gigant

10 days after filing and no FP letter yet: is it normal?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
hi,

i filed my N400 on Sept 28, check has been

cashed but as of today oct 10

i did not received a fingerprint appointment letter yet;

is there something wrong??

should i call them?

thank you

thank you

If your check has only just been cashed then they are just starting to look at your application, most people dont get FP letter until about 30 days after they get the NOA1, if you have not heard anything by end of Oct then might be the time to find out if there is a problem.

They are not really going to give you any answers if you call them. Make sure you know that your check is cashed. We have a few people in August who's checks have still to be cashed. They were told to call back in 60 days. Which they did and then the USCIS office filled out a status inquiry report and told them to call back in 30 days. So calling them will get you no where with them. You might want to call your State reps office or your Senators. People have had good experience with that. Nobody really knows what the method to their process is. Some people have got their citizenship in 3 months. Wish you the best of luck.

My Citizenship Timeline

Service Center : Nebraska

CIS Office : St Paul, MN

Date Filed : 2008-07-31

NOA Date : 2008-08-06

Bio.Rcvd Date : 2008-08-15

Bio. Appt. : 2008-08-28

Interview Date : 2008-12-08

Approved : YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Final Approval 2009-03-16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!File is in line for Oath Schedule

Oath Letter Rcvd: 2009-04-03

Oath Ceremony : 2009-04-30

Total Time So Far: 9 months, 0 days ..WooHoo!!!!!!!! Can You Hear The Sarcasm =)

I AM NOW A US CITIZEN!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
You might want to call your State reps office or your Senators.

Come on, seriously - it's only been 12 days since they filed, and you're suggesting they contact their state reps! Personally, I'd suggest they just have a little patience. For the OP to be applying for citizenship I'd assume they had dealt with the USCIS previously, and should understand that things just take time.

N400 at California SC, Field office- Los Angeles

Sep 3, 2007 Application Mailed

Sep 12, 2007 - Priority date

Nov 9,2007 - check cashed

Nov 20,2007 - NOA1: "expect to be notified within 425 days of this notice",

Jan 10, 2008 - fingerprints appointment (letter lost due to mailing address receipted incorrectly)

Feb 7, 2008 - fingerprints done (took about 10 min - as a walk-in)

Sept 8, 2008 - Interview date (letter received Jul 18) - rescheduled at my request

Jan 6, 2009 - Interview date

Feb 26, 2009 - Citizenship Oath

*online status "case received Oct 29", no touches showing.

You might want to call your State reps office or your Senators.

Come on, seriously - it's only been 12 days since they filed, and you're suggesting they contact their state reps! Personally, I'd suggest they just have a little patience. For the OP to be applying for citizenship I'd assume they had dealt with the USCIS previously, and should understand that things just take time.

I agree with a little patience. I just gave them the option should they feel that their patience is running out, es[ecially since that's what our goverment reps are for to help and make sure we are happy little immigrants :D

My Citizenship Timeline

Service Center : Nebraska

CIS Office : St Paul, MN

Date Filed : 2008-07-31

NOA Date : 2008-08-06

Bio.Rcvd Date : 2008-08-15

Bio. Appt. : 2008-08-28

Interview Date : 2008-12-08

Approved : YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Final Approval 2009-03-16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!File is in line for Oath Schedule

Oath Letter Rcvd: 2009-04-03

Oath Ceremony : 2009-04-30

Total Time So Far: 9 months, 0 days ..WooHoo!!!!!!!! Can You Hear The Sarcasm =)

I AM NOW A US CITIZEN!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.