daphne2109

Docs to submit during the span time

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Now that the day to sent out the docs is getting closer I've got all the doubts...........

The docs to be submitted must be dated right after the date of the 2 yr GC or they can be dated even a month earlier than that date?

I try to be more specific about it, my 2 yr GC is dated 20th of January 2007, can I submit for example a bank statement with our joint names dated December 2006?

Tks again!!!!!! :star:

K1 VISA: 07/25/06 GOT VISA!!!!!!

30th of September 2006 WEDDING

AOS:01/29/2007 received Permanent Resident Card (GC)

ROC:04/11/2009 received Permanent Resident Card (GC) expiring in 2019!!!!

N-400:

on 05/21/2010 Sent out docs to Arizona Lockbox Facility address via USPS

on 06/30/2010 Biometrics

on 09/24/2010 Interview Day - Passed the Test

on 10/19/2010 Oath - USA CITIZEN!!!!!

on 10/20/2010 I requested the US Passport

on 11/02/2010 the US Passport was received by Priority Mail

on 11/03/2010 @ the Social Security Office I changed my status from Resident to US Citizen

ON THE 3RD OF NOV.2010 MY JOURNEY ENDS, WHICH STARTED IN DEC. 2005!!!!!!!THANKS TO VJ & VJ PPL!!!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Now that the day to sent out the docs is getting closer I've got all the doubts...........

The docs to be submitted must be dated right after the date of the 2 yr GC or they can be dated even a month earlier than that date?

I try to be more specific about it, my 2 yr GC is dated 20th of January 2007, can I submit for example a bank statement with our joint names dated December 2006?

You evidence needs to establish a bonafide relationship... it can cover a range of time more than just the two years.... but quality of evidence is better than shear quantity....

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I started worrying about our evidence AFTER the date of his 2 year GC.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Each statment from each year after you married will show the continuity. Include as much as you can to prove the relationship which you think will right for you. Read others post to make sure what you should include.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes - just because your GC was approved January 2007 it doesn't mean that you filed for it in January 2007 so the evidence they have on your marriage only goes up to when you filed for your AOS. Try to include documentation that covers from the time you filed for AOS to the time you file for I-751. That will provide a nice continuity and they can see that you can prove the validity of your marriage covering the whole time span in between. For example, in our case, we filed for AOS in July 2004 but didn't receive the GC until the end of May 2006. When we sent in our application for I-751 we included documents that covered nearly 4 years of marriage starting from August 2004 since they had June and July documentation already right up to February, 2008, when we filed I-751.

Hope that helps!

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Tks for your replies guys, but sorry to bother again, so it is ok if I included docs dated a month earlier than my 2 yr GC right? I got married in September 2006, I filed the AOS form in October 2006, I got my 2 yr GC in January 2007, so it's fine if I include docs dated October & December 2006, and of course docs dated up today, right?

Tks again!!!!

K1 VISA: 07/25/06 GOT VISA!!!!!!

30th of September 2006 WEDDING

AOS:01/29/2007 received Permanent Resident Card (GC)

ROC:04/11/2009 received Permanent Resident Card (GC) expiring in 2019!!!!

N-400:

on 05/21/2010 Sent out docs to Arizona Lockbox Facility address via USPS

on 06/30/2010 Biometrics

on 09/24/2010 Interview Day - Passed the Test

on 10/19/2010 Oath - USA CITIZEN!!!!!

on 10/20/2010 I requested the US Passport

on 11/02/2010 the US Passport was received by Priority Mail

on 11/03/2010 @ the Social Security Office I changed my status from Resident to US Citizen

ON THE 3RD OF NOV.2010 MY JOURNEY ENDS, WHICH STARTED IN DEC. 2005!!!!!!!THANKS TO VJ & VJ PPL!!!!!!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Tks for your replies guys, but sorry to bother again, so it is ok if I included docs dated a month earlier than my 2 yr GC right? I got married in September 2006, I filed the AOS form in October 2006, I got my 2 yr GC in January 2007, so it's fine if I include docs dated October & December 2006, and of course docs dated up today, right?

Tks again!!!!

Yeah, mon.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.