rachbel

medical exams fees

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

hi

i want ask if the medical exams fees have recently changed, because i talked to the doctor secretary today to set an appointment for me, she asked me to bring my passport My ID card, 3 photos and fees are about 2 hundred dollars :unsure: , i've heard that the fees are around just 1 hundred Dollars...what doctor u advise me ? Thanks much.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
hi

i want ask if the medical exams fees have recently changed, because i talked to the doctor secretary today to set an appointment for me, she asked me to bring my passport My ID card, 3 photos and fees are about 2 hundred dollars :unsure: , i've heard that the fees are around just 1 hundred Dollars...what doctor u advise me ? Thanks much.

Is this for after you have arrived to the US or at your local consulate in your home country?

Timeline
hi

Is this for after you have arrived to the US or at your local consulate in your home country?

hi, thanks for your answer, it is about the consulate in Morocco, so i dont know why do i've have to pay about 2 hundred dollars. thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I do not understand how the exm can be done for under $100

X-rays

HIV tests

TB tests

STD tests

Hepatitus tests

It took three days to complete the tests and get the results.

More than $100

At least I know that her and I are both free of HIV about any Sexualy transmitted Desease known to man and virtualy any comunicable dease.

I do know of people who have been turned back at the point of entry for lack of adquate medical exam.

That is a shame to make to th U.S. and turned back by imigration becaause of a scrimped medical exam.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
hi

The fees for all of the medical exams are listed on the different Embassy's websites usually under "vaccination requirements" section. They list the names of the doctors you can go to and the cost. I think it also says something about let them know if the doctor tries to charge you any other fees. For example, here is the page for Jordan:

http://amman.usembassy.gov/user/SectionVie...?SectionId=1290

The Amman Embassy's page as you can see is very clear about what will be done and what it costs and who you can go to. You should see something similar on your embassy's page.

Some doctors I guess take advantage of potential immigrants by charging too much. Look up your consulate on the Dept of State website and find the info there....it will tell you what you need to know. You could also email the embassy and run it by them to make sure its ok if you are still suspicious.

Deb :star:

I do not understand how the exm can be done for under $100

X-rays

HIV tests

TB tests

STD tests

Hepatitus tests

It took three days to complete the tests and get the results.

More than $100

At least I know that her and I are both free of HIV about any Sexualy transmitted Desease known to man and virtualy any comunicable dease.

I do know of people who have been turned back at the point of entry for lack of adquate medical exam.

That is a shame to make to th U.S. and turned back by imigration becaause of a scrimped medical exam.

It all depends on which country your fiance(e) is in. In Morocco, they dont give the chicken pox shot during the medical exam. I didnt know this, DH didnt know this, nor did we know it was required for AOS until we got an RFE. The exams and prices vary alarmingly from one country to another.

And for the OP, my husband also had his exam done by the female doctor mentioned above and at the time it was 1000 Dh (a little less than $100 at the time ).

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

I just saw on WABC and CNN that a regulation went into effect on August 1st that requires female immigrants to receive Gardasil, the vaccination for HPV. Immigrant rights groups are protesting because of the high cost of the vaccination will add to the high fees that are already involved in immigration. Perhaps this is why the medical fees have increased for Rachbel and not Yassmine's husband.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
I just saw on WABC and CNN that a regulation went into effect on August 1st that requires female immigrants to receive Gardasil, the vaccination for HPV. Immigrant rights groups are protesting because of the high cost of the vaccination will add to the high fees that are already involved in immigration. Perhaps this is why the medical fees have increased for Rachbel and not Yassmine's husband.

My fiancee just had her medical done two days ago. She had to go to the pharmacy and get the vaccinations. Then back to the Dr. to get them injected. Then chest xray and exam. In the end it took 2 days and cost 3700 dhm, not including cabs to the various pharmacies and clinics.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.