Omar G.

assembly question

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

is it necessary to punch 2 holes and use the ACCO fasteners? i dont want to punch the holes, i have the big clips to hold everything together, maybe will use 4 or 5 of them to keep everything in tack and safe. and i am going up put post-its on each sheet as tabs to divide each section, and other style post its as informational. i taped pictures to a sheep of paper, and will write next to them to explain and describe who where and when....i am also using photocopied pages of my 2 passports to show my stay in Colombia, i have it described in my 'question 18 supplement' of the I-129, is that suffient or is that doccument going to be in aother place and therefore my 2 passports (i have dual citizenship) photocopies might be confused as to why i have 2? there is a full explanation of this in my I-129f question 18 attachment....

last question, with regards to the payment, i should get a money order or cashiers check? (i have no personal checks) and it is for the amount of 455 exact right? no tax or any other fee i must include? i am filing the I-129f. and where should i put the check, should i clip it in front of the cover letter so its the first thing they see when they open it or put it in the big envelope with everything? or put in a normal mailing envelope and have it cliped with it labeled?

i know no one has exact answers unless you work for the USCIS but these questions are based on your personal experience if you can help...thanks

this is my last step inorder for me to mial it in, im soo excited and nervous that i have everything organized the the right way.....thanks everyone for your help....

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

not necessary to use acco fasteners but you can if you wish....

MO, Cashiers or third pary check is OK... your choice... many people use checks to be able to see the "clearing" as added comfort...

I would clip it to the petition so it is on top and they see it...

YMMV

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I agree with Pay... just clip it together. Check on top. Be sure it's made out the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (do not abbreviate) and yes, for $455. How you pay is up to you. If you have no personal checks then just use whatever you like.

If you explained your dual citizenship and circumstances in which you met you shouldn't have to go into it again.

good luck.

timeline.jpg

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

They answered it all.

Good luck to you.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

in the section "proof of having met in past 2 years" i have photocopied both my passports for stamps, but only fotocopied the fist page with my picture and information, and the pages with all stamps. i did this with both passports, is this fine or do i have to photocopy every page? this is not to prove i am an citizen, i am including photocopy of my birth certificate as well, this is only for proof of having been in Colombia on the dates i stated...

i do not want to highlight with marker because they are colored photocopies, but i will use post its beside each relevant stamp....

this should be good right?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
in the section "proof of having met in past 2 years" i have photocopied both my passports for stamps, but only fotocopied the fist page with my picture and information, and the pages with all stamps. i did this with both passports, is this fine or do i have to photocopy every page? this is not to prove i am an citizen, i am including photocopy of my birth certificate as well, this is only for proof of having been in Colombia on the dates i stated...

i do not want to highlight with marker because they are colored photocopies, but i will use post its beside each relevant stamp....

this should be good right?

How will they know that the copied pages of the passport with the stamps is from your passport? It could be your ID page and some else's entry stamps... That is why they ask for ALL pages.... Dumb I know but they ask for it

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.