NYGirl

Even females get it

50 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline

Hello russian forum,

So today in the morning i was reading my emails and decided to peak into my "spam emails" cause sometimes emails that i need go there too. As I am checking my spam emails I see and email with the subject "hello". I decided to open it and read it. Here is the copied and paste email that I got.

Hello my new friend!

My name is Elena.

how are you? I hope you are fine!

I have found your profile and e-mail on dating site.

As for me I want to find my love.

If you are interested, answer me and we can begin our acquaintance.

So let me tellsome words about me. I was born on the 20 OCT 1980.

I want to find someone who can love me and i can love. I looked your profile and read information about you and what you want to see in a woman of your choice.

And i believe, i can have all parts of what you want in soulmate, out of thousands of people that is me, i find you to be my true choice and i hope that you should feel the same way too.

It's really wonderful moment as I am writing this letter to you and i pray that i should hear good and sweat reply from you.

You are far from me but i belief that there's nothing that love can not do.

I belief love can move mountain and love turns around person's life to precious life and sweet one.

Ok, i wish that you will write me and lets have more discussions and get to know more about each other.

My new friend I ask you to write to my e-mail: leno4kazzz@gmail.com vie e-mail I can check my mail easily.

I will be great to read marvellous letter from you.

Hoping for God of love and in power of love I would like to hear from you.

Thanks for the reading.

Elena.

No doubt that this email comes from a russia/ukraine or let's just say the former ussr. I did reply to "Elena" in RUSSIAN, asking her if she wants to come to USA so much that she haven't even noticed that she's writing this to an FEMALE. My email has my first name on it, and it's a very popular russian name and you can't miss or even think that it's a male's email. Anyway, let's see if she'll get reply back to me.

I remember a while ago Slim posted a topic similar to this one that either him or his friend got such and email so that's why i decided to post it here is well.......so yeah, i guess FEMALES get such emails too. ( even from females) :bonk:

P.S. oh yeah, i wonder which dating site she found my email????? i am not listed in any dating sites :huh::unsure::blink: what a moron she is :rolleyes:

Edited by NYGirl

12/14/09 - I-751 mailed

12/23/09 - Check cashed

12/28/09 - NOA1 (dated 12/21/09)

01/03/10 - I-797 NOA received for biometrics appt

01/26/10 - Biometrics appt.

01/27/10 - Touch

04/29/10 - Approved

reminder for myself: apply for citizenship in november 2010

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
I wonder if she'll reply :) I get one of those once in a while and everytime its very poor writter English. As I noticed most of the time they send those letters to my email and couple similar onces all. Oh, and I'm a female as well, with a very female name on my email addy :) Edited by Ana&D

7829087.gif

07-22-2006 Met in Florida

09-02-2006 Been together ever since

12-09-2007 My visa expired, trip back home

01-16-2008 Dave visited me in Ukraine

04-22-2008 I-129F mailed out to Vermont

05-20-2008 I-129F returned

05-22-2008 Second attempt at filing I-129F

05-23-2008 Received by Mr. Novak

05-29-2008 NOA1 (6 days)

06-09-2008 Touched (Yay, violated for the 1st time)

07-02-2008 Touched again!!!

07-03-2008 Touched again!!!

08-29-2008 Dave's 2nd trip to Ukraine!

09-25-2008 NOA2 (126 days)

09-26-2008 Touched

09-??-2008 NVC Received

09-30-2008 NVC Left

10-02-2008 Noa2 hardcopy in the mail

10-03-2008 Embassy Received

11-05-2008 Medical

11-07-2008 Interview

11-14-2008 Visa Received

11-17-2008 Flight to Orlando :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

mods are not the only ones that can move threads, organizers can too.

and this email probably isn't about looking for a green card, but trying to set up a scam via western union.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

I just got a new one like five minutes ago... I wonder who actually writes this nonsense?

My dear friend!

My MAN who will hold me in his arms and tell that everything will be

the best!

I would beliave you!

Ultimately I am here for love. I've known it and I love it!

And I've lost it- and I've left it! But it is everything I want

and yet everything I want to give. I enjoy the great outdoors,

living life to the fullest and enjoying a good laugh. I am very

outgoing and like to have a good time. I think that a relationship

is a two way street and would like to meet a man who is caring and

outgoing. I am waiting for you my love www.flirtylove.net/hilove

Sweet goodbye

Olechka

7829087.gif

05-29-2008 NOA1 (6 days)

09-26-2008 Touched

09-??-2008 NVC Received

09-30-2008 NVC Left

11-05-2008 Medical

11-07-2008 Interview

11-14-2008 Visa Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Charles is right, the motivation is cash not residency status in the US. I have not gotten one of those type e-mails for over three years now. Probably because I went around removing my profile everywhere, I believe, I had one. Went I did get those letters, Alla would always encourage me to "play games with these tricksters", which I did fully. I always wanted to see their faces when they showed up at the Western Union agents, waited in the queue, and discovered the 1600 USD I sent for her tickets was absent. Every now and then I would get a followup. Either, "Love of my life, did you send me mistake? The MCTN was not right!" or words to affect of I could take a long walk on a very short pier! :lol:

Oh, BTW, you may not be a girl writing a girl. Many times it is a guy behind the keyboard of those romantic letters. :yes:

mods are not the only ones that can move threads, organizers can too.

and this email probably isn't about looking for a green card, but trying to set up a scam via western union.

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

we can even get these from my work email (both girls) and this is a secured state government site

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: Timeline

That's exactly what this is. NYGirl, you're wasting your time replying to it. It's not even a woman on the other end, and the reason they didn't notice it was a woman's email address is because they send them out bulk to thousands of email addresses. In her next letter "she" will tell you that she is coming to the United States to study or work or just to visit. Incredibly, it will be close to your city. She will even wonder if maybe you might want to pick her up from the airport, and if some arrangement could be worked out for lodging. Some photos will be sent, and of course she will be gorgeous.

The next step varies, but basically "she" will send you some progress reports that she's headed to Moscow from her home city of wherever. Or if she's already in Moscow, she might send you some photos she's taking while sight-seeing, etc. In each letter she will feel closer to you, and within a week you will be her soul mate. And then the other shoe will drop. She will send you a panicked letter saying that there is a tarrif on her airplane tickets, or there is a tax on her visa, or some other completely bogus expense. She of course only has exactly enough money to buy the plane ticket, so please would you mind spotting her the $1,500 or so that this expense costs, and she'll pay you back when she gets work in the US, or some uncle sends the money later, etc. "She" will request it via Western Union, and please do hurry as she will soon have to live on the street. Of course, if you send the money you'll never hear from her again.

You can do what I've done in the past and have a little fun with them. If you know the format of Western Union numbers (do an internet search, or read up on 419eaters.com), tell her the money has been sent. Now the problem will be that these people are pros, so they will immediately check the confirmation number you provided to them on the WU website, and know that you're lying. So you need to make up some bogus story about the computer system being down so you can't track it online, or that it's a new branch that isn't hooked up to the main website yet, etc. Check out 419eaters.com if you really want to mess with them.

I once had some scammers drive all the way from Moscow to Tula because I had them convinced that only the WU office in Tula would release the funds. (I played the "stupid American" who just assumed Tula was close enough to Moscow because it was only a half inch away on my map.) When I got an angry letter back from the "woman" who had supposedly spent the last of her money on a bus ticket to Tula only to find there were no funds, I apologized profusely that I had accidentally transposed 2 numbers, and to please try again with the new number. The next email I got (presumably after the second trip to Tula) was a death threat. :) Which brings me to my last point: ALWAYS use a throw-away account, and NEVER give them any personal information. They don't keep track of who they send the original emails to, so even replying with a brand new throw-away account doesn't raise suspicions.

Edited by mox

Timeline
I once had some scammers drive all the way from Moscow to Tula because I had them convinced that only the WU office in Tula would release the funds. (I played the "stupid American" who just assumed Tula was close enough to Moscow because it was only a half inch away on my map.) When I got an angry letter back from the "woman" who had supposedly spent the last of her money on a bus ticket to Tula only to find there were no funds, I apologized profusely that I had accidentally transposed 2 numbers, and to please try again with the new number. The next email I got (presumably after the second trip to Tula) was a death threat. :)

You re so evil :devil: I guess they got just what they deserved :thumbs:

7829087.gif

05-29-2008 NOA1 (6 days)

09-26-2008 Touched

09-??-2008 NVC Received

09-30-2008 NVC Left

11-05-2008 Medical

11-07-2008 Interview

11-14-2008 Visa Received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
P.S. oh yeah, i wonder which dating site she found my email????? i am not listed in any dating sites :huh::unsure::blink: what a moron she is :rolleyes:
Who said it was a she. I know a few guys from my wife's hometown who get plenty of suckers to send them money by pretending to be a pretty woman looking for love, just by using a few pictures from a friend or relative.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I have never got one of these emails, though I have heard of them. I feel left out :mellow:

K1 Visa Process long ago and far away...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

AOS Process a fading memory...

01/31/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD package for Olga and Anya

06/01/07 - Green card arrived in mail

Removing Conditions

03/02/09 - Mailed I-751 package (CSC)

03/06/09 - Check cashed

03/10/09 - Recieved Olga's NOA1

03/28/09 - Olga did biometrics

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

Timeline
I have never got one of these emails, though I have heard of them. I feel left out :mellow:

You are lucky. I get at least one every months. And even on my Russian mail server... Are they attempting to screw over their own ppl?

7829087.gif

05-29-2008 NOA1 (6 days)

09-26-2008 Touched

09-??-2008 NVC Received

09-30-2008 NVC Left

11-05-2008 Medical

11-07-2008 Interview

11-14-2008 Visa Received

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Okay, this thread has nothing to do with Russia so I'm moving it.

j/k :lol:

Seriously though, I get tons of these in my junk email - mostly from Africa, but all along similar lines. It's a scam and your best bet is to not reply. By replying they now know it's a valid email addy with someone on the other end. It's likely to mean you'll get even more now, unfortunately. :(

Edited by Magenta

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

You're assuming that it is anything other than random spam....

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

The next email I got (presumably after the second trip to Tula) was a death threat. :) Which brings me to my last point: ALWAYS use a throw-away account, and NEVER give them any personal information.

I use my real e-mail, real MySpace, all that junk. I'm not too worried about some kind of "cyber stalker" coming to pay me a visit because these criminals are about the laziest criminals in the world. Like they'd actually put some pants on and leave the house just to come pay me a visit over a digital dis. Sure, if they took two bus trips they'd probably be pretty pissed off, but if they're the kind of people setting up scam e-mails on the other side of the world, they probably lack the resources to travel to my front door. In theory, they could have a friend or someone "in the business" do it, but that would cost them a lot of money, and they're already motivated by gaining money. Paying someone to "take you out" would cost big bucks and this isn't exactly a high dollar operation. I'm sure they make good money, but we're not talking drug money here. Basically, these guys would be the dude that sells weed at school. They make some money and if they saved up, they could pay someone to kill you but it's highly unlikely that'll ever happen. If, by chance, it's starts to get real..... like Bush says... "bring 'em on!"

My wife and I have visited some folks we met through VJ. We were invited to stay overnight (about two hours away) but we politely declined until we could determine if they were axe murderers or not. We all joke about it, "You can stay with us now that you know we're not axe murderers."

To actually meet people in person is a big deal. All of you, sure I've talked to you on VJ, but I don't know you, know you. I would trust you more than the average dude on the street, but I still wouldn't sleep at your house until after we've developed a rapport, in person. I'll visit you, meet you, whatever, but I'm not going to stay with you or let you stay with me until you've convinced me you're not an axe murderer. Right now, you guys probably aren't axe murderers... but you might be!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.