twilight

Bringing my kids to the US - IR2 category

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi! Does anyone from the Philippines have any experience as to how long the visa release would take for kids who are minors in the IR2 category? Separate petitions were filed for each and they are on an expedite basis. Thanks.

It's a matter of time. How much, nobody seems to know. I brought Kids here on the K-2, that was the same as the K-1, and quite easy considering.

Now I am in the waiting game for another Kid. I'm hoping sometime next Spring based on the Process time reports. The last update I see was from July 31. Makes it sorta hard to plan on anything!

Good Luck, the good news is that things happen, the bad news is that you never know when!

:unsure:

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi! Does anyone from the Philippines have any experience as to how long the visa release would take for kids who are minors in the IR2 category? Separate petitions were filed for each and they are on an expedite basis. Thanks.

hi im also under IR2, it normally takes less than 2 yrs. but im not sure if its on expedite basis. maybe a lil quicker.

destiny belongs to those who believe in their dreams and have the courage to really pursue it!

dont stop when you're tired, stop when you are done!

thank you for your replies, the kids interview is on thurs. oct 23, how long will the embassy release a visa for them after the interview? how long did it take for your visa to be delivered from date of interview?

Unless there are problems with their document verification they should get their visas in a few days. Ask if you can pick them up.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

• 1 month later...
thank you for your replies, the kids interview is on thurs. oct 23, how long will the embassy release a visa for them after the interview? how long did it take for your visa to be delivered from date of interview?

Unless there are problems with their document verification they should get their visas in a few days. Ask if you can pick them up.

um. excuse me, I have my interview date at Dec 17, 2008 and my 21st birthday is at Jan 7, 2008.. How long is a few days? cause that might be a problem, i only have 21 days till my deadline thank you..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.