Landel

Blue Slips, Pink Slips.....

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sorry to be so ignorant. I've searched for several hours through the forums for the meaning of the color coded cards or slips and only become more confused.

My fiancee had her interview at the Manila embassy on 15 October 2008. The CO was polite and professional as nearly as I can tell from our subsequent IM chats. He reviewed all our documents and photos and asked only a few questions. He asked our respective ages (there is a big difference) If I had been married before? (yes) How many children I had? (2 adult) If my fiancee had any children? (no) If I sent money (yes) How much?

Then he told her that he had all the info he needed and to go wait until her name was called. When called she went to window 37 where they asked if she had paid Delbros for document verification (yes, about two weeks before) Then she went to the Delbros window and paid the document delivery fee for which she received a receipt

She said that at window 37 they put a blue card with a stamp on it on our documents. What, if anything does that mean? No card of any color was given to her and no request was made for further information?

Any clarification would be appreciated.

Not sure what the blue card is, but normally they wouldn't bother with DV if your interview wasn't passed.

Did you have to fill out the visa delivery form?

Sorry to be so ignorant. I've searched for several hours through the forums for the meaning of the color coded cards or slips and only become more confused.

My fiancee had her interview at the Manila embassy on 15 October 2008. The CO was polite and professional as nearly as I can tell from our subsequent IM chats. He reviewed all our documents and photos and asked only a few questions. He asked our respective ages (there is a big difference) If I had been married before? (yes) How many children I had? (2 adult) If my fiancee had any children? (no) If I sent money (yes) How much?

Then he told her that he had all the info he needed and to go wait until her name was called. When called she went to window 37 where they asked if she had paid Delbros for document verification (yes, about two weeks before) Then she went to the Delbros window and paid the document delivery fee for which she received a receipt

She said that at window 37 they put a blue card with a stamp on it on our documents. What, if anything does that mean? No card of any color was given to her and no request was made for further information?

Any clarification would be appreciated.

Timeline

It seems that more documents where requested. I think my fiancee was so relieved to be through the interview process that she did not thoroughly read the papers she had been given. I'm trying to find out what else is needed. I may be back asking for more help. Thanks

If you are unsure about what documents are required, it would be good to call Lorraine or Grace at the USEM to get some clarification ASAP (don't bother with the visa call center). Your spouse maybe didn't understand the situation at the USEM, but you yourself want to remedy this situation as soon as possible.

It seems that more documents where requested. I think my fiancee was so relieved to be through the interview process that she did not thoroughly read the papers she had been given. I'm trying to find out what else is needed. I may be back asking for more help. Thanks

Timeline

Thanks ninjarocket. My fiancee and I are going to IM again tonight, 19 Oct. She will have the papers with her and should be able to transcribe the requests so I can get an idea of what is going on. If push comes to shove I'll have her fax copies to me.

Lorraine or Grace? Do you have their numbers? I take it that they work at a different number than the one I called to make the interview appointment

Thanks again

011 63 2301 2000 extensions 5184 & 5185

if you get the answer machine after the extension, press 0 to keep trying

good luck!

Thanks ninjarocket. My fiancee and I are going to IM again tonight, 19 Oct. She will have the papers with her and should be able to transcribe the requests so I can get an idea of what is going on. If push comes to shove I'll have her fax copies to me.

Lorraine or Grace? Do you have their numbers? I take it that they work at a different number than the one I called to make the interview appointment

Thanks again

Timeline

My fiancee scanned and emailed the form to me. The embassy form requesting additional information had nothing from the document list checked off, just a diagonal slash down the page, signed by the consular officer.I called the embassy, didn't get to speak to Lorraine or Grace but apparently what is missing is the Certificate Of No Marriage.

I've recently read about the "cenomar" but thought that it would be included in the original list of required documents. Is this a recent addition to the requirements? Anyway she'll jump through that additional hoop and maybe....who knows

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
i haven't heard of that document before is this philppine specific???

Yes its specifically is for Philippines, and I guess they also have another thing which they need to be stamped before boarding their flight to USA, that is something with both the partners attending some marriage seminar after they receive their VISA, or may be just the beneficiary, I am not sure and get it stamped.

To the OP, may be you should ask this question in Philippines forum , your chances of getting accurate answer will be much more.

Best of luck :thumbs:

I got a blue, pink and white slip after my interview.

The pink slip is for the application for courier service.

The white slip is for submission of some documents or other requirements (which in my case was the medical report, immunization record and passport).

The blue slip is the form to be completed when complying with the requirements as listed/indicated in the white slip.

All of these slips remain with me as it was the USEM that submitted all the requirements listed in the white slip I got and since it was not me that submitted them, I also did not anymore bring the blue slip (form) to the USEM.

Maybe you should ask your fiance if there was anything checked in the white slip such that she was given a blue form/slip. Those whose documents are all submitted were just given a white slip (with a check on wait for us...) and the pink slip for the courier service.

I read on some of the other posts that very recently there have been severe backlogs with the document verification (DV) at the USEM in Manila. To relieve the backlog, they've apparently been asking for CENOMAR or CENMAR documents instead. If that's what is required for your case then your wife needs go to the NSO office ASAP in Manila to obtain the relevant document and take it to the USEM. After the CO has reviewed it, she should receive her visa.

In a way your lucky, because this route might be faster than waiting for DV. Many interviewees still don't have their visas after many months because of the DV backlog. Check out the Philippines forum for more information.

My fiancee scanned and emailed the form to me. The embassy form requesting additional information had nothing from the document list checked off, just a diagonal slash down the page, signed by the consular officer.I called the embassy, didn't get to speak to Lorraine or Grace but apparently what is missing is the Certificate Of No Marriage.

I've recently read about the "cenomar" but thought that it would be included in the original list of required documents. Is this a recent addition to the requirements? Anyway she'll jump through that additional hoop and maybe....who knows

One other thing. How come you didn't post this in the k1 forum?

Timeline

Thanks everyone.

My fiancee will go to the NSO and get the "Certificate of No Marriage" (cenomar) She can then take it to the embassy Mon thru Thurs between 1 and 2 PM and deliver it to windows 17 thru 20. It's not on the list of required documents and there were no check marks on the laundry list of required documents on the white form she received. There was a diagonal mark from top left to bottom right and the CO signature at the bottom. The woman I spoke to at the embassy would not/could not confirm that the cenomar was the only document required. We'll see.

I believe the cenomar is unique to the Philippines because, as I understand, the government does not allow or recognize divorce

There is a required seminar for immigrating Filipinos. They have to have their visa/passport stamped showing they completed the session.

Ninjarocket, I waded through dozens of posts, timelines and graphics on other threads and found no answers. I posted here because I did a search, "pink slips blue slips" and this is where it led me. This is only the second time I've asked a question on this website and each time people have been quite helpful. I've read a lot of useful general info on the site but navigating the site with a specific purpose in mind has been daunting for me

Again, thanks to all. I'll let you know how all this shakes out.

I was only wondering why you posted your question on the forum for CR/IR visas as opposed to that for k1 visas, since you applied for a k1 visa. I didn't realize you were applying for a k1 visa at first, although that doesn't change the fact that your fiance needs to go to NSO.

Thanks everyone.

My fiancee will go to the NSO and get the "Certificate of No Marriage" (cenomar) She can then take it to the embassy Mon thru Thurs between 1 and 2 PM and deliver it to windows 17 thru 20. It's not on the list of required documents and there were no check marks on the laundry list of required documents on the white form she received. There was a diagonal mark from top left to bottom right and the CO signature at the bottom. The woman I spoke to at the embassy would not/could not confirm that the cenomar was the only document required. We'll see.

I believe the cenomar is unique to the Philippines because, as I understand, the government does not allow or recognize divorce

There is a required seminar for immigrating Filipinos. They have to have their visa/passport stamped showing they completed the session.

Ninjarocket, I waded through dozens of posts, timelines and graphics on other threads and found no answers. I posted here because I did a search, "pink slips blue slips" and this is where it led me. This is only the second time I've asked a question on this website and each time people have been quite helpful. I've read a lot of useful general info on the site but navigating the site with a specific purpose in mind has been daunting for me

Again, thanks to all. I'll let you know how all this shakes out.

The CENOMAR is just a certification issued by the Office of the Registrar General stating that the person requesting such document has no marriage record. If the person was married before, such fact of marriage will appear in that certification.

Is your fiance previously married? If she was, she would also be needing a certification of the court order with an attached copy of the cancelled marriage contract.

• 2 months later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I got a blue, pink and white slip after my interview.

The pink slip is for the application for courier service.

The white slip is for submission of some documents or other requirements (which in my case was the medical report, immunization record and passport).

The blue slip is the form to be completed when complying with the requirements as listed/indicated in the white slip.

All of these slips remain with me as it was the USEM that submitted all the requirements listed in the white slip I got and since it was not me that submitted them, I also did not anymore bring the blue slip (form) to the USEM.

Maybe you should ask your fiance if there was anything checked in the white slip such that she was given a blue form/slip. Those whose documents are all submitted were just given a white slip (with a check on wait for us...) and the pink slip for the courier service.

Hi.. this is elsiea..i just want to ask..after u submitted some other requirments to usem, how long did u wait before you received your visa? thanks , i hope to hear from u soon

e-agroft

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

03/02/2010-- Send AOS Packet to chicago lockbox

03/04/2010-- Chicago recvd the packet

03/12/2010-- check cashed

03/15/2010-- Received I-797C NOA for I-1485 & I-1765

03/16/2010-- I-1485&I-765 touched

03/20/2010-- received Biometrics appt. letter

04/05/2010-- Biometrics appt.@ 3:00 pm

04/06/2010-- EAD, 1-485,..Touched

05-01-2010-- Received Mail from uscis for interview (Thank God, no Rfe.)

05-07-2010-- touched 1-765 / card production ordered

05-26-2010-- Received EAD Card

06-03-2010---Interview @ Philadelpia USCIS @ 10:35 am (Approved :))

06-04-2010---Received e-mail--Card Production order ( Green Card)

06-07-2010---Received Welcome Letter from uscis

06-08-2010---Received email card production order (again?)

06-23-2010---Greencard Received yahoooooo!!!!

m'>CLH8m4331.png...........

Zsyrm4.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.