Doug615

Thank You VJ Members

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Hi All,

I just wanted to say that I am so glad for this website. I became a member here when my fiancée and I were beginning our process and since everything looked so complicated, I hired one of those online immigration agencies to help us out with forms and everything. After I did that, I figured I didn’t need to read about anything else about the process.

Was I ever wrong . . .

After getting impatient in the past two weeks, I remembered this site and came back on it to see how long everything was supposed to take. I found out that we were expected to hear something anytime. Then as I was doing a little more reading, I found out that you could check the status of your case at anytime online using a receipt number from the back of the check. The agency that I hired didn’t tell us that at all. I then contacted my bank and got a copy of the check I sent in, got the case number and found out that our case was approved (I’m guessing that’s what a NOA2 is?) two weeks ago!!! I don’t know what I would have done if I didn’t know about the receipt number.

Then I got to thinking why didn’t I get a message in the mail if it was two weeks ago? Then I remembered that I moved in early June and told the agency to notify the USCIS office about my address change. I’m thinking now that they didn’t do that either and I got the notice at my old address (which I didn’t give a forwarding address to since I just got junk mail there).

Long story short, I just want to thank everyone for giving so much advice with this process. You all have been so much more helpful than the people that I paid hundreds of dollars to. I now have to call up the USCIS and NVC tomorrow to see what’s going on with my address and everything.

Thanks Again,

Doug

Congratulations on your approval!! Your experience is further evidence that NO ONE should leave their cases in anyone else's hands without doing some of their own research along the way.

Good luck with the rest of your journey!!

Jen

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats.

I'm always thankful this site is here too. Pay it forward!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.