wifetobe

Medical 9.30am

11 posts in this topic

I am calm now.lol.

Unlucky minute no.1

I turn up for my medical at knightsbridge docs only to be told that I was given the wrong map and instructions and that it is in Bond street (bentinck st.). To my surprise Kerry was a lovely receptionist and told me she will ring Bond st. and advise them that I am on my way.

Unlucky minute no.2

I turn up at Bond st. and gave her my passport and photo but explained that I did not receive a questionnaire in my packet. She said not to worry and gave me one to fill. No problem. Filled it out gave it in and sat waiting. Ten minutes later she told me I gave an incorrect case number and without one she could not conduct the medical. So it never happened. The case no. starts with an 'LND' and stupid old me had a 'WAC' number only. They were so understanding they never charged me £80 for the cancellation of the medical. Who's fault is it? Ours or the lawyers? OURS. Our mistake for hiring the idiot.

My lawyer did not attach me a questionnaire with the packet 3 online in the beginning - I should have seen this one coming. Am I given an LND case no. by the embassy?? My lawyer told me to go ahead and book the medical without a case number. I haven't been contacted by the embassy yet and I am quite worried. I have already sent off the DS forms. I am now worried that I was given the wrong address of the embassy too!!!! Can someone please confirm that the address below is correct:

Embassy of the USA

Visa Branch, 5 Upper Grosvenor St.

London W1A 2JB

I want to get at least one IMPORTANT thing right here.

Thanks and sorry for my bad mood.

damn damn damn... u must have met with Kris on the street from the embassy not a good day alll around.

When u booked medical did they not ask for the LND number? You will need this for the medical as this is how they will send the results to the embassy,.

Ring up NVC and chat with them to see what your number is or call that lawyer (if they answer) and see what is going on - sorry to hear this - you can also to AVM at NVC and put in your uscis number and see if anything ever got there - that may be a good start.

God Speed and good luck and yes on the Grosvenor Square part for the embassy not far from Knightsbridge's docs.

Edited by SusieK

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

damn damn damn... u must have met with Kris on the street from the embassy not a good day alll around.

When u booked medical did they not ask for the LND number? You will need this for the medical as this is how they will send the results to the embassy,.

Ring up NVC and chat with them to see what your number is or call that lawyer (if they answer) and see what is going on - sorry to hear this - you can also to AVM at NVC and put in your uscis number and see if anything ever got there - that may be a good start.

God Speed and good luck and yes on the Grosvenor Square part for the embassy not far from Knightsbridge's docs.

Oh I just read your bad morning too...... mmmmm not a good day all round NO!! Thanks for your input and I'm sorry to hear about Kris. Alas the visa will be released very soon..it's just the wait wait wait all this time to be told visa pending on a piece of paper. I feel your ####### day.

Nope :angry: the receptionist did not ask me for an LND number when I made the booking and I am quite peeved at that. No wonder they were all nice to me this morning :bonk: I just told Nathan what happened and he wants to call and 'talk with the lawyer' but I told him to hold his fire and let me deal with him. Yep I will ring up NVC and ask them if they have my LND no. thanks I was going to do that later on this evening. Also thank you for clarifying that the address I sent the DS forms is correct.

Again I'm sorry to hear of your Friday too - God speed for your visa (F)

Wifetobe-

Thanks mate - its ok, sorta use to these bumps in the road, Kris has setttled down now and I just got back from overnighting him the paperwork - well the one signature that the embassy needs - blimey lol.

I can only say be prepared for interviews, as simple as they may be, but at least we know what they wanted and they will have on Tuesday - just sorta a bummer, but hey thats life and he will be here soon - all that matters - good thing he didnt book ticket since the house closes on the 7th of October over there and we dont move till the midst of October here in the states-

So thinking positive here yes?? What else can we do except kill eh lawyers lol grrrrrrrrr sent them a nasty email this am, dont think they will respond on that one :innocent:

Cheers and let us know if you got your LND number please

Godspeed!

Edited by SusieK

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I'd call the Dept. of State for the LND #. Easier to get through to and they can tell you when/where Packet 3 was sent and if your interview has been set up, too.

US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, then 0

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Are you filing a K1 visa? Honestly, my husband and I did it ourselves...no lawyers...and we didn't find it all that hard. If your case if fairly straight forward I'd drop the stupid lawyer, save yourself some money and do the process yourself.

wtf-picard.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
I'd call the Dept. of State for the LND #. Easier to get through to and they can tell you when/where Packet 3 was sent and if your interview has been set up, too.

Dora

This is sound advice. :thumbs:

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Thanks for that Julez. I remember you gave me this number a few weeks ago to check upon packet 3. Nice one :thumbs:

Dora

This is sound advice. :thumbs:

I would have to agree!

Wifetobe-

Thanks mate - its ok, sorta use to these bumps in the road, Kris has setttled down now and I just got back from overnighting him the paperwork - well the one signature that the embassy needs - blimey lol.

I can only say be prepared for interviews, as simple as they may be, but at least we know what they wanted and they will have on Tuesday - just sorta a bummer, but hey thats life and he will be here soon - all that matters - good thing he didnt book ticket since the house closes on the 7th of October over there and we dont move till the midst of October here in the states-

So thinking positive here yes?? What else can we do except kill eh lawyers lol grrrrrrrrr sent them a nasty email this am, dont think they will respond on that one :innocent:

Cheers and let us know if you got your LND number please

Godspeed!

Yes it is a bummer lol but all we have to do is address the situation so it gets done, that's all! Positive thoughts absolutely it's not the end of the world. Thanks for your well wishes, keep in touch about your visa delivery :) I will let you know when I get my LND number :)

Are you filing a K1 visa? Honestly, my husband and I did it ourselves...no lawyers...and we didn't find it all that hard. If your case if fairly straight forward I'd drop the stupid lawyer, save yourself some money and do the process yourself.

Yes we could have done this ourselves too but our situe is a little complex (so I thought) as my other half has a criminal past and didn't want to risk denial of our application or scrutiny/intimidation from the consular at the interview. As this is commonly said before - I only wish I saw this site before we contacted the lawyer. So too late for the saving money part enal! :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I hope u get ur number soon and everything gets resolved,

Had i seen this site pre filing i too would not have hired a lawyer. We are both nervous and anxious and a little reassurance from the lawyer would b great, however our lawyer seems to be on another call, out of the office, family emergency blah blah blah and very rarely returns calls.

Good luck wifetobe

met on 29-5-2005

filed k1 25-07-2008

noa1 11-08-2008

touch 14-08-2008

touch 06-10-2008

touch 07-10-2008

visited 14 times since 2005

first visit august 19th 2005

10146.gif

.png

NOA2 16th DECEMBER!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.