briank1visa

k1 visa question

6 posts in this topic

I am awaiting the packet 3 from the embassy. They said they already sent it to the untited states 10 days ago. Think it is going to my lawyer. Makes no sense since it is all the information she needs. Is this normal?

another question maybe I am not the only one in this situation. My fiancee is pregnant so i am hopeing I will have her here soon. Health insurance seems like it might be a problem. My insurance won't take with a pre existing condition of her being pregnent. Think I make to much money for medicare. Think it costs 10 to 12 grand to have a baby if every thing goes right wich i can afford. Just wondering if there is anything out there for someone in this situation. Just trying to think ahead. Think the first step would be getting her ssn when she gets here. that might be another problem trying to find health ins when she doesn't have an ssn. If anyone has any ideas i would aprreciate it

thanks

Does she have health insurance there? Would it be better/cheaper to have the baby then bring them up when everyone is healthy? Hmm, I'm not sure about that one. Tough situation. Good luck!

:star: Joey

And so he did what countless punk-rock songs had told him to do so many times before: he lived his life

10/07/2006 WEDDING DAY!

11/14/2006 AOS packet made it to 'the box' after being overnighted.

12/02/2006 Paul had biometrics

12/14/2006 AOS Forwarded to CSC AND AP Application approved.

01/17/2007 First touch of 2007 at CSC

01/20/2007 Touched AGAIN (also the 18th) come on...

February: Oops, RFE for a REGISTERED marriage certificate. Oops! Overnighted it.

02/28/2007 Paul gets email letting us know his GREENCARD is on it's way! It's done...for now!

03/09/2007 Paul's greencard arrives. And breathe...

We began with mailing the I-129 in on February 27, 2006 so the whole process took us approx. one year.

Good luck out there!

See PCRADDY for our official timeline.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I agree, with having the child in her country if you do not have health insurance in the United States. I will almost guarantee that she will not find an individual health insurance policy in the US that will cover her pregnancy. Even if she does not have insurance in her country it is most likely cheaper for you to cover her hospital costs in her own country.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline
I am awaiting the packet 3 from the embassy. They said they already sent it to the untited states 10 days ago. Think it is going to my lawyer. Makes no sense since it is all the information she needs. Is this normal?

another question maybe I am not the only one in this situation. My fiancee is pregnant so i am hopeing I will have her here soon. Health insurance seems like it might be a problem. My insurance won't take with a pre existing condition of her being pregnent. Think I make to much money for medicare. Think it costs 10 to 12 grand to have a baby if every thing goes right wich i can afford. Just wondering if there is anything out there for someone in this situation. Just trying to think ahead. Think the first step would be getting her ssn when she gets here. that might be another problem trying to find health ins when she doesn't have an ssn. If anyone has any ideas i would aprreciate it

thanks

I think (perhaps) that she can look to have the child here at a free clinic or women's health center. I'm not completely sure, as I've never had to personally look for such a place/service, but try searching a little bit for free clinics in your area and see if they have birthing facilities. Otherwise, she may have to have the baby abroad, as others have suggested.

Good luck and congratulations on the baby! :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7/27/2006: Arrival in NYC! -- I-94/EAD stamp in passport

8/08/2006: Applied for Social Security Card

8/18/2006: Social Security Card arrives

8/25/2006: WEDDING!

AOS...

9/11/2006: Appointment with Civil Surgeon for vaccination supplement

9/18/2006: Mailed AOS and renewal EAD applications to Chicago

10/2/2006: NOA1's for AOS and EAD applications

10/13/2006: Biometrics taken

10/14/2006: NOA -- case transferred to CSC

10/30/2006: AOS approved without interview, greencard will be sent! :)

11/04/2006: Greencard arrives in the mail! :-D

... No more USCIS for two whole years! ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Depends on where in El Salvador the fiancee is. It may be safer for mother and child to deliver here.

I think the OP said he can afford th $10K it would cost. If you have that kind of money, you may also want to look for a midwife and a home birth. It's generally a lot cheaper than the ob/gyn prenatal care and a hospital birth (for a normal pregnancy/healthy mother) and fewer interventions, which are often unnecessary.

Good luck!

09-02-2005 Applications for AOS, EAD, and AP received by MSC

10-21-2005 AOS fingerprint notice for 12-08-2005

11-07-2005 AP approved

12-05-2005 Infopass appt at San Jose office for interim EAD -- Refused, because it is already approved by MSC on 11-07-2005

12-07-2005 Attempt at interim EAD at San Francisco office -- no go. Back to San Jose, where CSO (chief station officer) tells they will contact MSC via email to request permission to issue interim EAD

12-08-2005 Biometrics for AOS and EAD. Having no EAD appt letter was no problem (used EAD NOA)

12-15-2005 EAD arrived in the mail

12-24-2005 Received interview letter; interview scheduled 03-01-2006

01-28-2006 Received replacement SSN card in married name (5 wks since application)

03-01-2006 AOS interview -- approved; received stamp in the passport

03-13-2006 Green card arrived in the mail

---

Filing for removal of conditions

If i go that route having the baby born abroad how much farther would that set the k1 visa back. what els would be needed. depending on when the embassy approves the visa she just might have to have the baby born there. Really want the baby born here though for her and the babys safety. Thanks for everyones responses.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.