Cdnwmn

Dumb question time

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Am I required to bring passport photos to the citizenship testing/interview? It doesn't state anything to that effect on my appointment letter.

I'm having the citizenship testing/interview tomorrow and feel quite confident about answering the questions I'm given. It sure helped to live along a border and also be taught alot about the U.S. in school when I was growing up.

Thanks.

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline
Am I required to bring passport photos to the citizenship testing/interview? It doesn't state anything to that effect on my appointment letter.

I'm having the citizenship testing/interview tomorrow and feel quite confident about answering the questions I'm given. It sure helped to live along a border and also be taught alot about the U.S. in school when I was growing up.

Thanks.

Hi, CD.

I don't think you are required to have your passport photos to the test if it doesn't say anything about that in the appoinment letter. But if it makes you feel better, call their costumer service number and ask.

Have a good day. :)

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

I just had my citizenship interview earlier this month. You should have sent the pictures with your N-400, so you don't need those. However, in my case, I did get a letter a couple of weeks before my interview to bring two pp size pictures with instructions. That was because mine had a green background (thanks to the Walmart portrait studios) and they were not acceptable. Take everything that the letter says to bring. You will need to license/marriage/divorce certificate, etc if those apply to you. Take more, just in case.

Good luck.

Timeline for K1 visa

9/11/2008 – mailed I-129F

9/12/2008 – Received at VSC/NOA 1 sent (mail stamp-9/16)

9/15/2008 – check cashed

9/19/2008 –Received NOA1

12/28/2008 – Received NOA2 Approval email from CRIS

01/06/2009 – Left NVC for Mumbai Consulate

01/07/2009 – Received NVC confirmation letter in the mail

01/08/2009 – Mumbai Consulate received file electronically and sent packet 3 (info from DOS)

01/10/2009 – Mumbai Consulate received file (hard copy) from NVC (DHL tracking)

01/19/2009 – Overnighted packet 3 (still did not receive receive pkt 3 from Mumbai)

01/20/2009 – Packet 3 arrives at Mumbai Consulate

01/23/2009 – called DOS and was informed that packet 4 has been sent and interview date set.

01/24/2009 – Received hard copy of packet 3 (postmark Jan 20). Too late. Already sent packet 3 on Jan 19.

02/02/09 – Received Packet 4

02/04/09 – Submitted documents at the VFS Kolkata Office

02/06/09 - Medicals completed

03/02/2009 – BIG DAY, i.e., Interview Date

03/03/2009 - Visa received in mail

04/09/2009 - POE

AOS

04/17/2009 - CIVIL

6/16/2009 - Mailed AOS package

6/19/2009 - NOA1

7/08/2009 - AOS transferred to CSC

7/17/2009 - Biometrics appointment, EAD case Touched

8/05/2009 - EAD card production ordered, AP approved !!!!

ROC

08/27/2011 - Mailed ROC packageCIVIL

08/29/2011 - NOA1

09/19/2011 - Early Bio (scheduled date 10/03/2011)

Thanks.

It's up to you.

The checklist came with interview letter suggested to bring extra phtos.

When interiview officer look at photo during the interview, he/she may decide the phto may not be acceptable, then your interview approval may be delayed until you bring new photos.

A lot of people just bring the documents/photos for just in case.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok, thanks all.

So I dug out all of the copies of paperwork I sent to Nebraska when I first applied and I don't have a copy of the N400 application form that I filled out. Just great.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Ok, thanks all.

So I dug out all of the copies of paperwork I sent to Nebraska when I first applied and I don't have a copy of the N400 application form that I filled out. Just great.

"A lot of people just bring the documents/photos for just in case. "

That just in case also includes your documents lost by the USCIS, course they will not admit to that, just give you an RFE and tell you to come back. But if you have it with you, saves a long trip and time.

DOS sure messed up my wife's passport photo, swear they reduced the resolution by 75%, but if it is good enough for them, it's good enough for me. For your certificate, WYSIWYG, an old computer term for what you see is what you get, do use your actual photo. After dealing with SS and the DOS with the certificate, we can bury that now or simply lock it up, doubt if we will be using that again for anything soon. It's been years since I had to use my birth certificate for anything until dealing with the USCIS, and only had to show it once to SS when I was 16 years old.

If you had second thoughts on the photos you sent, still have the opportunity to change them at your interview. Wife's interviewer couldn't find a bank statement I know we sent it, but wife had the original of that to save a trip, and for some reason, her interviewer wanted our original copies of our tax returns, while she had identical copies in our folder. Think she was smoking crack? I do. But it's always your fault.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.