SweetSugahDumplin

Yardies, at home and a farrin (part 8)

6,160 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Did Shanette SO get approved yesterday?

how wi fi know :P ok..dat afi cheer yuh up zeen

Seet yah :bonk: ...thanks for making me laugh. Going to clear out my IN-BOX it's about to tear down. Dang I only missed one day of work yesterday. Geeshhhh

Ummmmmmm..........today is Wednesday. WTH were you on Monday then?

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

Hello Everyone! I hope you ALL are doing wonderful! There is no way I could read all the way back and catch up... I need a quick review! :-)

Well Louis got here - we got married on August 23rd ... it was a beautiful day, a WONDERFUL day! Everyone got along (my mom and dad LOL).

Things have been going well, it seems like we have been married for years, not just a couple months. We are moving into a bigger apartment November 1st and it is right next door so that will be the easiest move ever! YAY! It will be more space and I am so happy about that.

Louis is already wearing his winter coat so I hate to see him in a few months!!??? The fall has been sunny and actually warmer than usual this year.

Now... I have a question. I am like one of those friends that only calls when they need something!! :whistle:

Is there any issues involved with someone (that you trust) using your address to obtain a visa to come visit the states? He would only be coming for the time around the election and is one of Louis' former co-workers at the TV station he worked at. They would like him to come cover the election but needs a US Residence to use in order to get his visitors visa. What do you all think about that?

Oh and happy belated SONSHYNE... Libras are awesome!!! :-)

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline

mi nuh know irie.. i mean they just ask for the address for the place the person would be visiting right?? they don't ask u to be responsible for them in anyway I don't believe. but the vets probably have more insight..

Glad u and Louis are doing well, Congratulations on the wedding honey.. was likkle mama a flower girl??

Timeline
mi nuh know irie.. i mean they just ask for the address for the place the person would be visiting right?? they don't ask u to be responsible for them in anyway I don't believe. but the vets probably have more insight..

Glad u and Louis are doing well, Congratulations on the wedding honey.. was likkle mama a flower girl??

Yes, she was my flower girl, brides maid ... whatever! :-) Louis, Tierra and I all walked together.

I will try and post a link you all can go to for pictures.

fkn0hd.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ok guys, remember my friend i told u that married a guy visiting here from the Bahamas? My question is does she need the I130? She is filling out all the AOS stuff, but her situation is kinda different. He came here a few years ago on police record n passport, no visa needed. He is still here, they got married Nov 30, last year, same as me. She thinks she needs this form also. Help :blink:

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Timeline

Here are some of my pictures... wedding is on there.

I had a great day.. cried most of the time (if you knew me personal you would know that is typical! LOL)

ONE LOVE

Irie

http://picasaweb.google.com/RasLevi75

Edited by IrieCat

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline

Pictures are awesome, Cat.

My question about that guy is where is he actually going to live? And, why can't he use that address?

I would be careful here. You are filing AOS.....is it wise to have 2 visas to the same address in the system at the same time?

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Pictures are awesome, Cat.

My question about that guy is where is he actually going to live? And, why can't he use that address?

I would be careful here. You are filing AOS.....is it wise to have 2 visas to the same address in the system at the same time?

yeah I am not sure I want to do this. He would be staying at a hotel. He works for a local TV station in St Lucia and they have been invited to the US to cover the election but needs a US address to obtain the visa. I would think DBS should take care of this for him but I also have experienced 1st hand how things work down there and it boggles the mind sometimes!?

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline

Cat, is he staying with you? I think that the address they want for the visa is the address of where he will be staying in the US -

Quana - I am not sure about your friend, sounds like he entered on a VWP - But he overstayed if he is still here - so I think they could file, but he would have to go back to the Bahamas for his interview, and probably get a ban for his overstay, then they would have to file a waiver -

yeah I am not sure I want to do this. He would be staying at a hotel. He works for a local TV station in St Lucia and they have been invited to the US to cover the election but needs a US address to obtain the visa. I would think DBS should take care of this for him but I also have experienced 1st hand how things work down there and it boggles the mind sometimes!?

If his job is sending him - then they should be handling the visa issue, and I wouldn't get involved in it - he should be able to use the hotel address for where he'll be staying

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
Cat, is he staying with you? I think that the address they want for the visa is the address of where he will be staying in the US -

Quana - I am not sure about your friend, sounds like he entered on a VWP - But he overstayed if he is still here - so I think they could file, but he would have to go back to the Bahamas for his interview, and probably get a ban for his overstay, then they would have to file a waiver -

If his job is sending him - then they should be handling the visa issue, and I wouldn't get involved in it - he should be able to use the hotel address for where he'll be staying

I told him no. Told him I spoke to a lawyer.. ;)

I mean the owner of the station lives in the States.. use his address. Doesnt make sense. He would be able to cover any election from my little apartment in MAINE!!!

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline

oh I am sorry irie.. i thought he was staying w/ u guys.. and JG's right..w/ AOS probably don't want too much traffic from immigration :unsure: didn't even think about that..

Sus thanks for the answer girl..but it was for JALove I think LOL.. but get ready I am sure I will be coming w/ more questions soon, its my nature :P

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.