Omar G.

proof of meeting in person

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

well for me this is an easy part, but in a way its kind of hard to really describe and am alittle confused on how.....

Me and my fiance me and lived together in Cali, Colombia. I lived there for 2 years where we met and then lived for a year together. We have many pictures showing us togehter but none with dates. We do have pictures with the christmas tree from last year and many others of us together. well it says 2-5 pictures so i am sending the 5 best that shows us togehter....I dont have boarding passes that states that i was there. i was thinking about making fotocopies of pages from my passport, but i have a dual citizenship, US and Colombia. so when i entered Colomiba i used my Colombian passport. i dont want a RFE and was thinking if i make fotocopies of my colombian passport with the dates that i was there, they might want a RFE. and that stated, how can i send my original passport if i probably will be travelling in december to visit. yes i have 2 passports so i can travel but its best for me to travel with both....i have one itinerary of when i finally returned to the US on June 24th, it was a one way ticket, i was thinking of just printing that that shows i was returning from Colombia on that date.....

Do you guys think thats enough evidence? 5 pictures, copy of itinerary, and in my description on Question 18 i stated that we met and lived together in Cali for X amount of time.....I also now have phone records of calling everyday just about....

i assume yes, but want to know what you guys think because i will send this very soon, im just figuring out the last details.....

thanks

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
well for me this is an easy part, but in a way its kind of hard to really describe and am alittle confused on how.....

Me and my fiance me and lived together in Cali, Colombia. I lived there for 2 years where we met and then lived for a year together. We have many pictures showing us togehter but none with dates. We do have pictures with the christmas tree from last year and many others of us together. well it says 2-5 pictures so i am sending the 5 best that shows us togehter....I dont have boarding passes that states that i was there. i was thinking about making fotocopies of pages from my passport, but i have a dual citizenship, US and Colombia. so when i entered Colomiba i used my Colombian passport. i dont want a RFE and was thinking if i make fotocopies of my colombian passport with the dates that i was there, they might want a RFE. and that stated, how can i send my original passport if i probably will be travelling in december to visit. yes i have 2 passports so i can travel but its best for me to travel with both....i have one itinerary of when i finally returned to the US on June 24th, it was a one way ticket, i was thinking of just printing that that shows i was returning from Colombia on that date.....

Do you guys think thats enough evidence? 5 pictures, copy of itinerary, and in my description on Question 18 i stated that we met and lived together in Cali for X amount of time.....I also now have phone records of calling everyday just about....

i assume yes, but want to know what you guys think because i will send this very soon, im just figuring out the last details.....

thanks

Itinerary and pictures are only secondary evidence. Passport stamps are primary. I'd make a copy of every page, of each passport and use that as your proof of meeting. Then, just mention in your cover letter you lived together for a year. Is there no documentation related to your domicile or utility bills etc.?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

I have nothing documented referring back to my domicile. maybe i can ask if she still has one of the receipts from april or may and have her send them to me. but with the picutes, i will put a discription on the back stating the date (month/year) and where. i only think that they will see a different passport fotocopies and that will throw a red flag as to my citizenship or something, then needing a RFE.....

i think on my american passport it has a stamp of me exiting colombia but not entering. should i just make copies of all the pages from both passports, then state that i have a dual citizenship in my description of how we met? but wouldnt that really get off topic to the question they are asking in question 18 of the I-129F? The format of my cover letter is of Visa Journey, i would like to keep it without writing a paragraph describing my situation. should i just add an additional page for an explanation with regarding both passports?

I always thought that the pictures would be the best and good enough. you can see that i have different length hair in the pictures that shows time interval.....but no boarding pass or anything like that....

i would prefer not to complicate things and just keep it simple, but obviously sufficient....thanks

Timeline
I have nothing documented referring back to my domicile. maybe i can ask if she still has one of the receipts from april or may and have her send them to me. but with the picutes, i will put a discription on the back stating the date (month/year) and where. i only think that they will see a different passport fotocopies and that will throw a red flag as to my citizenship or something, then needing a RFE.....

i think on my american passport it has a stamp of me exiting colombia but not entering. should i just make copies of all the pages from both passports, then state that i have a dual citizenship in my description of how we met? but wouldnt that really get off topic to the question they are asking in question 18 of the I-129F? The format of my cover letter is of Visa Journey, i would like to keep it without writing a paragraph describing my situation. should i just add an additional page for an explanation with regarding both passports?

I always thought that the pictures would be the best and good enough. you can see that i have different length hair in the pictures that shows time interval.....but no boarding pass or anything like that....

i would prefer not to complicate things and just keep it simple, but obviously sufficient....thanks

My advice stands as written.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Hmmm, I included ALL pages of my passport and about 100 color photos, plus receipts, boarding passes, etc ... plus my letter was over 3 pages long and explained all the things I thought needed explaining. Probably overkill but for ANY high fraud consulate, I would suggest this, and I would assume Colombia is not the easiest consulate in the world, but I don't know.

Jonas

Timeline

Hmmm, I included ALL pages of my passport and about 100 color photos, plus receipts, boarding passes, etc ... plus my letter was over 3 pages long and explained all the things I thought needed explaining. Probably overkill but for ANY high fraud consulate, I would suggest this, and I would assume Colombia is not the easiest consulate in the world, but I don't know.

Jonas

Letters and photographs are not primary evidence of meeting in person. Passport stamps, boarding passes, ATM receipts and hotel bills are.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Jonas

Letters and photographs are not primary evidence of meeting in person. Passport stamps, boarding passes, ATM receipts and hotel bills are.

Hey Pushbrk,

I myself am an idiot & had no idea about this whole process when I was in Bali last month. If I did, I would've saved my boarding passes, atm receipts, etc.

I can sort've work around this. I have the passport stamps, itinerary from the travel agent. I can also get an itinerary showing that I flew from Bali to Sumatra (which is where my fiance is from).

About the atm receipts, do you think that my bank statements, which will show withdrawals from atms in Bali, would count as primary evidence?

I am also having some friends over there track down the merchant copies of my hotel bills, and also working on getting the merchant copies of the boat fares for when we travelled between different islands.

And of course I have a million pictures.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Jonas

Hey Pushbrk,

I myself am an idiot & had no idea about this whole process when I was in Bali last month. If I did, I would've saved my boarding passes, atm receipts, etc.

I can sort've work around this. I have the passport stamps, itinerary from the travel agent. I can also get an itinerary showing that I flew from Bali to Sumatra (which is where my fiance is from).

About the atm receipts, do you think that my bank statements, which will show withdrawals from atms in Bali, would count as primary evidence?

I am also having some friends over there track down the merchant copies of my hotel bills, and also working on getting the merchant copies of the boat fares for when we travelled between different islands.

They don't expect you to have everything, I lost the boarding passes from my first trip. Obviously, I do have passport stamps. I also included bank statements, credit card receipts, plane and train tickets with my name and hotel receipts with both our names. Also, I bought my airline tickets online and turned in a copy of the email confirmation.

Pushbrk - do email confirmation of E-Ticket purchase (showing last 4 digits of credit card and cardholder name) count as primary evidence as far as you know? Thanks

Jonas

Timeline

Jonas

Hey Pushbrk,

They don't expect you to have everything, I lost the boarding passes from my first trip. Obviously, I do have passport stamps. I also included bank statements, credit card receipts, plane and train tickets with my name and hotel receipts with both our names. Also, I bought my airline tickets online and turned in a copy of the email confirmation.

Pushbrk - do email confirmation of E-Ticket purchase (showing last 4 digits of credit card and cardholder name) count as primary evidence as far as you know? Thanks

Jonas

Right, they don't expect you to have everything. Passport stamps are sufficient primary evidence of meeting. If that's all you have, it's good enough.

No, confirmation you bought a ticket proves only that you bought a ticket, not that you traveled anywhere. USCIS accepts evidence of being in the same country as evidence of meeting.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

The format of my cover letter is of Visa Journey, i would like to keep it without writing a paragraph describing my situation. should i just add an additional page for an explanation with regarding both passports?

______________--

The USCIS requests any explanations of unique situations to attached separately piece of paper, rather than including it in the cover letter. You might want to use an attachment to explain your dual citizenship, which in turn explains your passport situation.

Thai Mom

The format of my cover letter is of Visa Journey, i would like to keep it without writing a paragraph describing my situation. should i just add an additional page for an explanation with regarding both passports?

______________--

The USCIS requests any explanations of unique situations to attached separately piece of paper, rather than including it in the cover letter. You might want to use an attachment to explain your dual citizenship, which in turn explains your passport situation.

Thai Mom

Just to add to that....is there a record in your Colombian passport that you entered the country on the dates you're saying you were there? If so, I would make copies of your Colombian passport, highlight the date stamps and include them with your explanation and evidence.

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.