfs-usa.co.in/Home.aspx

Step 3 – Foreign U.S Consulate Receives NVC Package

Time: At least 1 week before the actual interview

Here is the general list of vaccinations, get it done by your family physician, if possible, before going to Consulate approved physician to cut the cost. If you have an official record of having these vaccinations and they are current, you generally will not have to have them done again. You will need to present the vaccination record to the panel physician. Please check with the panel physician if you are unsure as to whether or not your vaccination record will be accepted.

1. Acellular pertussis

2. Hepatitis A

3. Hepatitis B

4. Human papillomavirus (HPV)

5. Influenza

6. Influenza type b (Hib)

7. Measles

8. Meningococcal

9. Mumps

10. Pneumococcal

11. Pertussis

12. Polio

13. Rotovirus

14. Tetanus and diphtheria toxoids

15. Varicella

16. Zoster

Also, get and appointment with one of the panel physicians at least 1 week before the interview date to complete the medical.

Please take the following before proceeding to Medical:

2. Applicant's Original passport

3. Applicant's Photographs

4. All prior vaccination records

5. Fee (normally by cash – it can vary from $50 to $300)

o If you believe that you may have had some of the vaccinations already, but have no official record of them to present to the panel physician, you may contact the panel physician to see if a Titre Test will be accepted instead of having all the vaccinations again.

Step 4 – U.S Consulate Interview

Required documents:

2. Applicant's original passport

3. Applicant's photographs

4. Medical Report from Step #3

5. Excessive evidence to prove marital relationship in addition to the marriage certificate. This can be wedding album, honeymoon pictures, email/chat/phone records, joint bank account/joint property ownership etc. If the interview is to take place through a glass window, make sure things are flat enough to be passed through.

6. I-130 set, I-864, DS-3032 and DS-230 sets provided by the petitioner

7. Applicant's identification info, such as driver license, voter's registration card etc.

8. All applicant's education, employment and all personal files

9. Petitioner's original documents/copies are optional. However, it is a good idea to bring them too at interview time. You never know.

10. Courier office receipts, if applicable

11. Any other consulate-specific documents; call in advance to see if this applies

• Refer to your Consulate immigrant visa section for more details.

• Do not forget to collect all your originals back after the interview, which were submitted to NVC.

• Organize the files in the order of interview checklist or packet 4.

• Read the forms (I-130, G-325A of the petitioner and the beneficiary, I-864, DS-3032 and DS-230) carefully, so that your answers to the officer's questions must match whatever is written on the forms.

• Take an additional photocopy of ALL the documents including the one submitted to NVC too.

• Dress appropriately for the interview - "business casual" - with minimal jewelry.

• Appear at the consulate a little earlier than the interview time.

• Listen to the officer carefully and answer properly and politely to each question.

• Do not provide extra information other than the right and truthful answer to the question.

• The visa is affixed inside the passport (validity will be 6 months) and the applicant is given a sealed envelope which should be hand carried, UNOPENED, to the U.S and submitted to the immigration inspector at the U.S. port-of-entry. If the sealed envelope is opened prior to arrival in the United States, the immigrant visa fee of $400 must be paid again at the American Consulate, and a new sealed envelope will be handed over to the applicant.

• Please complete all forms in CAPITAL letters and BLACK ink, if required.

• All dates are in the U.S. format MM/DD/YYYY (ie. for Aug 15, 2001, write 08/15/2001)

• All names must be as in the passport.

• Fingers should not have any cut or wound (there may be fingerprinting at U.S Consulate and at U.S Port of Entry).

• Do not fold any of the documents, take a large envelope.

• For example interview questions, refer to Consular Interview Questions or Interview Questions, Attachment # 5, below.

Step 5 – Arrival at U.S Port of Entry

• Please proceed to the immigration officer and hand over the passport and sealed envelope. Officer might ask some questions, listen carefully and answer politely and properly.

• Collect your check-in baggage.

CITIZENSHIP 06-19-2013 Sent N400 Application (Chicago Lockbox)

06-21-2013 USCIS received my N400 application

06-25-2013 USCIS mailed the NOA1

06-28-2013 USCIS mailed the Biometrics appt

07-01-2013 Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt letter

​07-15-2013 Biometrics Appt.

08-27-2013 Interview/Test passed

10-07-2013 Oath taking

IR-5 MOM AND DAD

02-20-2014 mailed I-130 for my parents

02-24-2014 USCIS received the I-130 docs

03-17-2014 USCIS approved the petition (took 15 days, weekdays only)

03-25-2014 USCIS shipped the approved case to NVC

04-02-2014 NVC received the papers (6 days from the approval date)

05-01-2014 Got the 2 case numbers. (21 days)

05-07-2014 Got an email & paid the AOS fee (4 days); DS-261(Choice of Agent) sent

05-09-2014 AOS status "PAID" (2 days from the date the was paid)

05-22-2014 AOS docs delivered in NVC

06-27-2014 RFE for I864 and I864A (i left the Place of residence blank, 26 days from the date they received the AOS)

06-28-2014 Mailed the corrected forms to NVC

06-30-2014 NVC received the AOS corrected forms

07-01-2014 Received IV Bill Invoice, paid.

07-02-2014 PAID status of the mother

07-07-2014 PAID status of the father

07-08-2014 Mailed the supporting docs

07-10-2014 Supporting docs arrived at NVC

07-11-2014 Submitted DS260 of mother

07-13-2014 Submitted DS260 of father

09-04-2014 Called NVC and the lady said CASE COMPLETE! (136 days total from the day they received the I-130)

09-11-2014 Received an email regarding the Interview (5 days from the day the case was completed)

09-15-2014 Status "In Transit" inCEAC

09-16-2014 Status "Ready" CEAC

10-03-2014 Interview/AP/USEM (no record of their medical,DAD needs to get an NBI explanation letter&new NBI clearance with his "aka"

10-8-2014 Mom called St Lukes and asked about the medical results, they said they submitted it already back in June

10-10-2014 Mom mailed the NBI Clearance of my dad

10-14-2014 NBI clearance delivered in USEM

10-06-2014 Visa Issued CEAC

10-09-2014 Got an email that my dad's visa was issued

10-14-2014 Visa delivered 11-29-2014 POE

12-08-2014 SS Card arrived

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.