Rocky_nBullwinkle

For love or green card?

20 posts in this topic

Hello guys! I just had a conversation with my friend who lives in New York City. She was asking me if her boyfriend can come to the United States on a tourist visa. Here is her situation. She came here on a K-1 visa in October 2007. She got married in December 2007, filed for her AOS and as soon as she got her green card, she left her husband and flew to New York City to visit a friend. She never came back. She said her husband knew everything about her that she only married him so that she can come to the United States and get a green card and that she has a boyfriend in the Philippines. :angry::devil: And now she wants the BF to come and join her in NYC on a tourist visa. She needs help getting her boyfriend in the United States. I told her the boyfriend can apply for a tourist visa. The question is with no strong tie to the Philippines except his job as a police officer, will the embassy give him a visa?

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

Maybe a hard thing. Depends on how stringent the consulate w/ regards to issuing tourist visas. He can always pay the visa fee and give it his best shot...you say he is a police officer (it may help, especially if he has some years experience) perhaps he can have a letter form his captain stating that he will be going for a vacation, and will be expected back after the conclusion of said vacation. It may still be difficult if he does not have savings, or own a home/property. These are the things one uses to disprove the perceived 'intent to emigrate'...which is how the US consulate views tourist visa seekers.

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: Timeline
Hello guys! I just had a conversation with my friend who lives in New York City. She was asking me if her boyfriend can come to the United States on a tourist visa. Here is her situation. She came here on a K-1 visa in October 2007. She got married in December 2007, filed for her AOS and as soon as she got her green card, she left her husband and flew to New York City to visit a friend. She never came back. She said her husband knew everything about her that she only married him so that she can come to the United States and get a green card and that she has a boyfriend in the Philippines. :angry::devil: And now she wants the BF to come and join her in NYC on a tourist visa. She needs help getting her boyfriend in the United States. I told her the boyfriend can apply for a tourist visa. The question is with no strong tie to the Philippines except his job as a police officer, will the embassy give him a visa?

She made a big mistake....she only has a Temporary Green card.....

she will be forced to go back to her country after 2 years.

She better cheek with a lawyer... never mind trying to bring someone over.

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline
THIS POST VIOLATES TOS :angry:

Th O/P's post violates TOS!

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
And now she wants the BF to come and join her in NYC on a tourist visa. She needs help getting her boyfriend in the United States. I told her the boyfriend can apply for a tourist visa. The question is with no strong tie to the Philippines except his job as a police officer, will the embassy give him a visa?

What do you mean by "join her in NYC on a tourist visa"? Immigrate? It is not permitted to enter the U.S. on a tourist visa with intent to immigrate.

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline
And now she wants the BF to come and join her in NYC on a tourist visa. She needs help getting her boyfriend in the United States. I told her the boyfriend can apply for a tourist visa. The question is with no strong tie to the Philippines except his job as a police officer, will the embassy give him a visa?

What do you mean by "join her in NYC on a tourist visa"? Immigrate? It is not permitted to enter the U.S. on a tourist visa with intent to immigrate.

Jenn- is the OP not violating the TOS here asking for advice on how to circumvent/ defraud the system for her "friend"?

Edited by tmma

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Jenn- is the OP not violating the TOS here asking for advice on how to circumvent/ defraud the system for her "friend"?

Which is why I asked for clarification on what was meant by joining her in NYC. I believe you are correct, but I don't think we should make any assumptions. It would not be fraudulent for the BF to receive and use a tourist visa, given that he returns to the PI upon expiration of the visa.

Maybe she is unaware of the legalities ( :whistle: ) of the situation, in which case I think it necessary that we inform her.

She is one of the great b*thc*s in the world. What she needs to wait is for her karma.

Geez, she is disgusting..And how could someone who has a fully functional brain can even ask this forum on how to help a friend who commit visa fraud. I think the person concern and the friend is just brain damage.

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

Filed: Timeline

She is one of the great b*thc*s in the world. What she needs to wait is for her karma.

Geez, she is disgusting..And how could someone who has a fully functional brain can even ask this forum on how to help a friend who commit visa fraud. I think the person concern and the friend is just brain damage.

HEY. I might agree with the idea of what you said; but refrain yourself from speaking about brain injury victims in this way: it is NOT funny. At all. :angry:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Careful careful... with the insults. Tsk tsk I wouldnt wanna go there.

*no comment on the visa fraud*

I think they are fully aware of what they are doing.

I-129F Sent------------------------------------------04.21.2008

Interview Date---------------------------------------09.12.2008 (white and pink slip)

Visa Received----------------------------------------10.20.2008

US Entry----------------------------------------------10.29.2008 (POE: Detroit)

Marriage----------------------------------------------12.18.2008

(Cant file AOS yet, had to wait after filing taxes)

AOS packet sent w/ EAD----------------------------03.19.2009

NOA1 - Receipt Notice-------------------------------03.27.2009

1st Biometrics Appointment Notice-----------------03.31.2009 (for I-485 & I-765)

Transfer Notice (to CSC)----------------------------04.09.2009

1st Biometrics Schedule-----------------------------04.21.2009 (Attendant said either my fingerprints had slightly faded or their scanning machine sucks... #######?!)

2nd Biometrics Appointment Notice----------------04.23.2009 (*sigh*)

2nd Biometrics Schedule----------------------------05.14.2009 (for I-485)

Received EAD (sent by mail)-----------------------05.18.2009

Welcome Notice-------------------------------------06.01.2009 (for I-485)

Approval Notice and Resident Card received------06.11.2009

HEY. I might agree with the idea of what you said; but refrain yourself from speaking about brain injury victims in this way: it is NOT funny. At all. :angry:

opps, apology here. I was just too carried away by this.

I was just feeling bad too about woman marrying someone for GC purpose. It's just too evil. :(

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The OP situation is why it takes legitimate couples so long to get visas. FRAUD.

Edited by RonnieKris

Product-500.jpg

phsmall.gif

Vermont Service Center

I-129F Sent : 05-07-08

I-129F NOA1 : 05-15-08

Touched : 06-26-08

NOA2 : 08/29/08

ApprovaL NVC sent:09/01/08

Arrived @ NCV :09/03/08

called NVC 09/04/08 received case #*

NOA2 hard copy in mail Sept. 6, 2008

LetteR from NVC: Sept. 8, 2008

Left NVC : Sept. 24, 2008 > Arrived Sept. 29th

Medical Oct. : 7/13/2008 passed!

Interview date: Oct. 20,2008 7am ***APPROVED***

Visa delivery : Oct. 23,2008

Arrival in USA : oCt. 29 ,2008 POE Houston, Tx.

Life is good !!

<

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.