SweetSugahDumplin

Yardies, at home and a farrin (part 8)

6,160 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
[i read that too. I didn't think that was unusual although i have not been sitting in a tree since I was bout 10. I figured she was just revisiting her child hood. :rofl: I'm mad the police was shooting and nobody shot at them first. Can the police shoot here if they are not in danger? I guess that is open to interrpretation.

Sol, what they can or cannot do in JA is very open to interpretation - I have had friends who were detained on "suspicion" of robbery and held in a cell for a week - no arrest, no anything - but they were locked up - I have been stopped in road blocks and searched, my luggage torn apart, ..... no reason behind it.

There have been attempts made to clean up the law down there, and there are good cops out there - But the system has been under a lot of corruption for many many years now, it's gonna take a while.

Sus, if I was near you I would give you a big hug. I'm so glad that someone else see that besides me. As you can tell, I don't care for JAMAICAN police. In 1992 and 1994 we filed a complaint with the police commission about be stopped in Mobay and our luggage searched or we went to pick up a barrell and things were removed from it. It too di damn rass EADIAT dem nearly a year to complete the investigations and come to find out it was a big corruption thing because I started inquiring about it and sent several letters to the gleaner, finally something was done.

Ohhhhhhh don't get me started. I've had them try to take my U.S. passport....haaaaa what a joke. I just told them 2 badwords and that was it. I told them that was property of the U.S. government. We've been pulled over and told to "gimme a money and ever ting criss"...criss mi rass. :angry:

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
[i read that too. I didn't think that was unusual although i have not been sitting in a tree since I was bout 10. I figured she was just revisiting her child hood. :rofl: I'm mad the police was shooting and nobody shot at them first. Can the police shoot here if they are not in danger? I guess that is open to interrpretation.

Sol, what they can or cannot do in JA is very open to interpretation - I have had friends who were detained on "suspicion" of robbery and held in a cell for a week - no arrest, no anything - but they were locked up - I have been stopped in road blocks and searched, my luggage torn apart, ..... no reason behind it.

There have been attempts made to clean up the law down there, and there are good cops out there - But the system has been under a lot of corruption for many many years now, it's gonna take a while.

Sus, if I was near you I would give you a big hug. I'm so glad that someone else see that besides me. As you can tell, I don't care for JAMAICAN police. In 1992 and 1994 we filed a complaint with the police commission about be stopped in Mobay and our luggage searched or we went to pick up a barrell and things were removed from it. It too di damn rass EADIAT dem nearly a year to complete the investigations and come to find out it was a big corruption thing because I started inquiring about it and sent several letters to the gleaner, finally something was done.

Ohhhhhhh don't get me started. I've had them try to take my U.S. passport....haaaaa what a joke. I just told them 2 badwords and that was it. I told them that was property of the U.S. government. We've been pulled over and told to "gimme a money and ever ting criss"...criss mi rass. :angry:

well did y'all give up the dough? what happened if you don't give up the money?

Opportunities are like sunrises - if you wait too long, you miss them.

William Arthur Ward

Solso,

No we didn't give up the dough. They just detain you longer. When I was home in June I was pulled over twice, but the office was so focused on my BREAST he just told me to have a nice day. Same thing happened in April. Marcel got pulled over for going 15 miles over the speed limit near Rosehall.

$5000 - for speeding

$500 - for not wearing his seat belt

the office called me out the car and asked what for he said he wanted to make sure Marcel was telling the truth, so he asked me if I was his wife and I said yes...he only gave us a ticket for $500, which took about 10-15mins to write...his eyes were so FIXATED on my breast that he wrote the ticket up wrong. As I walked back to the car, I turned around to the officer and asked him if he liked my BREAST! :angry:

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Use your imagination, Sol -

Lawny, I have seen it all - Like I said there is good and bad everywhere - I come from a family of cops - My great grandfather and my grandfather were both cops, my Dad was a Commissioner - I have dealt with corruption cases, I have fought hard to get cops fired - It's a scary thing. I just feel that we have more recourse against them here in the US and have better resources to fight the corruption. From what I have seen in JA, when you encounter a corrupt one it's pay up or deal with the consequences.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Lawny, I have seen it all - Like I said there is good and bad everywhere - I come from a family of cops - My great grandfather and my grandfather were both cops, my Dad was a Commissioner - I have dealt with corruption cases, I have fought hard to get cops fired - It's a scary thing. I just feel that we have more recourse against them here in the US and have better resources to fight the corruption. From what I have seen in JA, when you encounter a corrupt one it's pay up or deal with the consequences.

Sad, but true. Sus, it sickens me and it is truly digusting. Marcel's friend was shot by police because he was standing at a dance and the guy the police were after ran towards him and his friend got shot. Now, tell me how that's right. The policeman still have his job though and di ooman no ave no son no more.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Sad, but true. Sus, it sickens me and it is truly digusting. Marcel's friend was shot by police because he was standing at a dance and the guy the police were after ran towards him and his friend got shot. Now, tell me how that's right. The policeman still have his job though and di ooman no ave no son no more.

From a logical standpoint if you take the profit out of being corrupt then that is a way to deter it. So maybe they should have stiffer penalities if you are caught doing something corrupt and pay the police they have more money so being corrupt does not look so attractive. Just a thought.

Opportunities are like sunrises - if you wait too long, you miss them.

William Arthur Ward

Timeline
From a logical standpoint if you take the profit out of being corrupt then that is a way to deter it. So maybe they should have stiffer penalities if you are caught doing something corrupt and pay the police they have more money so being corrupt does not look so attractive. Just a thought.

I agree, Sol - but nothing is that logical - If I can pull someone over, find a spliff in his pocket, and supplement my income by $10K - Just think about if I can do it 10 times a week - that's an extra $100K PER WEEK -

Unfortunately, money talks

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Yesterday was crazy on the beach. I now know what ray and his friends have to deal with on a day by day basis. We were hanging out with all his friends who ride jetskis on the beach and I was chillin sitting in a tree taking in some cool breeze when all of a sudden I see all the jetskis running for their bikes and hitting the wata hard. The police guy arrived, but one of rays friends didn't pull out in time. The police guy stood in back of the bike and ray runs down there along with his friend and try to snatch the bike from the police. Well all I heard was a gun shot so I jump out the tree and run down there to get rays azz away and I hear another gun shot. The police shot again. I pulled rays azz back up there with me. All the people came out from their shops cussing the police. Ended up locked up his friend Geesie and taking his bike. Ray always talked about the ####### they have to put up with, but I was able to see it for myself yesterday.

Then after that was all over, everybody was out there cussing the police andd this one officer that was working on the other side of the beach came up to the fence and said something smart. They were cussing his tail out telling him to suck him mother and all kinds of craziness. Thry were all mad and yelling.

Today will be a better day. Sorry for typos. I'm on my blackberry.

Glad Ray n u r ok... um how u get up in dat tree lol

Quana a me a mess wid u bout di DISCLAIMER....no pay mi no mine...u know mi head no good.

I told ya'll Sunny was getting a workout...she managed to climb a tree, if that was me that RASS WOUDAH POP DUNG

Im up here imagining this big old tall tree and how i would get out of it without fallin!

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Timeline
Im up here imagining this big old tall tree and how i would get out of it without fallin!

JALove..no baby yet?

No indeed my friend, they put her on a monitor today to check her heart out and check for contractions. Everything turned out good so here i am still waiting. Hope u all have a blessed, fun and safe weekend.

K-1 2007

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

Naturalization 2017

Timeline
Yesterday was crazy on the beach. I now know what ray and his friends have to deal with on a day by day basis. We were hanging out with all his friends who ride jetskis on the beach and I was chillin sitting in a tree taking in some cool breeze when all of a sudden I see all the jetskis running for their bikes and hitting the wata hard. The police guy arrived, but one of rays friends didn't pull out in time. The police guy stood in back of the bike and ray runs down there along with his friend and try to snatch the bike from the police. Well all I heard was a gun shot so I jump out the tree and run down there to get rays azz away and I hear another gun shot. The police shot again. I pulled rays azz back up there with me. All the people came out from their shops cussing the police. Ended up locked up his friend Geesie and taking his bike. Ray always talked about the ####### they have to put up with, but I was able to see it for myself yesterday.

Then after that was all over, everybody was out there cussing the police andd this one officer that was working on the other side of the beach came up to the fence and said something smart. They were cussing his tail out telling him to suck him mother and all kinds of craziness. Thry were all mad and yelling.

Quana a me a mess wid u bout di DISCLAIMER....no pay mi no mine...u know mi head no good.

I told ya'll Sunny was getting a workout...she managed to climb a tree, if that was me that RASS WOUDAH POP DUNG

Don't you all know that the trees on the beach are some short things...She nuh haffi climb up nowhere.. :no::no: even tough me knoa she a monument climber.... :rofl:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline

Don't you all know that the trees on the beach are some short things...She nuh haffi climb up nowhere.. :no::no: even tough me knoa she a monument climber.... :rofl:

This is what happens when you have to thief and catch up on the thread. I swear, you all, I can actually spell :rofl:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline

Hi Phatkutie my friend :) welcome my friend glad u finally joined check ur PM sent u some info....

K-1 2007

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

Naturalization 2017

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.