arabic bread anyone?

59 posts in this topic

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

I would love to or at least some olive oil. Olive oil I know I can take with me through airport cuz I did it for my sister in law. But the olives I don't know about

June 14, 2007 Sent I130 to Vermont Service Center via USPS overnight

June 15, 2007 Confirmed on usps.com that VSC has received packet

June 29, 2007 Check cashed by USCIS (hey they opened my packet!)

June 30, 2007 Received NOA1

July 7, 2007 I130 touched

July 9, 2007 I130 touched

July 10, 2007 I130 touched

Aug. 24, 2007 I130 touched

Aug. 26, 2007 I130 touched (stop feeling up my husband's case and get him over here, yala!)

Oct. 1, 2007 On my way to Palestine

Oct. 5, 2007 I130 approved, transferrerd to NVC YAY!!!!

Oct. 16, 2007 Return to US, ranks one of the saddest day of my life:(

Oct. 27, 2007 Agent form/AOS bill received from NVC

Nov 1, 2007 Overnighted AOS payment to NVC

Nov. 29, 2007 Received AOS form from NVC

Dec. 20, 2007 overnighted I864 packet to NVC

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
I would love to or at least some olive oil. Olive oil I know I can take with me through airport cuz I did it for my sister in law. But the olives I don't know about

I took olives recently. They even searched our bags and saw them but let us take them through.

Olive oil you can take, but remember not to put it in your carry-on!

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Timeline

I took olives recently. They even searched our bags and saw them but let us take them through.

Olive oil you can take, but remember not to put it in your carry-on!

Oh not the carry on?:( I packed the oil in my suitcase to check in under the plane last time. but that was wheh I was going through Ben Gurion, and they did not throw mu luggage around like it was nothing like they do at allenby bridge. I'll make sure to pack the olive oil between heavy clothing to soften the blow when it gets tossed off the truck.

Aug. 26, 2007 I130 touched (stop feeling up my husband's case and get him over here, yala!)

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

No, no liquids or gels in carry on anymore (thanks to the terrorists). Its very frustrating!!

But its definitely possible to bring it home in the bags down below. Try to bring a towel to wrap around it, AND put it between all your clothes. I've never had problems. Also try to bring a large zip lock with you that you can put it in before you wrap the clothes around it, in case it does break, it won't get all over your clothes!

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Timeline

yeah true. I'll try to remember that!

I want to go to the macines where they suck all the oil out of the olives. but my husband said no so far:( He said women aren't allowed to go there and only the men do that:(

Ruins the documentary I wanted to create while I was over there. The Life of an Olive-From Tree to Skillet:)

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

I want to go to the macines where they suck all the oil out of the olives. but my husband said no so far:( He said women aren't allowed to go there and only the men do that:(

Ruins the documentary I wanted to create while I was over there. The Life of an Olive-From Tree to Skillet:)

you can buy israeli olive oil over here in kosher sections of stores or kosher stores, they import a few brands. its not cheap but its not as expensive as some of the pricey italian ones. anyway its better than having one explode in your bag! olives i could understand bringing here if you have family members that make them homemade

Timeline

you can buy israeli olive oil over here in kosher sections of stores or kosher stores, they import a few brands. its not cheap but its not as expensive as some of the pricey italian ones. anyway its better than having one explode in your bag! olives i could understand bringing here if you have family members that make them homemade

I usually buy the cheap crisco veggie oil to cook here:)) But since I must convert my american ways to being more pali...I bought me some olive oil. Plus for things like ful, I use olive oil for that.

I just think it would be nat to have it come from Palestine, brought and picked by me is all.

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

I usually buy the cheap crisco veggie oil to cook here:)) But since I must convert my american ways to being more pali...I bought me some olive oil. Plus for things like ful, I use olive oil for that.

I just think it would be nat to have it come from Palestine, brought and picked by me is all.

oh ok i just thought you wanted that quality of olive oil in which case you could get the israeli here as it comes from the same place, same type of olives etc.

i fry with olive oil i get in jugs from the wholesale store and try to convince myself its healthier. i keep the good israeli or italian stuff for salads where you can taste it.

Timeline

oh ok i just thought you wanted that quality of olive oil in which case you could get the israeli here as it comes from the same place, same type of olives etc.

i fry with olive oil i get in jugs from the wholesale store and try to convince myself its healthier. i keep the good israeli or italian stuff for salads where you can taste it.

yeah thats the only time I use olive oil is when you can taste it. Actually isnt olive oil the healthiest one?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

I found this video on youtube. I would like to try it sometime. She also just posted a video on how to make Moroccan snowball cookies. They look really good. My kitchen is gutted right now so it will be about 14 days before I have a new kitchen to cook in. lol

Meriem (F)

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

I don't make the bread often, that's for sure. Course it's just me and bread isn't my friend, but I love it fresh too. If I find somewhere to buy it fresh, I will. I love making the other dishes and learning how to do it. But DanG! they do a LOT of chopping and dicing and mincing. No wonder they don't work, they are working! I also have no idea if I'm doing it right since I don't have Ahmed here to taste it for me.

When I went to Egypt I remember the first meal he ordered for me was spaghetti and french fries. I just looked at him and said what is this? He said that's what I ordered for you. I said, I can get this at home. I want to eat the food you have here. If you order "American" food for me again, I'll start ordering for myself. After that I started getting the most wonderful dishes and tried everything possible (even okra - blech!). I'm sure when our men get here, they will be interested to do the same thing. They will try our food and decide from there.

Plus it's gonna be so fun to learn how to make all that stuff together. I know Ahmed is going to get darn good at chopping, dicing and mincing! :devil:

lol

that is funny :rofl:

i feel the same way...to travel all that way and go out for CHICKEN (which is the da bomb, mind you) and frittes

well, i want the traditional fare there!

Sara you are one lucky woman! I can only hope that my hubby will be able to do that! I've seen him cook and I'm not so sure I want him in my kitchen at all :)

two things my hubby can make

tea

eggs

hehe in my husband's case, the men dominate the women. (in more ways than one). The women are totally submissive to the men. When tehre is not men from the village there, it is different. They can talk to each other like normal people do in the USA. But the minute someone from the village comes in, they aer not allowed to do that. Even if the men aer talking to each other in what I consider to be their family room, the women are not allowed to serve them coffee or tea. The women have to make it and they have to get one of ther boy kids to take it into them since it is ok for the men to see the little boys, but not the girls. Or one of the brothers (the unmarried ones for some reason) come and get the tea or coffee when one of the little boys tells tehm it is ready.

But it is very neat though. My husband's entire family is picking olives as it is olive harvest time in Palestine. Everyone there is excited because I am coming and they want me to pick olives with them:)) I've never picked the olives before. So i will do that and my husband told the women I am their boss. And the women fought him and said no your wife helps us, not bosses us around:) hehe he was joking of course.

:thumbs: OLIVE PICKIN...now that is my thing for sure!! OMG I love olives more than anything and the closest I came to olives was the olive grove I got to see in Marrakech...what fun, enjoy and have a safe trip...I am praying God will grant me the resources I need to get my ticket to Morocco over the Christmas holidays! It has been a very grueling 7 months apart :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.