belinda63

He finally made it

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

After years of waiting my fiance is here. He had a nightmare time going through immigration at O'hara and was almost, almost sent back.

The office went through all his paperwork looking for anything he could use to deny him entry. He questioned him as to why he had several types of money, iranian, american, and swedish. He actually read the chat logs that were in the brown envelope looking for some reason to deny him entry.

Poor Ali, whose spoken english is weak was a nervous wreck. He was kept for more than 4 hours and missed his connection to Louisville. But finally they sent him through and I picked him up this morning.

Now the only question is did they allow his baggage through or did they deport it to Iran? It is still missing in action somewhere between O'Hara and nowhere land

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

america.jpg

I hope things run more smoothly for him now that he's here!

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Poor guy!! I pray that the rest of his life here proves a little more easier than his grand entrance. I wished I could help you about his bags. I would call the airlines that he traveled from and was to travel to if the bags were transferred.

:dance::dance::dance: I am so happy that he is with you now where he belongs and so very sorry that he had such a rough time and pray that they find his luggage!

Jul 20, 2006 Arrived in Amman, Jordan

Jul 24, 2006 Married in Amman, Jordan

Oct 11, 2006 I130 Approval Oct. 26, 2006 I129F Approval

Nov. 8, 2006 Recieved letter that I-129 was sent to Amman, Jordan

Dec 13, 2006 Recieved Package from Amman Embassy for K3 Intreview date Aug. 15,2007

Mar 05,2007 Embassy called interview scheduled for March 19th

Mar 19, 2007 Interview for K3- AP

May 20, 2007 Embassy called for Hasan to send in his passport!!!

May 24, 2007 Recieved Interview date of June 5th for CR1?

June 05, 2007 Interviewed and she said he was approved, kept passport and said will recieve in 4 days.

June 12, 2007 VISA IN HAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 21, 2007 Hasan arrived in the USA and so very happy!

June 26, 2007 Applied for SSN

July 06, 2007 SSN in hand

July 25, 2007 Green Card in Hand!

Aug 13, 2007 Behind the wheel test, Passed. Now has California DL

I-751

Mar 26, 2009 Sent in I-751

Mar 28, 2009 Proof received

April 1, 2009 check cashed

April 3, 2009 NOA Received

April 16,2009 received bio appt letter

April 24, 2009 Biometrics Appointment

June 6, 2009 Removal of Conditions Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 17, 2009 10 Year Green Card in hand!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I'm so sorry he had a hard time with immigration! So glad he made it through .Tell him we said Welcome to the U.S.A ! Have a wonderful life together!

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thank goodness he made it through the nightmare and is now safe with you. Congratulations! :dance:

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Sorry for the hassle, glad its over :thumbs:

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline
After years of waiting my fiance is here. He had a nightmare time going through immigration at O'hara and was almost, almost sent back.

The office went through all his paperwork looking for anything he could use to deny him entry. He questioned him as to why he had several types of money, iranian, american, and swedish. He actually read the chat logs that were in the brown envelope looking for some reason to deny him entry.

Poor Ali, whose spoken english is weak was a nervous wreck. He was kept for more than 4 hours and missed his connection to Louisville. But finally they sent him through and I picked him up this morning.

Now the only question is did they allow his baggage through or did they deport it to Iran? It is still missing in action somewhere between O'Hara and nowhere land

My SO arrives at JFK Monday... he is afraid of being hassled when he arrives... I'm SURELY not telling him about your fiance's story... He'd have a heart attack...

What on earth did they think they could do? Reading chat logs??? What on earth for??? Is this typical? I didn't know that the POE was another "interview". I can imagine them sending someone back if they were carrying something on them that was horrible... (drugs, etc.) but reading chat logs that came from the Embassy???? I just don't get it...

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks,

K (sitting on pins and needles waiting for Monday)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I have just decided when my husband gets his visa I am going to India so we can go through customs together...too many stories of difficult POE experiences.

06/11/2007 Married

07/23/2007 Sent I-130 (priority date)

08/02/2007 NOA-1

12/21/2007 Approval (checked online)Merry Christmas

12/26/2007 NAO-2 postmarked

NVC

01/07/2008 NVC received case number assigned

01/28/2008 NVC generates and mails DS-3032 and AOS bill

01/29/2008 (DS-3032 request emailed by husband and fee paid using James shortcuts)

02/01/2008 AOS fee bill received by NVC

02/05/2008 I-864 packet generated (called NVC for this information)

02/09/2008 mailed I-864 packet priority mail

02/11/2008 IV Fee bill generated and paid IV bill using experimental shortcut

02/19/2008 recieved IV fee bill

03/24/2008 DS-230 generated (NVC operator informed me)

04/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE/ interview date JUNE 6th

06/06/2008 AP

12/15/2008 case returned for further review

10/01/2009 USCIS REAFFIRMS APPROVAL CASE SENT TO DOS

11/09/2009 CASE BACK IN CHENNAI

12/10/2009 2ND INTERVIEW rescheduled twice, now Feb. 12th 2010

02/19/2010 Passport with IR-1 visa recieved

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
My SO arrives at JFK Monday... he is afraid of being hassled when he arrives... I'm SURELY not telling him about your fiance's story... He'd have a heart attack...

What on earth did they think they could do? Reading chat logs??? What on earth for??? Is this typical? I didn't know that the POE was another "interview". I can imagine them sending someone back if they were carrying something on them that was horrible... (drugs, etc.) but reading chat logs that came from the Embassy???? I just don't get it...

Thanks,

When my husband and I arrived back in the US last month from being abroad they went through EVERYTHING in our luggage. I had paperwork from some classes I took abroad this summer and the officer was looking at each paper, piece by piece, reading/scanning it all. It was annoying but at least we finally got through!

I have just decided when my husband gets his visa I am going to India so we can go through customs together...too many stories of difficult POE experiences.

You can go through the main area where they stamp the passport, but it might be likely they will make you go sit and wait while your husband goes in an immigration room where he'd be apart from you. That is what happened to my husband and I when we arrived last month. I waited for him for over and hour while they questioned him. But hey, if you have the time/money to go, why not! :)

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thanks,

When my husband and I arrived back in the US last month from being abroad they went through EVERYTHING in our luggage. I had paperwork from some classes I took abroad this summer and the officer was looking at each paper, piece by piece, reading/scanning it all. It was annoying but at least we finally got through!

I can understand Customs going through everything... and I'm totally used to harassment (flying in hijab with a middle eastern last name)... but I don't understand why USCIS would be acting nasty once they are already at the POE ... Wasn't the interview, AP, and all the background checking they did enough???? Good Grief!

I guess all I can do for now is pray for them to be merciful to my dear one.. Yarab!

K

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.