Naina

U.S Citizen / Pakistani Fiance

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I am a U.S citizen and planning on visiting my fiance again who's in Pakistan in next few months. I would like to come back with him to states and get married here. Is this possible ? To my knowledge so far , I've been told that I have to file I-129F form for him and then K-1 Visa as fiance, but do I need to be in U.S to do this ? Or can I file this petition for him from Pakistan while am there ?

Few other questions - Am I on the right track by filing for him as fiance since I want him in U.S as soon as possible ? or should we get married while am there and then file for him as my husband ?

- Filing for a Pakistani Fiance or a spouse - How long does the whole process take for them ? Estimation ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Yes, you will need a K-1 to enter the USA , then Marry and adjust status.

Yes you can file the I-129F while over there, you just send it to the center having jurisdiction over your US Domicile/Residence.

There is a reason for VJ timelines: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list...an&dfile=No

Compare timelines, K-1 tends to be quickest, unless you are resident in foreign country for 6 months or longer at time of filing, then filing for a spousal visa through the consulate may be quicker.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

So you're saying filing for him as a fiance would be quicker (how quick ? 2 months ? ) but if I decide to stay in Pakistan for 6 months or so ..would getting married there be a quicker process to get my husband fly back with me to the U.S ? and can i file for him as my spouse from pakistan also or do I need to be in U.S to do this ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Honestly, it's 6 of one, half dozen of another. Perhaps some people with Pakistani Sos can tell you more, but from what I've seen, there is no such thing as a quick visa with a Pakistani SO. There is a lot of administrative processing/review that can drag on for months and months.

Unfortunately, I don't think your fiance/husband will be able to fly back with you, unless you pursue DCF. Again, I don't know the specifics re: Pakistan, so I'm not sure on the residency requirements that you'd need to file that.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I am a U.S citizen and planning on visiting my fiance again who's in Pakistan in next few months. I would like to come back with him to states and get married here. Is this possible ? To my knowledge so far , I've been told that I have to file I-129F form for him and then K-1 Visa as fiance, but do I need to be in U.S to do this ? Or can I file this petition for him from Pakistan while am there ?

Few other questions - Am I on the right track by filing for him as fiance since I want him in U.S as soon as possible ? or should we get married while am there and then file for him as my husband ?

- Filing for a Pakistani Fiance or a spouse - How long does the whole process take for them ? Estimation ?

Yes you would have to be in States to file petion for fiance visa on his behalf. a good tip! try to file ur case at vermost service center as they process petitions faster than any other centers in US

AOS Transferred to CSC.......................August 4th 2009

AP/EAD Approval Notice appeared....August 21st 2009

AP/EAD received in mails.................... 08/27/09, 08/31/09

AOS at CSC.............................................Pending

So you're saying filing for him as a fiance would be quicker (how quick ? 2 months ? ) but if I decide to stay in Pakistan for 6 months or so ..would getting married there be a quicker process to get my husband fly back with me to the U.S ? and can i file for him as my spouse from pakistan also or do I need to be in U.S to do this ?

It would be quicker filing for him as a fiance, but I cannot tell you exact in months, but you can look at the time lines of people filing for Pakistani fiance/fiancee here on VJ. If you get married, the process will surely take longer than the K-1 route. If you are going to file for him while in Pakistan, you need to be a resident of Pakistan for 6 months or more to do DCF. As far as time process, it would be quicker to file K-1 with you here and him in Pakistan, but let me advise you also that although your petition for fiance (I-129F) may be approved here in the US quickly (within 6 months of filing), there is a very high chance that your fiance will have to undergo Administrative Processing after his interview in Islamabad, Pakistan, as unfortunately, Pakistan is one of the high-fraud countries on the list. Please browse through the regional forums (South Asia) as well and post your questions for more specific answers.

Best of luck!

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

You were given a link to timelines. From Pakistan, think in terms of a year or more for any fiance or spouse visa. There will almost certainly be a period of additiona administrative processing and security checks after the visa interview that can take from several weeks to several months. Filing to interview will be a minimum of six months but plan on nine. Yes, you can file from Pakistan with a US return address. You cannot choose your service center. The petition will be processed at the service center responsible for your State of residence.

This is a complicated multi-step process. Start by studying the guides here. Just click on the word guides at the top of any page. Forget about shortcuts. There aren't any.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Timeline

Pushbrk is right. The first thing you want to do (if you want to successfully complete this process) is read the guides and start thinking in terms of 6-9 months till interview after you file and then a few weeks to a few months for additional checks or reviews. So a year from when you file to the time your SO will be with you is probably the quickest, whether its a fiance visa or a spouse visa. Also DCF (Direct Consular Filing) might be quicker once you file but remember you will need to stay there for atleast 6 months or so before you can file and the checks and reviews can still apply after the interview.

The best thing to do is - Read the guides and prepare yourselves for the waiting game.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.