Jaynelle

criminal record (i think)

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
Is a single DUI offense a possible cause of denial for K1?

Nope. Don't sweat. Nobody is a saint and everyone has a past. You pretty much have to have molested or abused a child or person OR have more than 3 felonies. Alot of people have felonies from the past and get approved. Hope this helps

Jonas

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Nope. Don't sweat. Nobody is a saint and everyone has a past. You pretty much have to have molested or abused a child or person OR have more than 3 felonies. Alot of people have felonies from the past and get approved. Hope this helps

Jonas

Yes, if you're the foreign fiance. No if you are the US Citizen.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Jonas

Yes, if you're the foreign fiance. No if you are the US Citizen.

Good point pushbrk ... I didn't even think about this, just assumed it was the American asking. :blush:

Jonas

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
both of us had been charged with DUI last year! (long story) OMG! so this is a problem for us..

Does it show on the police background check you submitted as part of the K1? If not then it shouldn't matter.

AOS

05/17/2008 AOS/EAD Sent

05/20/2008 Paper work recieved at Chicago office.

05/25/2008 Notice of receipt received

05/29/2008 Check cashed

08/21/2008 No action for 90 days, (including Biometrics) called USICS to start an inquiry, so much for reviewing cases as they are filed!

09/19/2008 Made info pass apointment....no touches since May 29th!!

09/25/2008 Recieved a letter to tell me my EAD was approved on Aug 28th however Phoenix Office is still too backlogged to take my biomertrics!

09/29/2008 Revieved letter for Biometrics appointment for Oct 8th

10/08/2008 Biometricts

10/09/2008 Touch on AOS

Timeline
both of us had been charged with DUI last year! (long story) OMG! so this is a problem for us..

Does it show on the police background check you submitted as part of the K1? If not then it shouldn't matter.

A single DUI conviction doesn't require answering yes to any of the IMBRA crime related questions. Even if it did, the US Citizen's record is not a problem beyond making certain the foreign fiance is informed.

The problem her is the foreign fiancee. The DUI will show up on her police report from her country, if it happened there or the background check by the FBI if it happened here. He'll want to ask about this in the waivers forum. It's a problem but I'm not sure how big a problem or how to deal with it successfully if at all.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

A single DUI conviction doesn't require answering yes to any of the IMBRA crime related questions. Even if it did, the US Citizen's record is not a problem beyond making certain the foreign fiance is informed.

The problem her is the foreign fiancee. The DUI will show up on her police report from her country, if it happened there or the background check by the FBI if it happened here. He'll want to ask about this in the waivers forum. It's a problem but I'm not sure how big a problem or how to deal with it successfully if at all.

Hi! Oh by the way im the petitioner (female).well we had the DUI offense in the philippines last year. Both of us at the same time. Here's the thing, My fiancee(male) applied for a job at hsbc in the philippines like 3 months ago and he was accepted, he told me that his police and NBI clearance was actually clear, Its CLEAN! So do i still have to worry about our DUI offense? Eventhough it wouldnt show on his NBI and Police clearance?

janelle

Timeline

Hi! Oh by the way im the petitioner (female).well we had the DUI offense in the philippines last year. Both of us at the same time. Here's the thing, My fiancee(male) applied for a job at hsbc in the philippines like 3 months ago and he was accepted, he told me that his police and NBI clearance was actually clear, Its CLEAN! So do i still have to worry about our DUI offense? Eventhough it wouldnt show on his NBI and Police clearance?

It depends on whether that same NVI clearance can be used at the interview and whether he can answer the visa application questions honestly without disclosing it. Check out the P3 forms for K1 very carefully to determine that.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It depends on whether that same NVI clearance can be used at the interview and whether he can answer the visa application questions honestly without disclosing it. Check out the P3 forms for K1 very carefully to determine that.

THank you very much. :star:

janelle

Timeline

THank you very much. :star:

Unfortunately, this arrest will need to be disclosed by your fiance. If you looked at the DS 156 visa application section 38 the first question is as follows.

Have you ever been arrested or convicted for any offense or crime, even though subject of a pardon, amnesty or other similar legal action? Have you ever unlawfully distributed or sold a controlled substance(drug), or been a prostitute or procurer for prostitutes?

Never, ever lie to an immigration official or on an immigration form.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.