himher

Visa to Saudi Arabia

36 posts in this topic

We are working on getting our visas processed to live and work in Saudi - I noticed that the requirements (medical, etc) are tougher than here in the US. Now I know how people from other countries feel when they have to get all of these medical tests and (yes, even MORE) vaccinations done.

i don't get it.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

oyy the visa process is awful coming!! what type of work will your husband do? are you both american? goodluck

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

wow yeah. Harder if you are a single woman I think:)

What dods it take to find a job in saudi....do they require degrees there? (for IT) I'm thinking of doing that as well one day.

June 14, 2007 Sent I130 to Vermont Service Center via USPS overnight

June 15, 2007 Confirmed on usps.com that VSC has received packet

June 29, 2007 Check cashed by USCIS (hey they opened my packet!)

June 30, 2007 Received NOA1

July 7, 2007 I130 touched

July 9, 2007 I130 touched

July 10, 2007 I130 touched

Aug. 24, 2007 I130 touched

Aug. 26, 2007 I130 touched (stop feeling up my husband's case and get him over here, yala!)

Oct. 1, 2007 On my way to Palestine

Oct. 5, 2007 I130 approved, transferrerd to NVC YAY!!!!

Oct. 16, 2007 Return to US, ranks one of the saddest day of my life:(

Oct. 27, 2007 Agent form/AOS bill received from NVC

Nov 1, 2007 Overnighted AOS payment to NVC

Nov. 29, 2007 Received AOS form from NVC

Dec. 20, 2007 overnighted I864 packet to NVC

It's for Aramco. I am American, she is from Indonesia. I've never had this much trouble getting a visa to another country they are pretty strict. Any advice from an Expat standpoint? We'll be near Dammam...

i don't get it.

Timeline

Really i know its hard to get the visa's. How far are u in the process??

My husbands position and his iqama alone do not qualify him to get us iqama's(residency visa)...we are here with him on Family visit visas that have been extended and we were working on getting our visas transfered but its very time consuming and costly and all about who you know.

Im assuming working for Aramco everything should be easier for you...as easy as it gets coming here.

i really cant offer any more thoughts on this because im just not sure, know its very hard.

Goodluck

Jan 11-Divorce final

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Aramco is a big company, one of the finest in Saudi Arabia. Many expats work there, or at least at one time. Your best bet is to speak with them and they should take care of everything for the sponsorship there. Good luck

June 14, 2007 Sent I130 to Vermont Service Center via USPS overnight

June 15, 2007 Confirmed on usps.com that VSC has received packet

June 29, 2007 Check cashed by USCIS (hey they opened my packet!)

June 30, 2007 Received NOA1

July 7, 2007 I130 touched

July 9, 2007 I130 touched

July 10, 2007 I130 touched

Aug. 24, 2007 I130 touched

Aug. 26, 2007 I130 touched (stop feeling up my husband's case and get him over here, yala!)

Oct. 1, 2007 On my way to Palestine

Oct. 5, 2007 I130 approved, transferrerd to NVC YAY!!!!

Oct. 16, 2007 Return to US, ranks one of the saddest day of my life:(

Oct. 27, 2007 Agent form/AOS bill received from NVC

Nov 1, 2007 Overnighted AOS payment to NVC

Nov. 29, 2007 Received AOS form from NVC

Dec. 20, 2007 overnighted I864 packet to NVC

We just finished our physical for our medical. I'm turning in our applications next week with the passports/photos then we just wait. Everything else is done, after our visas are approved then we have to get the move date/movers arranged and we can leave. My original post was just biatching about all the medical tests and additional vaccinations that we had to take to qualify for a visa

Really i know its hard to get the visa's. How far are u in the process??

My husbands position and his iqama alone do not qualify him to get us iqama's(residency visa)...we are here with him on Family visit visas that have been extended and we were working on getting our visas transfered but its very time consuming and costly and all about who you know.

Im assuming working for Aramco everything should be easier for you...as easy as it gets coming here.

i really cant offer any more thoughts on this because im just not sure, know its very hard.

Goodluck

Yes Aramco is handling everything for us.

Aramco is a big company, one of the finest in Saudi Arabia. Many expats work there, or at least at one time. Your best bet is to speak with them and they should take care of everything for the sponsorship there. Good luck

i don't get it.

Timeline

it shouldnt take too long once u turn all that stuff in.

i know for my family visit visa i sent them my stuff and i had my passport back in 3 days.

Goodluck.

Jan 11-Divorce final

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Hi, I'm currently also living in Saudi Arabia. My process to come here was probably much different than yours, since I am the wife of a saudi and my husband was my sponsor. For us to get it done quickly, we needed "wasta" or connections, of course. But for you, working for Aramco, you have no worries. They will take care of everything.

The medical can be a pain in the butt...and for me it was quite expensive since my insurance didn't cover some of the rediculous tests I needed to have done.

Also, once you get here, you will probably have to have a secondary medical exam done, which is much simpler and less of a hassle.

So again, I think you have no worries! Just be patient and wait it out.

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
OK so we're all set :) Leaving the US 12/30.......

Congrats!! :dance::dance::dance:

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

• 2 months later...

(from himher, since my other account is frozen)

So we made it, and are settled in. We LOVE KSA....It's beautiful here. What's up with the drivers though? Why do they feel the need to pass on the shoulder of the road? I can't wait to join them - license next week (laughing)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
(from himher, since my other account is frozen)

So we made it, and are settled in. We LOVE KSA....It's beautiful here. What's up with the drivers though? Why do they feel the need to pass on the shoulder of the road? I can't wait to join them - license next week (laughing)

why was your other account frozen?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.