maritoni

The best of any man..'Is what is found in his heart

6 posts in this topic

>>Shoes in Church

>> I showered and shaved............. I adjusted my tie.

>>

>> I got there and sat.............. In a pew just in

>> time.

>>

>> Bowing my head in prayer......... As I closed my eyes.

>>

>>

>> I saw the shoe of the man next to me..... Touching my

>> own. I sighed.

>>

>> With plenty of room on either side...... I thought,

>> 'Why must our soles touch?'

>>

>> It bothered me, his shoe touching mine... But it

>> didn't bother him much.

>>

>> A prayer began: 'Our Father'............. I thought,

>> 'This man with the shoes.. has no pride.

>>

>> They're dusty, worn, and scratched. Even worse, there

>> are holes on the side!'

>>

>> 'Thank You for blessings,' the prayer went on.

>>

>> The shoe man said............... a quiet 'Amen.'

>>

>> I tried to focus on the prayer....... But my thoughts

>> were on his shoes again.

>>

>> Aren't we supposed to look our best.. When walking

>> through that door?

>>

>> 'Well, this certainly isn't it,' I thought, Glancing

>> toward the floor.

>>

>> Then the prayer was ended............ And the songs of

>> praise began.

>>

>> The shoe man was certainly loud...... Sounding proud

>> as he sang.

>>

>> His voice lifted the rafters......... His hands were

>> raised high.

>>

>> The Lord could surely hear.. The shoe man's voice from

>> the sky.

>>

>> It was time for the offering....... And what I threw

>> in was steep.

>>

>> I watched as the shoe man reached.... Into his pockets

>> so deep.

>>

>> I saw what was pulled out.......... What the shoe man

>> put in.

>>

>> Then I heard a soft 'clink' as when silver hits tin.

>>

>> The sermon really bored me.......... To tears, and

>> that's no lie.

>>

>> It was the same for the shoe man... For tears fell

>> from his eyes.

>>

>> At the end of the service...... As is the custom here.

>>

>>

>> We must greet new visitors.. And show them all good

>> cheer.

>>

>> But I felt moved somehow............. And wanted to

>> meet the shoe man.

>>

>> So after the closing prayer........ I reached over and

>> shook his hand.

>>

>> He was old and his skin was dark..... And his hair was

>> truly a mess.

>>

>> But I thanked him for coming.......... For being our

>> guest.

>>

>> He said, 'My names' Charlie.......... I'm glad to meet

>> you, my friend.'

>>

>> There were tears in his eyes....... But he had a

>> large, wide grin.

>>

>> 'Let me explain,' he said......... Wiping tears from

>> his eyes.

>>

>> 'I've been coming here for months.... And you're the

>> first to say 'Hi.''

>>

>> 'I know that my appearance.........'Is not like all

>> the rest.

>>

>> 'But I really do try.................'To always look

>> my best.'

>>

>> 'I always clean and polish my shoes..'Before my very

>> long walk.

>>

>> 'But by the time I get here.........'They're dirty and

>> dusty, like chalk.'

>>

>> My heart filled with pain............ and I swallowed

>> to hide my tears.

>>

>> As he continued to apologize......... For daring to

>> sit so near.

>>

>> He said, 'When I get here...........'I know I must

>> look a sight.

>>

>> 'But I thought if I could touch you..'Then maybe our

>> souls might unite.'

>>

>> I was silent for a moment............ Knowing whatever

>> was said

>>

>> Would pale in comparison... I spoke from my heart, not

>> my head.

>>

>> 'Oh, you've touched me,' I said......'And taught me,

>> in part;

>>

>> 'That the best of any man............'Is what is found

>> in his heart.'

>>

>> The rest, I thought,............... This shoe man will

>> never know.

>>

>> Like just how thankful I really am... That his dirty

>> old shoe touched my soul

>>

>> You are special to me and you have made a difference

>> in my life.

>>

>> I respect you, and truly cherish you.

>>

>> Let your friends read this

>>

>> No matter how often you talk,

>>

>> Or how close you are.

>>

>> Let old friends know you haven't forgotten them, and

>> tell new friends you never will.

>>

>> Remember, everyone needs a friend.

>>

>> Someday you might feel like you have no friends at

>> all.

>> Just remember this message and take comfort in knowing

>> that someone out there cares about you..... and always

>> will.

3561055465_7e32541543_m.jpg3561659436_e8b5cc66fc_m.jpg

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

To work the love into practical things so nothing can divide us

Grant us a Love that grows stronger with each passing year.

We ask for words both kind and loving

and for hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive.

Guide us to overcome every challenge

and keep our dreams pure to each other always.

Dear Lord,we put our marriage into Your hands.Amen

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

aww, very touching. Thanks for sharing.

I'll share a story too..

When I was still working in Call Center, I was in Ayala Makati that time waiting for Taxi. I noticed an old man (prolly in his 70's)who were waiting for taxi too but no taxi would stop to him since he is kinda nasty to look at. Ayala, Makati is the heart of business here in Philippines, its like, only corporate people/professionals are the ones walking in this area.

With his withered pants and dirty polo everyone would really think that he doesn't have a single penny in his wallet.As to my curiosity, I walked towards him and asked, "uhm, Lolo,(filipino term for an way old man), Where are you going? I might as well get you a taxi,I said. He answered, I am going to Marikina, to my daughter, do you have any idea how much would it cost me to go there? he asked me. I answered him, Lolo it depends on the taxi meter, of I might as well just get an agreed amount from the taxi driver and we can pay him before you get in. and the old man said, that would be better. So what I did was I called a taxi and when I was able to get one, I negotiated to the taxi driver how much would it cost the old man to get to his desired place, he said 300 would do. I told the old man that it's 300, to my surprise he gave me his wallet and asked me to get the money from his wallet cos he has his crane.I was kinda hesitant to do it since I don't even know this man,I just did so that this old man would just go. To my surprise, I saw big peso bills and some dollars,and I believe that I saw a a green card/permanent resident card from USA... :blink: I was kinda asking myself why an old man who is a permanent resident of USA would actually wearing something like that. He was actually giving me $100 but I refused it so fast.

Lessons I learnt from that was never judge someone based from their looks and helping other people willingly will always be credited in the eyes of God. And I felt so good helping that old man. :star:

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

I'll share a story too..

When I was still working in Call Center, I was in Ayala Makati that time waiting for Taxi. I noticed an old man (prolly in his 70's)who were waiting for taxi too but no taxi would stop to him since he is kinda nasty to look at. Ayala, Makati is the heart of business here in Philippines, its like, only corporate people/professionals are the ones walking in this area.

With his withered pants and dirty polo everyone would really think that he doesn't have a single penny in his wallet.As to my curiosity, I walked towards him and asked, "uhm, Lolo,(filipino term for an way old man), Where are you going? I might as well get you a taxi,I said. He answered, I am going to Marikina, to my daughter, do you have any idea how much would it cost me to go there? he asked me. I answered him, Lolo it depends on the taxi meter, of I might as well just get an agreed amount from the taxi driver and we can pay him before you get in. and the old man said, that would be better. So what I did was I called a taxi and when I was able to get one, I negotiated to the taxi driver how much would it cost the old man to get to his desired place, he said 300 would do. I told the old man that it's 300, to my surprise he gave me his wallet and asked me to get the money from his wallet cos he has his crane.I was kinda hesitant to do it since I don't even know this man,I just did so that this old man would just go. To my surprise, I saw big peso bills and some dollars,and I believe that I saw a a green card/permanent resident card from USA... :blink: I was kinda asking myself why an old man who is a permanent resident of USA would actually wearing something like that. He was actually giving me $100 but I refused it so fast.

Lessons I learnt from that was never judge someone based from their looks and helping other people willingly will always be credited in the eyes of God. And I felt so good helping that old man.

:star:

wow..that was so nice of you..i'm sure you not only made that man happy but HIM too who's constantly looking down at us everyday of our lives..

I'll share a story too..

Lessons I learnt from that was never judge someone based from their looks and helping other people willingly will always be credited in the eyes of God. And I felt so good helping that old man.

wow..that was so nice of you..i'm sure you not only made that man happy but HIM too who's constantly looking down at us everyday of our lives..

Aw, thank you Mj... I am kidding myself, telling God that, Hey God, I already have 1 pogi point to you, I'm praying that you will also fix a trip for me through my visa journey. :thumbs::P

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'll share a story too..

Aw, thank you Mj... I am kidding myself, telling God that, Hey God, I already have 1 pogi point to you, I'm praying that you will also fix a trip for me through my visa journey. :thumbs::P

This stories of you guys are very touching!!!I have tears!!hohohoho

But for 'my_panacea I am proud of you girl! Good Luck! God Bless you & Your family.

<a href="http://www.weddingcountdown.com" target="_blank">

1erbva.png

</a>

am glad you guys enjoyed it,i have thought of sharing it In Vj...this story really is happenning in our daily life.it might happen to you,me or anyone of us.....But again we all are the same in God's sight.....To My panacea salamat sa pag share mo ng karanasan mo with the lolo....

3561055465_7e32541543_m.jpg3561659436_e8b5cc66fc_m.jpg

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

To work the love into practical things so nothing can divide us

Grant us a Love that grows stronger with each passing year.

We ask for words both kind and loving

and for hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive.

Guide us to overcome every challenge

and keep our dreams pure to each other always.

Dear Lord,we put our marriage into Your hands.Amen

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.