Lisa1980

I-751 Issues with people trying to blackmail me.

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have problem. I have some relatives in Europe that are trying to ruin my life and they are doing everything to bring me down. They have sent embarrassing emails to my friends and other relatives and they created embarrassing stories about me. And now, the latest that I have heard is that, they have my social security number and my passport number and that they wrote a letter to the Immigration Office in here in the US saying that I committed fraud in obtaining my Green Card. I am currently processing removal of conditions on my Green Card and I am divorce. I did not commit any fraud, but I am still concerned about the kind of impact this might do to my Green Card application. Please help me.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

There is very little you can do until someone officially confronts you about this issue. Until then, make sure you have all your proof organized and ready to produce, should you be called to do just that.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

how did they get your SSN?

03/01/2007 - POE - JFK (L-1 Visa)

01/15/2008 - Proposed

03/15/2008 - Married

09/02/2008 - Sent AOS Package (I-130, I-485, I-693)

09/03/2008 - Received - Signed by SMITH

09/04/2008 - Checks deposited

09/10/2008 - Checks cleared ($1010 + $355)

09/12/2008 - 2 NOA's received (I-130, I-485) - Dated 09/08/08

09/16/2008 - Received notice for biometrics appointment on 09/30/2008

09/20/2008 - Biometrics done - Walk in (Orlando) Took 10 minutes

09/22/2008 - I-485 viewable online (pending, of course)

09/30/2008 - Biometrics Appointment (2pm)

12/30/2008 - Received Interview Letter

02/25/2008 - Interview

03/06/2008 - Welcome Letter received (the website will clearly never send me updates!)

Filed: Timeline

Are they US citizens?

I have problem. I have some relatives in Europe that are trying to ruin my life and they are doing everything to bring me down. They have sent embarrassing emails to my friends and other relatives and they created embarrassing stories about me. And now, the latest that I have heard is that, they have my social security number and my passport number and that they wrote a letter to the Immigration Office in here in the US saying that I committed fraud in obtaining my Green Card. I am currently processing removal of conditions on my Green Card and I am divorce. I did not commit any fraud, but I am still concerned about the kind of impact this might do to my Green Card application. Please help me.

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello, if your relatives trying to ruin your life due to bad accusations against you, just get ready. If times come around, problem comes to worse, be ready. If they were blackmailing you, I guessed, they were jealous, it's family relationships problems. Try to keep in touch with them and beg them not to ruin your life despite the fact that your intentions were good and you weren't in the bad faith of taking advantage from getting your geencard. If they knew your personal information that's considered stealing someone's identity, that's unlawful. Try to record your conversations while talking with them, just make sure you don't tell them that your recording it. If your phone had a speaker phone, you can make a recording. If time comes to worse, atleast your ready to back up your self from wrong accusations. I think this quarrel is related to family relationship matters.

"Have faith in God, Jesus answered. I'll tell you the truth. if anyone says to this mountain, Go, throw yourself to the sea, and that does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen. it will be done for him. Therefore I'll tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours" (MARK 11:22-24)

Hello

Just want to say that I have a hard time following your story, what kind of family does this kind of things to their own family members. and why would they be going through the trouble of doing all this from Europe, I mean if they were blackmailing you and contacting immigration from Europe, then they have no say because immigration will look at a claim of fraud filed by someone overseas against you and wonder how would they know, they don't even live in the states.

Well good luck anyway,

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

If you're doing everything the right way then you have nothing to worry about. Even if they did write a letter to the USCIS that doesn't mean they are going to take it seriuously until they have evidence confirming what is being said. Besides, you will get an interview to lift conditions and that's when you can show you did not and are not committing fraud.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.