Foods while in Senegal

83 posts in this topic

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
LOLLL, I'm so sorry!!! Poor Boaz, I've traumatized you for today. Like I said about the roach pictures, "Omoba made me do it." :whistle:

Triple :o :o :o at Uno

ummmm WHO wants to talk about traumatized??? :unsure: Lets not forget who that roach and his little buddy were waving to from WHOs lunch???

:lol::rofl::rofl::rofl::lol:

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline
Im going to Pakistan soon and they only usually have gas stove tops to cook on no ovens. This is what i am bringing.

Several packages of Lipton chicken soup

cup a soup

powder speghetti sauce(like taco mix)

hot cocoa packages

tea bags and coffee bags

coffee mate

powder milk

pasta roni ( i opened it and put 3 boxes of it in one)

2 soup starters mixes

rice side dishes in the envelope

chrystal light powder mix for bottled water

candy(watch out they dont melt in your suitcase if its hot there now)

I just mostly and bringing powdered stuff you can add water too to make something out of it.

Some good suggestions here.

Filed: Other Timeline
LOLLL, I'm so sorry!!! Poor Boaz, I've traumatized you for today. Like I said about the roach pictures, "Omoba made me do it." :whistle:

Triple :o:o:o at Uno

da troof is wut da troof is :devil:

I am all that the Potter created me to be.

I celebrate, liberate and dedicate my life to His Glory.

I Am Uno!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guinea
Timeline
WG, you can still make that meal with cheese while in Dakar go buy the cheese packaged in a supermarket.

Tambacounda is 8 hours by bus, think it'll still keep well? Also will I find Colby and Mozzarella?

I wouldn't trust a cheese that has been sitting for 8 hours in the Senegal heat! As an alternative, you can buy Laughing Cow that doesn't need refrigeration. It's no colby or mozzeralla, but it's yummy on fresh French bread with a little honey for b'fast.

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Triple :o :o :o at Uno

ummmm WHO wants to talk about traumatized??? :unsure:Lets not forget who that roach and his little buddy were waving to from WHOs lunch???

:lol::rofl::rofl::rofl::lol:

LOL!! My husband does not like to eat out. Your experience would really send him over the edge. :dead:

Im going to Pakistan soon and they only usually have gas stove tops to cook on no ovens. This is what i am bringing.

Several packages of Lipton chicken soup

cup a soup

powder speghetti sauce(like taco mix)

hot cocoa packages

tea bags and coffee bags

coffee mate

powder milk

pasta roni ( i opened it and put 3 boxes of it in one)

2 soup starters mixes

rice side dishes in the envelope

chrystal light powder mix for bottled water

candy(watch out they dont melt in your suitcase if its hot there now)

I just mostly and bringing powdered stuff you can add water too to make something out of it.

I like your list.

ALL things work TOGETHER for GOOD!

• 7 months later...
Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline
I know I am picky and I am not real into trying new things, although I am doing my best to be a little more open. I did attempt to make fried plantain and yam - failed miserably but I tried, or maybe I cooked it right just didn't like it, I don't know.

Anyways, I am going to be in Senegal for over 3 weeks and I know I am going to have to cook. I am a good cook, I really am, but I don't think the things that I know how to cook well are going to be available there, maybe they will. Most of what I cook is Mexican. So my question is, what can I bring in with me? And how much? Is there a list somewhere? I remember when I was coming back from Paris I found a list of things I could bring back with me but can't seem to find one for going into Senegal. SO says he'll teach me to cook the way he likes, I just hope I can learn well enough for him. The biggest issue with cooking things he likes is that I don't eat seafood at all and can't even touch it without getting sick. I know that he likes a lot of things that have seafood in them.

You must think I am a "princess" type but I'm not, just when it comes to what goes in my mouth. I can handle no power, lack of toilet facilities, getting dirty, working hard - those are all things I can do. He jokes about having me eat a goat and I laugh along with him, but in reality NEVER could I do such a thing, I raise goats and I love them, I could not even begin to think of eating them, it'd be like eating my own child.

So, do you know what I can bring with me?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.