SweetSugahDumplin

Yardies, at home and a farrin (part 8)

6,160 posts in this topic

Moment o prayer needed ok. Chris just told me that his kids momma said that the girls didnt like the coats we sent last xmas they like fancy stuff :bonk: excuse me THEY ARE CHILDREENNNN THEY WILL WEAR WHAT I PUT ON DEM. Mind u she dont work! how ungrateful! So now he wants to send them stuff and got me lookin at some site where i would not even buy my own kid stuff from! I may not be even be into the xmas gift thing this year due to our situation right now n we will be moving and gettin settle wit the baby and finding daycare... Im all bout a bargain AJ wright ross walmart target baby depot. He will stop work soon when we move n it will be one income again so he wants to buy them stuff NOW hmmmm i do wanna do for them as well thats just me BUT i feel we need get ourselves on track for goodnes sake we aint even got a home yet! in a month or so we will be in TX startin over what is his problem! !!!!! First is was mommas false teet. Someone chime in correct me if im wrong.....

JaLove, I have a new statement for everybody that wants me to bring/buy them something. It's if Joel buys it for you can have it. So he just kiss teeth and walks away. I say, talk to Joe and he will tell you our decision.

Edited by RoxcieJoe

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Wouldn't that be nice :yes: Do you think it could be a possibility?

My manager is rewriting my job now because of the additional tech stuff I have taken on - But what it takes for them to add a new person is when someone is working a ton of OT (raising hand) - they can then justify that they need the additional staffing. I am averaging around 70 hrs a week, and have been for the past 3 months - we are supposed to work 37.5, so I am almost doubled.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

jalove, tell him to tell his baby momma you will send them some potato sacks and she can keep it moving, ol ungrateful heffa..!!!!! first of all, a coat is a coat and she dont like what was sent she can buy them and he needs to not feed into that foolishness, cause then nothing yall send is ever gonna be good enough :no: so if they daddy hadnt sent them and she dont work where else were the coats gonna come from???? you need to tell chris, we have a baby coming in like 2 weeks, we are moving and will be down to one income why are we gonna spend money on some pricey shyt for these kids, that is sending the wrong impression.

Timeline

JALove, deep breaths! Sounds like you and Chris need to sit down and have a serious money talk - do a spreadsheet and calculate all of your expenses and income - go over it with him step by step - I think the budget (if you have it) should give each of you some mad money to play with after everything is taken care of -- if he wants to spend his mad money on those coats, let him -

Timeline

Jalove you are right. I would just talk to him and explain things to him and how you want to prepare for your move etc. You guys should probably write out a plan of action, expenses etc. I would not start buying the kids name brand stuff unless it is on sale. My kids only get brand name if it was a sale(preferably clearance) Money is not the issue. The issue is why would I spend more on something when I can spend less? I tell them they can spend their money any way they want but my money is spent the way I feel it should be spent. Also I have seen some real ugly stuff happen when people only buy their kids name brand stuff or even let the kids dictate what they do and don't want to wear. Have a couple of friends right now broke(er) than a deacon on sunday because they got their kids into the habit of only wearing brandname stuff. Where I'm from you are thankful you are not naked, or cold etc. As long as it is clean and wearable they should be appreciative. Just my take on that.

Opportunities are like sunrises - if you wait too long, you miss them.

William Arthur Ward

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Moment o prayer needed ok. Chris just told me that his kids momma said that the girls didnt like the coats we sent last xmas they like fancy stuff :bonk: excuse me THEY ARE CHILDREENNNN THEY WILL WEAR WHAT I PUT ON DEM. Mind u she dont work! how ungrateful! So now he wants to send them stuff and got me lookin at some site where i would not even buy my own kid stuff from! I may not be even be into the xmas gift thing this year due to our situation right now n we will be moving and gettin settle wit the baby and finding daycare... Im all bout a bargain AJ wright ross walmart target baby depot. He will stop work soon when we move n it will be one income again so he wants to buy them stuff NOW hmmmm i do wanna do for them as well thats just me BUT i feel we need get ourselves on track for goodnes sake we aint even got a home yet! in a month or so we will be in TX startin over what is his problem! !!!!! First is was mommas false teet. Someone chime in correct me if im wrong.....

JaLove, I have a new statement for everybody that wants me to bring/buy them something. It's if Joel buys it for you can have it. So he just kiss teeth and walks away. I say, talk to Joe and he will tell you our decision.

I guess i just want him to see that he need to think bout his immediate fam first and help us get situated then we can do for everyone else. We dont even have a stable home yet and alot of stuff is up in the air and his job is not permanent so he needs to realize that before just doing stuff. Once we move get settle figure out bills how he will get to work etc if he will need car insurance or car then he can buy clothes for the kids they dont need anything now. In TX u need a car there is no bus! unless u in the city from my understanding. Hes only been workin since like aug n that will end bout maybe ill say end of oct when we leave MD. Oh and his response is what is that the new baby will need??? i think he take for granted the shower gifts we go n that my mom has bought her stuff but we still need things we mostly have just clothes car seat bouncer and i bought some wipes for her but when we move she will need stroller crib milk pampers.

Edited by JALOVE

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Yes, when MIL asked me for the BUTTER, did I not call him and say, baby your mama wants some Butter. He like what do you want me to do. I was like I'm asking the same thing?

Timeline

feel better Sol..

love..mek mi tell yuh sumpting...ask him when if ever was di last rass time dem call him or send him a card..phockin brite..tell him..yes TELL HIS ####### that u guys will send this amount regularly and xmas and b-day he will do gifts and something xtra..yuh si how some a dem ooman yah stink and brite..tell her di money tree tap rass bare..

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
I guess i just want him to see that he need to think bout his immediate fam first and help us get situated then we can do for everyone else. We dont even have a stable home yet and alot of stuff is up in the air and his job is not permanent so he needs to realize that before just doing stuff. Once we move get settle figure out bills how he will get to work etc if he will need car insurance or car then he can buy clothes for the kids they dont need anything now. In TX u need a car there is no bus! unless u in the city from my understanding. Hes only been workin since like aug n that will end bout maybe ill say end of oct when we leave MD.

That's totally understandable - That's why I think you need to hammer into his head the cost of what is going on and what you (the two of you plus baby) need to survive and then go from there -

I am the same way with name brands, Sol - I like them, but if I have them on, they came from TJ Maxx or Canal Street!

Timeline

Thanks Kimmy. Kimmy got me to thinkin I bet the kids didn't even say that! And if they did don't send them nothing for X-mas this year! LOL My kids were complaining about their gifts one year guess what they got the next year?! NOT A D@MN THANG!!!! I don't play that ingrate stuff! lol As my momma used to say "I can't stand a ungrateful A$$" :rofl:

Edited by solsoeur

Opportunities are like sunrises - if you wait too long, you miss them.

William Arthur Ward

Timeline
jalove, tell him to tell his baby momma you will send them some potato sacks and she can keep it moving, ol ungrateful heffa..!!!!! first of all, a coat is a coat and she dont like what was sent she can buy them and he needs to not feed into that foolishness, cause then nothing yall send is ever gonna be good enough :no: so if they daddy hadnt sent them and she dont work where else were the coats gonna come from???? you need to tell chris, we have a baby coming in like 2 weeks, we are moving and will be down to one income why are we gonna spend money on some pricey shyt for these kids, that is sending the wrong impression.

honey the coats were so cute to me. And we sent some outfits from the childrens place her comment to his sister was. It coulda been bettah! huh! lol@potato sack... ok im bout to run away. If i have this baby in nex ten min yall know why cuz im stressing, im workin on not fussing lol so im tryin keep calm ovah here. I haven bought me nothingggg but a sweaatsuit cuz its cold i been rockin that i refuse to buy stuff as i got all my things in storage

K-1 2007

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

Naturalization 2017

Timeline

nothing to declare line :thumbs::thumbs:

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

Timeline
Jalove you are right. I would just talk to him and explain things to him and how you want to prepare for your move etc. You guys should probably write out a plan of action, expenses etc. I would not start buying the kids name brand stuff unless it is on sale. My kids only get brand name if it was a sale(preferably clearance) Money is not the issue. The issue is why would I spend more on something when I can spend less? I tell them they can spend their money any way they want but my money is spent the way I feel it should be spent. Also I have seen some real ugly stuff happen when people only buy their kids name brand stuff or even let the kids dictate what they do and don't want to wear. Have a couple of friends right now broke(er) than a deacon on sunday because they got their kids into the habit of only wearing brandname stuff. Where I'm from you are thankful you are not naked, or cold etc. As long as it is clean and wearable they should be appreciative. Just my take on that.

exactly re:name brand. Mom just got the baby a lil snow suit for ten dollars thats what im talkin bout :) AJ wright baby sale yesterday. I use coupons for the stufff i even bought for her. Kids outgrow things so fast !

K-1 2007

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

Naturalization 2017

Timeline

it is cold as hell here in michigan already. I just turned my heat on, my mom just showed up and is talking her ### off,,,,LORD... my head hurts...can someone please come get my momma :help:

Timeline

JALove, look in consignment shops - they have great deals, and stuff is often unworn with the tags still on when it comes to kids clothes - My sister the high end name brand queen went with her family up to a hockey tournament in Calgary - they got all the way there, had the hockey gear, their clothes - Not the suitcases with the kids clothes in them! So, she shopped at a consignment shop - She got the cutest stuff, and has been shopping in them ever since!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.