JBean

Voter's lists

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Has anyone ever had to submit voter's lists for their visa? My fiance was told at his interview that he needs to submit voter's lists for the last five years with his name on them among many other things. He is registered, but he is registered in the village that he as born in, not at his current address, and his age is about three years off and his father's name misspelled on the rolls. I know this sort of thing is very common, especially in India, but I am concerned that they are just looking for a reason to reject him and am not sure how best to handle the situation. Should we just give them the rolls and not mention the problem with his father's name and his age or should we note them as mistakes in the cover letter? Or should we hold off and try to get a letter from a government official saying that they are mistakes? I can't even figure out why any of this is relevant when they already have plenty of proof of his identity...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I'm sorry I do not have any information for you but i'm going to move this to the Embassy forum so that perhaps someone there can help you. Also, please check out the Regional Discussion for India and your 'portal page' (link above) for others who have gone through the same Consulate. Perhaps you will find someone else with these circumstances.

good luck

mbk

timeline.jpg

Filed: Timeline

it's my opnion, kindly advice him to go to his LOCAL MANDAL REVENUE OFFICE (MRO OFFICE) and request them to give letter stating that his name is mentioned in voter list or if not kindly request Non availbilty of name in the voter list, request the documnets which proves that His name is their voter list, on other hand every citzen while have vote card issued by the Godvement of india , that is the offiscal documnet of vote in india.

I am not lawyer, it is my advice

Ravi

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
Has anyone ever had to submit voter's lists for their visa? My fiance was told at his interview that he needs to submit voter's lists for the last five years with his name on them among many other things. He is registered, but he is registered in the village that he as born in, not at his current address, and his age is about three years off and his father's name misspelled on the rolls. I know this sort of thing is very common, especially in India, but I am concerned that they are just looking for a reason to reject him and am not sure how best to handle the situation. Should we just give them the rolls and not mention the problem with his father's name and his age or should we note them as mistakes in the cover letter? Or should we hold off and try to get a letter from a government official saying that they are mistakes? I can't even figure out why any of this is relevant when they already have plenty of proof of his identity...

hi jbean

u can use "form 8" and get recived from election officer and alsos get photocopy of that form

i know alot of mistick are in voter id cards

they asked me voter id card and list both but i only submited voter id card

but i adviseing u it always good if u submit all document wt they asked.

laurarajesh

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.