SweetSugahDumplin

Yardies, at home and a farrin (part 8)

6,160 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
u know JG, i think she is just filing and getting her stuff together and she thought the marriage license would be quicker

OK. Then I know she doesn't need to have her birth papers notarized. Where did her SO get that?

They were talking about getting married on her next trip - Lance was trying to get the marriage license, because there is a 5 day wait period for that, then 5 days after to get the certificate. That's why she was trying to get her birth certificate, so that he had it to get the marriage license.

ok..dat makes some sense..its a marriage license not a cert..i don't know what i be think sometimes...but i thought u didn't need a marriage license in JA..we didn't one

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
i think its more comforting to know the doc u've been seeing will be there..i know i didnt want another doc delivering my baby..She delivered both my girls :)

Yeh i kinda picked him based on his reputation as being a great doctor and hes certified in critical care if somethin really goes wrong so i wanted him. All n one :) and im high risk for a few reasons so i wanted the best.

http://www.umm.edu/womenscenter/top_doctors.htm

hey Shem

Lita, yes take a step back and look..i just hope its not in a paint can

Rox..me too i love the summer..winter is just dull.. :angry: snow, wet, boots, falls, uhh..i'm getting depressed

OMG!! You know I keep glancing at that paint can. I remember taking it off right around the time I was opening the can. I was on the phone wit Shrewdie too. Maybe I should call her and have her recount my steps, haha :wacko:

did you find it?

hahah I was thinking that too.. "well...we were talking..going on with our normal foolishness...who knows!"

I hope you found it!

Somewhere she posted she found it in her jewelry box.

Glad she found it! Chris lost his bout a month later.

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Timeline
u know JG, i think she is just filing and getting her stuff together and she thought the marriage license would be quicker

OK. Then I know she doesn't need to have her birth papers notarized. Where did her SO get that?

They were talking about getting married on her next trip - Lance was trying to get the marriage license, because there is a 5 day wait period for that, then 5 days after to get the certificate. That's why she was trying to get her birth certificate, so that he had it to get the marriage license.

Now, I am really confused. It says she filed for the CR1 already.

yeah. thats why i was confused b/c the CR-1

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Timeline

there was a whole thing u had to do to get the marriage license..but i came to find out we didnt need it...jeeze i gotta remember :whistle:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Morning all..

no marie hasn't filed yet, she is getting married on her next trip..

on the websites they SAY u need all of this STUFF in order to get married

this is just one of the sites I looked at..plus they talk about a filing fee for them to file the paperwork..

Required Legal Documents For Jamaica Wedding:

Notarized copies of both Birth Certificates which must include Father's name

Photo ID's - Copies of Passports

Notarized Proof of Divorce [if applicable]

Notarized Copy of Death Certificate for Widow/Widower [if applicable]

Certified Copy of Adoption [if applicable]

Deed Poll or Other Official Name Change Document Papers [if applicable]

Parent's written consent, if under 21.

US Residents can order copies for notarization at:

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/howto/w2w/w2welcom.htm.

All documentation must be received no later than 45 days before the wedding date. If the

required documents are received later than that a $150 late fee will be charged.

Timeline
where did it say she did CR1..thought i didn't file yet

Look to the left of her post under "filed for"

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

I think notarized means offical copy..it's already "notarized" when u receive it. I guess they're saying no copies bring originals

Ok, those of u who got married in JA do u remember getting a marriage license before the wedding..or do u just remember getting a unofficial copy of the marriaget cert?

where did it say she did CR1..thought i didn't file yet

Look to the left of her post under "filed for"

I think that is her plan..to get married and then file CR1 i know she hasn't yet

Filed: Timeline

Did Shanette SO get approved yesterday?

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Timeline

how wi fi know :P ok..dat afi cheer yuh up zeen

Seet yah :bonk: ...thanks for making me laugh. Going to clear out my IN-BOX it's about to tear down. Dang I only missed one day of work yesterday. Geeshhhh

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

I think Marie changed her status to filed for because they decided to go that route - but they haven't filed for anything yet.

I haven't heard about Shanette - Did anyone get her number before she left?

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

No one has said yet.

Kimmy, I agree with your notarized theory. It's already officially sealed. No need to get it notarized. What would they notarize anyhow? That the seal is official?

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

how wi fi know :P ok..dat afi cheer yuh up zeen

Seet yah :bonk: ...thanks for making me laugh. Going to clear out my IN-BOX it's about to tear down. Dang I only missed one day of work yesterday. Geeshhhh

:rofl: ..galang go wuk an tap ask bout approval... :P

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.