playnice

can the embassy request the police certificate

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline

Can the embassy that is doing the interview request the police clearance certificate if the police have delayed giving this for months?

Who has jurisdiction or authority to give the police department a gentle "push" in processing this paper in a timely manner?

Can the police dept. actually stall this visa process by their improper handling of this paper??????.....Does the usc or beneficiary have

any rights to have this paper done in a timely fashion???.... :angry:

I29F sent 2008-01-07

NOA1 2008-01-30

NOA2 2008-05-29

NVC Rec'd 2008-06-04

NVC Left 2008-06-05

Consulate 2008-06-09

Packets 3&4 2008-06-25

INTERVIEW.....RESCHEDULED

THIS JUST BLOWS....waiting for police certificate....

he got the pcc.......an was unable to use it....this was a horrible process,and i would never do it again....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

it is my understanding that if you don't provide all the paper requested, your petition and visa will be held up until you provide it.

you have to find away to get what the embassy requests.

it's worst if your SO has lived in more than one country. then you have to get it for each.

good luck

comicirsaudit.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline
it is my understanding that if you don't provide all the paper requested, your petition and visa will be held up until you provide it.

you have to find away to get what the embassy requests.

it's worst if your SO has lived in more than one country. then you have to get it for each.

good luck

yes that is usually the way it works, but the police department has yet to provide this police certificate...it was requested months ago and they

have all papers to do so....the are sitting on this for whatever reason...and it is not just my fiance but there are other people on here that

are having this same problem.... :unsure:

I29F sent 2008-01-07

NOA1 2008-01-30

NOA2 2008-05-29

NVC Rec'd 2008-06-04

NVC Left 2008-06-05

Consulate 2008-06-09

Packets 3&4 2008-06-25

INTERVIEW.....RESCHEDULED

THIS JUST BLOWS....waiting for police certificate....

he got the pcc.......an was unable to use it....this was a horrible process,and i would never do it again....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

No foreign authority has the right to "push" for a police cert, though some police require the letter from the US embassy stating a police cert is needed to issue one. I'd suggest contacting the head/ ombudsman of your local police and asking what the hold-up is/ how long it normally takes to issue a cert. If they are not responsive, maybe contact local politicians to see if they can help.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Can the embassy that is doing the interview request the police clearance certificate if the police have delayed giving this for months?

Who has jurisdiction or authority to give the police department a gentle "push" in processing this paper in a timely manner?

Can the police dept. actually stall this visa process by their improper handling of this paper??????.....Does the usc or beneficiary have

any rights to have this paper done in a timely fashion???.... :angry:

Yes they do require it. I guess each country is different because I got mine the same day.

AOS

Filed AOS............................October 17/08

NO1 for AOS,EAD, AP............October 31/08

Biometrics letter....................November 7/08

AOS sent to California.............................November 11/2008

Biometrics Appointment in York...............November 28/2008

AP Approved.............................................December 23/2008

EAD Card Received....................................January 3/2009

AP Received (I-512L)..................................January 5/2009

AOS Pending...............................................January 23/2009

AOS Approved, card on order will receive in 3 weeks..............March 10/2009

GREEN CARD RECIEVED MARCH 12/2009

ROC

VERMONT RECEIVED............................................DECEMBER 20/2010

NOA1 1 YEAR EXTENTION APPROVAL..............................DECEMBER 27/2010

RECIEVED BIOMETRICS APP.....................................JANUARY 7/2011

BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT......................................JANUARY 21/2011

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...................................MAY 9/2011

CARD WITHIN 60 DAYS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.