william_wallace

Duplicate forms DS-230 Part 1

7 posts in this topic

When I received the packet 3 from the London Embassy they have included 5 forms of DS-230 part 1. 1 for me and 4 for my children. As I am the only 1 going to the States do I need to fill in the other 4 forms regardless my children coming to me or not?

Thanks

beach_1_001.jpg

mbc

MBC. I have no idea what that means.

"moved by charles", it was switched to a more appropriate forum for your question.

s41029cb120113_1_0.jpg

When I received the packet 3 from the London Embassy they have included 5 forms of DS-230 part 1. 1 for me and 4 for my children. As I am the only 1 going to the States do I need to fill in the other 4 forms regardless my children coming to me or not?

Thanks

It would be a bit awkward for the CO to know that you are leaving your kids in London and may even raise questions regarding your intentions which may be reason for denial. On the other hand, including your children in the application process may be a costly proposition and money-wise and opportunity-wise as they will not be going to the US -- you will still have to pay for the application fees and they may be denied entry to the US in the future because they didn't use the visa.

You are in a Catch 22 situation my friend. And since this is a personal decision for you to make, I can no longer make straightforward recommendations. But do consider the following in your decision.

1. Why are you leaving your children?

2. Are you the father or mother of your children? (I'm presuming that the CO will lean more on mothers being together with their children. Correct me if I'm wrong in this presumption.)

3. Who will take care of the children when you leave? An ex-spouse? Other relatives?

I'm just listing these for you to consider as these may have serious implications regarding the outcome of your application to the US. Again my friend, it's only you who can answer these questions.

Hey Gordon

I'm not sure what to say but wanted to let you know USE London has stuffed up my pack 3 as well. I didn't even know about the DS-230, info wasn't included.

My educated guess (read assumption) is someone has stuffed the envelop incorrectly. Check over the copy of you oringinal app and make sure there was no indicators about your additional kids. (lol)

If no issue on your side, fill in details and add cover sheet re-confirming you have no kids who need to be included.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.