khattak

who signs the form I-751

9 posts in this topic

My wife came on K-3 visa and she is ready to apply for removing the conditions on her GC. I am us citizen.Where do i need to sign the Form?

it says signature and then signature of the spouse!

I am lost!

should i sign in the signature part and my wife in the signature of the spouse or VICE VERSA

Edited by khattak

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
My wife came on K-3 visa and she is ready to apply for removing the conditions on her GC. I am us citizen.Where do i need to sign the Form?

I am lost!

should i sign in the signature part and my wife in the signature of the spouse or VICE VERSA

Ask yourself this: is it your conditions that you are applying to remove? if so then it would be you that would sign and your wife would sign as spouse. If it is your wife that is applying to remover her conditions then it would be her that would sign and you as spouse.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

The only time the US citizen is "petitioner" is when filing form I-130 and/or I-129F, in the case of I-485, and I-751, it is the foreign citizen who is now petitioner. US citizen signs I-751 as spouse because I-751 is jointly filed.

Time to update profile and timeline.

You are no longer K-3, you are AOS Approved, or perhaps removal of conditions. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...rCP&CODE=01

:time:http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=23898

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Khattak,

In answer to your questions/concerns, here is the simple answer (and yes, I'm looking at the I-751 form right now):

Under Part 6, Signature:

"Signature", "Print Name", "Date"= Your immigrant wife signs, writes, and dates there

"Signature of Spouse", "Print Name", "Date"= You, the USC husband signs, writes, and dates there

-You both sign the application form, as the I-751 is a "joint" application...

As for who signs the cheque/check or money order, it doesn't matter, as long as the USCIS gets the correct application fee (by the way, it's $545), they are satisfied.

Note that when you get the NOA and the biometrics letter for the I-751, it will say that your wife is the petitoner, as the removal of conditions is for her conditional green card.

Hope this helps. Good luck on your immigration journey.

Ant (Still waiting at the VSC...)

P.S. :time:, as that helps too. Thanks.

P.P.S. By the way, since you're also at the VSC for the I-751, you can add your name and information to the following message thread list: "VSC I-751 Status List" (look for the last updated list on the last page), so you can see your own progress and help all VJers on this same long wait too. Thank you.:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=110056

P.P.P.S What a co-incidence, that your local office is at Buffalo, NY too, which is the same as mine!

I am lost!

The reason i got confused that my wife who has GC is the beneficiary and I ( US Citizen) am the petitioner!

So i though that I will sign as a petitioner and my wife as spouse?

I don't know why i get confused when it comes to immigration!

Edited by AntandD

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

• 1 year later...

I have a situation regarding my spouse.

Her 2 year conditional GreenCard expires in November.

I discovered through private emails she sent to friends, she's planning to divorce me right after she gets her 2 year condition lifted at the end of the year and receives her 10 year permanent green card.

I'm planning not to submit and sign form I-751 which is required to be filed within 90 days of the expiration of the conditional green card.

Is there anything else I can do regarding this issue to prevent her from getting the permanent 10 year card?

Thanks,

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I have a situation regarding my spouse.

Her 2 year conditional GreenCard expires in November.

I discovered through private emails she sent to friends, she's planning to divorce me right after she gets her 2 year condition lifted at the end of the year and receives her 10 year permanent green card.

I'm planning not to submit and sign form I-751 which is required to be filed within 90 days of the expiration of the conditional green card.

Is there anything else I can do regarding this issue to prevent her from getting the permanent 10 year card?

Thanks,

If you think she got into the marriage solely for immigration benefits, you can print the email evidence and write to uscis saying she did not enter the marriage in good faith and let them decide what to do with her. The other option will be to just not take part in the I-751 filing and let her figure out how to dupe the system alone. Since you have evidence that she is a fraud, do not take part in any of her activities since you could get in trouble as well. If you give uscis the heads up, you atleast clear yourself of any wrong doing going forward.

If you think she got into the marriage solely for immigration benefits, you can print the email evidence and write to uscis saying she did not enter the marriage in good faith and let them decide what to do with her. The other option will be to just not take part in the I-751 filing and let her figure out how to dupe the system alone. Since you have evidence that she is a fraud, do not take part in any of her activities since you could get in trouble as well. If you give uscis the heads up, you atleast clear yourself of any wrong doing going forward.

Even if her intentions were not fraudulent from the beginning, her intentions have changed and has kept the marriage just for the purpose of getting the permanent card and then divorcing. I would consider that fraud.

She has become abusive and defensive, even told me she was not considered married to me anymore. I tried my best to make this work but it is only a one sided relationship now.

She doesn't know I found the email and will keep it secret until I proceed legally and protect myself.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.