BH45

On Our Way......

22 posts in this topic

What are the RFE's for?

No clue, yet. The site just said they had mailed a RFE on the 16th.

Hope they come soon hon :)

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

RFE arrived today. When I sent in the I-864, Affidavit of Support, I sent them copies of Larry's tax returns (1040) for the last 3 years. The RFE wants the supporting documents for the most recent tax year - W-2's, 1099's etc.

So that's all I need to send back to them are copies of Larry's W-2 for 2007???? It will be in the mail tomorrow as I need to wait for Larry to come home to find it.

I didn't know that this RFE also holds up the EAD. "The Service will process your I-765, Application for Employment Authorization (if submitted) within 90 days of the receipt of your missing initial evidence. This is pursuant to Title 8, Code of Federal Regulations, Section 103.2(B)(10)(ii)."

*big sigh*....Another 3 months of waiting to go to work. Maybe my EAD will be a birthday present for me the way it's going. :lol:

April 13, 2009 - Welcome to the USA letter rec'd. PRC to be rec'd within 3 weeks.

April 16, 2009 - 2 yr GC rec'd in mail.

March 2, 2011 - Mailed in I-751 to CSC

March 4, 2011 - I-751 delivered to CSC

March 4, 2011 - NOA issued

March 12, 2011 - NOA received

April 14, 2011 - BIO Appt 5/6/11

May 6, 2011 - BIO done in 10 minutes...no re-takes this time :)

June 27, 2011 - Email rec'd "Status - Approved"

July 1, 2011 - 10 yr GC arrived

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah it holds up everything. Not a big deal though. You will be surprised how fast they go back to processing your application. They did in my case, any ways.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
RFE arrived today. When I sent in the I-864, Affidavit of Support, I sent them copies of Larry's tax returns (1040) for the last 3 years. The RFE wants the supporting documents for the most recent tax year - W-2's, 1099's etc.

So that's all I need to send back to them are copies of Larry's W-2 for 2007???? It will be in the mail tomorrow as I need to wait for Larry to come home to find it.

I didn't know that this RFE also holds up the EAD. "The Service will process your I-765, Application for Employment Authorization (if submitted) within 90 days of the receipt of your missing initial evidence. This is pursuant to Title 8, Code of Federal Regulations, Section 103.2(B)(10)(ii)."

*big sigh*....Another 3 months of waiting to go to work. Maybe my EAD will be a birthday present for me the way it's going. :lol:

I'm sorry to hear about that.. but I'm sure that it will be a quick process once they recieve the required information. Hopefully it will be a really early birthday present for you!!

Reading your RFE makes me wonder something... those tax returns that you sent them.. was it copies from when he did his taxes or tax transcripts from the IRS?? See, I have my husbands tax transcripts from the IRS and read somewhere that if you send those, that his W-2's aren't necessary. Anyone know if that is true??

Larry has his taxes prepared by a company. So I submitted what he received from them. No biggie. He only has a W-2 to submit and I'm sending it off today.

Should I re-submit his 1040 along with it?

April 13, 2009 - Welcome to the USA letter rec'd. PRC to be rec'd within 3 weeks.

Checked the website today and found this:

"Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed.

On October 29, 2008, we received your response to our request for evidence. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case is at our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location."

I had my bio yesterday. Interesting that they indicate I should receive a written decision or written update (which is probably what most get) in 60 days.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.