sweet_peach

I need some help with Amman

17 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I would go to JFK and meet my honey in a heartbeat!!! Hahaha...JFK is less than 2 hours away from me...and is where I will be meeting Esmat when he comes...hopefully by the end of this month.

I think it would be nice for you to meet him there and fly back to Chicago together. I probably would not be much into site seeing after being apart for so long....I plan to take Esmat straight home! :devil:

Go for it!!!!

Deb :star:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
Yes I know the whole deal about not being able to stay together, but I'm not going Jordan.

He received his visa and is coming to the US via Jordan and will need to stay overnight there.

I WOULD I WOULD!!! I actually had to come thru JFK on my way home from the last treck to Jordan! It is NOT my favorite airport, but if that is where my habibi comes thru-- that is where I will meet him! Wish to heaven it is soon! Mabruuk on your visa-keep the rest of us VJrs in your prayers!-Amy

Thanks for the help.

oh...I just noticed that you said fiance.....are you getting married while you are in Jordan? If you aren't married they probably won't let you stay at the hotel together.

Deb

I think it will be worth it to be closer to the airport and thats still not very expensive. Esmat and I stayed at a place in Amman right by the big King Hussein Mosque in Amman...it was nice and quiet and cheap at $31.00 dollars...not dinars...for the night...and he drove so we didn't have to worry about a taxi. But we were still out a ways from the airport and that always makes me nervous...I missed one of my flights home once. Being stuck was bittersweet because I had to wait a week to get the next flight but I got to spend an extra week with my sweetheart....haha...how could I complain about that. All I could do is smile. :D

Remember to bring your marriage agreement with you...the hotel may want to see it.

Deb :star:

Thanks for your help.

My fiance contacted the hotel and its $120 a night.

Hopefully it will be better than staying in the city.

Thats weird ive flown RJ manyyyy times and went thru amman from Beirut and Riyadh and ive always been able to avoid the overnight stay in Amman. Maybe he can look into a different schedule.

Your correct Jess, but Hayz isnt like normal people he wants to take the "scenic tour" to Amman via a "bus" and then fly from there. Even though he can get a plane ticket from Beirut to Amman for little of nothing. To him he is saving more by taking this route (maybe a difference of $40).....

OYY i see! actually id loveeee to take the scenic trip!! my husband on the other hand would think that was nuts!

When is he coming??

He is Leaving Lebanon late on the 15th (around midnight or when ever the last bus is leaving) and should be in Jordan by the 16th sometime. Then he will be on the flight from Amman on the 17th. Should be in Atlanta just after midnight.

I have thought about flying to JFK on that Friday and waiting for him there. He is expecting me at the airport in Atlanta, but I thought it was be a good surprize to be in JFK.

Who would go to JFK and wait for their habibi???

I WOULD!!! I WOULD!!! AND I REALLY CAN'T STAND JFK! Had to come thru there on my last return trek and it was not fun! But for my habibi-- you bet! I'd do anything to be there when he first steps foot in his new country! Mabruuk on your visa- keep the rest of us vjers in your prayers please!!!-Amy

Edited by ARALB

April 29, 2008-met Amin- the man of my dreams&love of my life! May 29,2008- flew to Jordan June 1, 2008-started the long CRAZY process of standing in line, waiting for stamps, and being sent from one office to another only to pay another fee and find another line! June 3,2008-The HAPPIEST DAY OF MY LIFE! June 11, 2008- Returned home,started paperwork.June 30, 2008-Sent off I-130 pkt to Chicago.July 3, 2008-I-130 pkt received, fwd to CSC.August 4, 2008-NOA #1 August 11, 2008-Sent in I-129F pkt to CSC.August 18, 2008-NOA#2*APPROVED*September 4, 2008-NVC printed AOS instructions-(mailed Sept. 8) September 13, 2008-Rec'd AOS Bill in the mail.[/i] September 15, 2008-Used online payment option.-October 14, 2008-Sent off AOS packet with joint sponsor info.-rec'd@NVC Oct 15. October 30,2008-Got RFENovember 12, 2008-Priority to NVC,BIOGRAPH/Certs!Here we go![/b]November 19,2008RFE!#######!-overnite Nov 25-3 December, 2008-CASE COMPLETE NVC!INTERVIEW FEB 18TH-Approved!!!February 28,2009 HUBBY ARRIVED ON SATURDAY FEBRUARY 28TH, 2009---LIFE HAS JUST BEGUN!!!!ALHAMDULALLAH!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.