Izoom

HPV vaccine question

86 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Good for you Sarah, I feel strongly about gardisil too although i would not have to get it my daughter would of we just made it through our medical before the doctors knew about the changes. I would not of let them give it to my daughter, we would of done the waiver too or stayed in canada there is no way i would risk it.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Good for you Sarah, I feel strongly about gardisil too although i would not have to get it my daughter would of we just made it through our medical before the doctors knew about the changes. I would not of let them give it to my daughter, we would of done the waiver too or stayed in canada there is no way i would risk it.

Have been following this thread- even though I am outside the age range for Gardisil. Have a question regarding the posts re: TB tests. Where are you getting the info that TB tests are now required? I cannot find it mentioned anywhere - the panel physician website that I would be using states it is not part of the medical and I cannot find it listed on any of the government sites as required. As far as I can tell they only want confirmation of treatment if you previously had a positive skin test or active TB and were treated. Am I mistaken?

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Have been following this thread- even though I am outside the age range for Gardisil. Have a question regarding the posts re: TB tests. Where are you getting the info that TB tests are now required? I cannot find it mentioned anywhere - the panel physician website that I would be using states it is not part of the medical and I cannot find it listed on any of the government sites as required. As far as I can tell they only want confirmation of treatment if you previously had a positive skin test or active TB and were treated. Am I mistaken?

I was under the impression, that chest xray was to see whether someone had active TB, rather than going through the skin test approach. I could be 100% wrong about that.

Maybe flames will chime in what is the testing process for TB.

Timeline

No clue of its required for medical!

Normally, initially they will do the PPD test first http://familydoctor.org/online/famdocen/ho...terial/120.html It is read approx 3 days later, if it is positive (raised bump, very noticeable) then I believe they will do the chest xray. And if it is positive, doesnt mean ur contagious, it explains it in that link.

When it comes to the gaurdisil vaccine, make sure your making an educated choice and getting ur information from reputable sources. I have discussed it with a few gynecologists and the few (like 3) I have spoken to were for it and one of them had their daughter get it. But yes there are many that are against it. And yes there are reports of people that have reactions to it, well guess what, people have reactions to many of the drugs vaccines but they dont make the news because there not the "new" drug. And yes HPV can be sexually transmitted, from guy to girl, girl to guy AND even girl to girl! the one gynecologist has a lesbian coupel who swore they have NEVER had contact with a male, yet both have it. And yes there are a zillion types of cancers and gaurdisil only gaurds against a few, but those few make up the biggest percentage. Im nor for it, or against it, just search reputable sites, wikipedia isnt one of them, nor is a immigration forum,lol. best of luck

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

I was under the impression, that chest xray was to see whether someone had active TB, rather than going through the skin test approach. I could be 100% wrong about that.

Maybe flames will chime in what is the testing process for TB.

THXS - I'm pretty sure you are correct - the purpose of the chest x-ray is to detect any problems. I guess to be safe it would be easy enough to have one done by my family MD. However, it would be good to get a definitive answer so we have the mosy accurate info posted.

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Timeline

If the TB test is required for immigration, they are more likely to do the Xray, because the results are instant and the PPd (intradermal needle) takes 48 hrs!! u get poked, then come back in 2 days to get it "read" so not convenient for immigration medicals!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
No clue of its required for medical!

Normally, initially they will do the PPD test first http://familydoctor.org/online/famdocen/ho...terial/120.html It is read approx 3 days later, if it is positive (raised bump, very noticeable) then I believe they will do the chest xray. And if it is positive, doesnt mean ur contagious, it explains it in that link.

When it comes to the gaurdisil vaccine, make sure your making an educated choice and getting ur information from reputable sources. I have discussed it with a few gynecologists and the few (like 3) I have spoken to were for it and one of them had their daughter get it. But yes there are many that are against it. And yes there are reports of people that have reactions to it, well guess what, people have reactions to many of the drugs vaccines but they dont make the news because there not the "new" drug. And yes HPV can be sexually transmitted, from guy to girl, girl to guy AND even girl to girl! the one gynecologist has a lesbian coupel who swore they have NEVER had contact with a male, yet both have it. And yes there are a zillion types of cancers and gaurdisil only gaurds against a few, but those few make up the biggest percentage. Im nor for it, or against it, just search reputable sites, wikipedia isnt one of them, nor is a immigration forum,lol. best of luck

Oh trust me, my sources are reputable. The Head of the CDC has issued a statement saying the CDC completely disagrees with this vaccine as a mandatory one for immigrants, had they known about the 1996 ammandment they never would have added it to the list of recommendations as they feel that this vaccine should be a choice and not a must. If they had known the consequences of their decision on immigrant females they never would have made the recommendation.

Furthermore, Gardasil has only been out since 2006, it doesn't even get it's final stamp of approval from the FDA until May of 2009. Tell me there is not a HUGE issue with mandating a vaccine that hasn't been given a final stamp of approval???? I have no problem with people taking this vaccine as a choice but forcing it upon people is way out of line not to mention unconstitutional. HPV does not put the greater population at risk. It is a personal disease. 13 out of the 14 vaccine required for immigration are airborne respitory communicable diseases, all except for HPV. This is so wrong on so many levels. Lets hope that in 5 years time the US government doesn't realize that Gardasil has bad effects on your reproductive system and the ability to have babies or else they are going to have major law suits on their hands.

Do you know what this vaccine does?? It has the same properties as cancer it causes a cell mutation within your cervix, they haven't even tested it to see if it could possibly be dangerous as in promoting the growth of abnormal cancer cells. The only reproductive testing they have done is on lab rats that can't even carry the same type of HPV as humans.

The New England Journal of Medicine has also issued a warning about mandating such a premature vaccine. These are very reputable people in the medical community. What is happening is easily arguable the equivalent to medical testing.

S.

Sarah in Toronto

Timeline

03-10-2006 MARRIED IN TORONTO

02-15-2008 MAILED APPLICATION {1-130} TO TORONTO CONSULATE AS PER DCF

02-19-2008 APPLICATION RECEIVED AT CONSULATE

02-28-2008 GOT MESSAGE FROM CONSULATE TO BOOK OUR APPT.

03-03-2008 SPOKE WITH CONSULATE DIRECTLY AND CONFIRMED APPT. FOR MARCH 14

03-14-2008 APPT WITH CONSULATE

I-130 APPROVED!

Timeline

So I was at my family doctor the other day and she tried to sell me this vaccine!!!

I'm 24 years old and married. (I have not had many sexual partners) The chances of me getting HPV are...? She was like, "I will give you the first shot right now if you would like..."

I was like, "no, sorry, I don't believe in this vaccine" and she was like, "you don't believe in something that could save your life?" :lol: I was like, "I have regular examinations and they have always been good. I have been with the same person since I was 20 years old. I think I'm going to be okay"

She was outright pissed that I didn't want the shot!

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ugh! How frustrating Amanda! I can't believe a doctor would try to push something on you like that that isn't necessary! It's your right to choose what goes into your body and not to be harassed about your decision!

I personally think that they are compensated for every vaccine they sell. That's exactly what they're doing now....selling us on healthcare, on medication we don't need! UGH! Sorry, a little rant there. I don't really feel like I can trust the doctors here. I feel like they're motivated by greed and don't have my best interests at heart. ~sighs~ That's just my feeling. The whole system here frustrates me!

Edited by TheATeam

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

Timeline

:lol:

I hear you, girl!

I once went to the doctor, before I was a PR, for a UTI. The doctor told me that at my age, I shoudl be careful who I sleep with. (In reference to getting the UTI) I said that I practice safe sex and she was like, "Do you use condoms?" and I said, "No, I'm on birth control.." She was like.. "so in other words, you are not fully protecting yourself and still could get a STD. I was like, I'm my boyfriend's FIRST sexual partner...and she said, "well absitence is the only key to not getting anything..and I wouldn't want to see you get something like that or pregnant.."

I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO mad beyond belief. A doctor JUDGING my sexual practices? #######!? I'm sure it was because my boyfriend was in college and in a college town at the time so I'm sure she saw a lot of girls that were extremely promiscuous.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline
:lol:

I hear you, girl!

I once went to the doctor, before I was a PR, for a UTI. The doctor told me that at my age, I shoudl be careful who I sleep with. (In reference to getting the UTI) I said that I practice safe sex and she was like, "Do you use condoms?" and I said, "No, I'm on birth control.." She was like.. "so in other words, you are not fully protecting yourself and still could get a STD. I was like, I'm my boyfriend's FIRST sexual partner...and she said, "well absitence is the only key to not getting anything..and I wouldn't want to see you get something like that or pregnant.."

I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO mad beyond belief. A doctor JUDGING my sexual practices? #######!? I'm sure it was because my boyfriend was in college and in a college town at the time so I'm sure she saw a lot of girls that were extremely promiscuous.

Sounds similar to my University doctor too. He was really angry about me and my BF of 3 years not using condoms. I think he said something like - I see plenty of girls here that think their longtime boyfriend is faithful and he's been sleeping around. They only find out when they've caught something.

Turns out dirtbag ex was the cheating kind. Fortunately no STD's. I went back to the doctor, tail between the legs and told him he was right. He probably smiled and thought told ya so when I left the exam room.

As for the gardasil thing - what a pushy #######.

Edited by MrsCat

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.