Barry and Jackie

Bad news at the interview

29 posts in this topic

Well I went for the interview yesterday and eveything seemed to be going okay, I handed in my passport, the police check, the photo's and signed all the forms. I was given the x-ray back from the medical and told I would need to take it with me when I entered the U.S.

However, then the problems started to happen during the interview process! Unfortunately Jackie lost her job a few weeks back due to cutbacks in the place where she worked, where she had been earning well over the threshold. She has been looking for work and still continues to go to university at night, where she is getting qualified to become a teacher (She does not have long to go). The lady interviewing me asked what my fiancee did for a living and I explained the situation, she then said well you have a problem. She went onto explain the problem we had was that although her father is the co-sponsor, he is retired (jackies mom still works) and forgot to include evidence, she said I will have to get this sorted and passed me a blue slip stating what was needed and the number to contact for the courier to pick it up along with my passport. The blue slip just states that we need to provide evidence of a $29,000 annual income and then the visa will be issued. My question is, is this true, has the visa been excepted in principal and we just need this evidence or is it still hanging in the balance? By the way both me and my Fiancee have always worked and are certainly not lazy good for nothings who sit on our arses all-day.

Also she did not seem interested in the fact that my fiancee's father has savings which were shown on bank statements and the fact that he owns his own house with no debts to his name. I was also disheartened by the fact that I was not asked to show one piece of evidence regarding our relationship! No photos were asked for, no phonecall records, e-mails, cards, or plane tickets, absolutely nothing! All I was asked was how we met, how many times I have gone over there and the bit about Jackies job. Is this the norm? All they seemed interested in was the official documentation, it began to make me think that the evidence stuff is just added to make the overall process a bit more glossy!

Any way, I will go ahead get the further evidence they require and see what happens from there. Hopefully this will all be sorted out and we will be together soon, I hope! Does anybody have any idea of how long it takes to receive the visa once the couriers have come to get the evidence along with my passport? We are also thinking about asking other family members to become co-sponsors, they have offered and understand fully what it entails.

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Albuquerque NM

Date Filed : 2009-01-11

NOA Date : 2009-02-03

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2009-02-26 for I485 & I765

AOS Transfer** : 2009-02-12

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved : 2009-04-27 (Never received approval notification)

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received:2009-04-27

Employment Authorisation

Filing Method : Mail

Filing Instance : First

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2009-02-26

Approved Date :2009-04-08

Lifting Conditions

Event Date

CIS Office :Vermont Service Center

Date Filed :2011-02-05

NOA Date :

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :2001-03-25

Interview Date : N/A

Approval / Denial Date :2011-07-28

Approved :Yes

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Well I went for the interview yesterday and eveything seemed to be going okay, I handed in my passport, the police check, the photo's and signed all the forms. I was given the x-ray back from the medical and told I would need to take it with me when I entered the U.S.

However, then the problems started to happen during the interview process! Unfortunately Jackie lost her job a few weeks back due to cutbacks in the place where she worked, where she had been earning well over the threshold. She has been looking for work and still continues to go to university at night, where she is getting qualified to become a teacher (She does not have long to go). The lady interviewing me asked what my fiancee did for a living and I explained the situation, she then said well you have a problem. She went onto explain the problem we had was that although her father is the co-sponsor, he is retired (jackies mom still works) and forgot to include evidence, she said I will have to get this sorted and passed me a blue slip stating what was needed and the number to contact for the courier to pick it up along with my passport. The blue slip just states that we need to provide evidence of a $29,000 annual income and then the visa will be issued. My question is, is this true, has the visa been excepted in principal and we just need this evidence or is it still hanging in the balance? By the way both me and my Fiancee have always worked and are certainly not lazy good for nothings who sit on our arses all-day.

Also she did not seem interested in the fact that my fiancee's father has savings which were shown on bank statements and the fact that he owns his own house with no debts to his name. I was also disheartened by the fact that I was not asked to show one piece of evidence regarding our relationship! No photos were asked for, no phonecall records, e-mails, cards, or plane tickets, absolutely nothing! All I was asked was how we met, how many times I have gone over there and the bit about Jackies job. Is this the norm? All they seemed interested in was the official documentation, it began to make me think that the evidence stuff is just added to make the overall process a bit more glossy!

Any way, I will go ahead get the further evidence they require and see what happens from there. Hopefully this will all be sorted out and we will be together soon, I hope! Does anybody have any idea of how long it takes to receive the visa once the couriers have come to get the evidence along with my passport? We are also thinking about asking other family members to become co-sponsors, they have offered and understand fully what it entails.

wow i really dont know for sure but it sort of sounds like all u need to show is the financial part has been met .............

Mate,

Your ok, just get the forms done and information back to the courier SMS ring them up to pick the stuff up (we know from experience) and then its anywhere from about three to five days - make sure everything is there and signed - we sent in two copies of everything and one was notarized was not taking chances on this. But since you already have the aff of support from co sponsor ya just need to back up the income shown for co sponsor

You will be fine, just make sure that the income shown for co sponsor is documented such as tax transcripts W-2's etc.

If that is all that was on the back of the sheet you should be fine. Our turn around time was 2 days for Visa to be back to courier from date of delivery of docs to embassy.

GOD SPEED

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

Mate,

Your ok, just get the forms done and information back to the courier SMS ring them up to pick the stuff up (we know from experience) and then its anywhere from about three to five days - make sure everything is there and signed - we sent in two copies of everything and one was notarized was not taking chances on this. But since you already have the aff of support from co sponsor ya just need to back up the income shown for co sponsor

You will be fine, just make sure that the income shown for co sponsor is documented such as tax transcripts W-2's etc.

If that is all that was on the back of the sheet you should be fine. Our turn around time was 2 days for Visa to be back to courier from date of delivery of docs to embassy.

GOD SPEED

Cheers for that! You need to hear it from other people sometimes. I have to admit though I am confused by the evidence bit though, I spent all this time copying eveything and for what!

Adjustment of Status

RFE(s) :

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Got I551 Stamp :

Employment Authorisation

RFE(s) :

Lifting Conditions

Event Date

NOA Date :

RFE(s) :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Cheers,

Yeah but ya never know what they want and only by posting here did i find out what sorta timeline we were looking at basically - just super group to help you thru and bumps!

Now get those docs lol and you will be fine!

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

Cheers,

Yeah but ya never know what they want and only by posting here did i find out what sorta timeline we were looking at basically - just super group to help you thru and bumps!

Now get those docs lol and you will be fine!

Dont get me wrong this place is brilliant and has answered many of the questions we have had, without it we would have to have done a lot more searching so:

THANKYOU VISA JOURNEY!!!!!! :dance:

Adjustment of Status

RFE(s) :

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Got I551 Stamp :

Employment Authorisation

RFE(s) :

Lifting Conditions

Event Date

NOA Date :

RFE(s) :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It seems very rare at the London embassy that those being interviewed are asked for evidence of relationship...they basically focus on the financial info.

Don't fret...you weren't denied. You just need to send in the proper info. It seems that your case has been approved pending that info (seeing that they asked you to send your passport via courier as well).

wtf-picard.jpg

[Cheers for that! You need to hear it from other people sometimes. I have to admit though I am confused by the evidence bit though, I spent all this time copying eveything and for what!

The VJ info about ongoing relationship evidence is generic for every country. Some require lots. London doesn't seem to ask. If you had read the reviews of people's interview experiences (link in blue menu bar above) you would have read multiple people mention they did not show any relationship evidence.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It seems that you are approved barring the financial support information. Think of it like an RFE - you supply the evidence requested, they continue processing and, if the info supplied is what they require, they will request your passport and send you the visa.

Good luck!

[Cheers for that! You need to hear it from other people sometimes. I have to admit though I am confused by the evidence bit though, I spent all this time copying eveything and for what!

The VJ info about ongoing relationship evidence is generic for every country. Some require lots. London doesn't seem to ask. If you had read the reviews of people's interview experiences (link in blue menu bar above) you would have read multiple people mention they did not show any relationship evidence.

Yes, I have read all the reviews people have given regarding their cases, but this is the problem! You simply can not go on other peoples experiences and say that "this is how it is going to be". This would be a dangerous attitude to take when going for the interview, simply because you never know what is going to happen. The interview process should be a fair process and in my opinion should be generic, where we all get asked for the same stuff and get asked the same kind of questions.

On another note regarding the evidence, we are all told to gather the information, photocopying or printing the stuff of we have from the past goodness knows how many years and yet we are also being told we should be kinder to the environment.

Adjustment of Status

RFE(s) :

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Got I551 Stamp :

Employment Authorisation

RFE(s) :

Lifting Conditions

Event Date

NOA Date :

RFE(s) :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Timeline
Yes, I have read all the reviews people have given regarding their cases, but this is the problem! You simply can not go on other peoples experiences and say that "this is how it is going to be". This would be a dangerous attitude to take when going for the interview, simply because you never know what is going to happen. The interview process should be a fair process and in my opinion should be generic, where we all get asked for the same stuff and get asked the same kind of questions.

Yes, but fraud levels are different for many countries - that's why some consulates are way tougher than others.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

On another note regarding the evidence, we are all told to gather the information, photocopying or printing the stuff of we have from the past goodness knows how many years and yet we are also being told we should be kinder to the environment.

thanks for you post, as we are in a similar situation, my OH was laid off in the last week and is now looking for work, which in Michigan is no mean feat. It also seems that his father who was going to sponsor me may have some issues with providing his w2's etc. however i'm glad that the threshold she said was only $29,000 because he makes way more than that. I think we will be able to persuade him to do it regardless. I'm sure you are approved, all you have to do it concentrate on moving all your stuff over there, settling in and preparing for that culture shock. i wish you all the best in your future happiness, keep us in mind as i have my medical at the end of the month.

xx

prima and jay

4650093_bodyshot_300x400_1285472169089.gif

Yes, but fraud levels are different for many countries - that's why some consulates are way tougher than others.

While I agree with you on that, the fact remains that a person should not be labelled as a potential fraudster based entirely upon the country they come from. It's like saying that the love a person has for another person differs based upon the country of their origin. Real love is real love.

Edited by Barry and Jackie

Adjustment of Status

RFE(s) :

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Got I551 Stamp :

Employment Authorisation

RFE(s) :

Lifting Conditions

Event Date

NOA Date :

RFE(s) :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

thanks for you post, as we are in a similar situation, my OH was laid off in the last week and is now looking for work, which in Michigan is no mean feat. It also seems that his father who was going to sponsor me may have some issues with providing his w2's etc. however i'm glad that the threshold she said was only $29,000 because he makes way more than that. I think we will be able to persuade him to do it regardless. I'm sure you are approved, all you have to do it concentrate on moving all your stuff over there, settling in and preparing for that culture shock. i wish you all the best in your future happiness, keep us in mind as i have my medical at the end of the month.

xx

prima and jay

I will keep you both in mind and I'm sure you will be with each other very soon.

Thanks

Adjustment of Status

RFE(s) :

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Got I551 Stamp :

Employment Authorisation

RFE(s) :

Lifting Conditions

Event Date

NOA Date :

RFE(s) :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Timeline

While I agree with you on that, the fact remains that a person should not be labelled as a potential fraudster based entirely upon the country they come from. It's like saying that the love a person has for another person is differs based upon the country of their origin. Real love is real love.

USCIS doesn't care if you're in love. ;)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.