cmnb

congressional iquiry

25 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

i called my congressman to have an inquiry done on my case and to see if he can get it approved. basically, i wasted my time. his secretary left me a message stating that VSC had called her and told her that my case is still pending and was recieved and that they are processing Nov 07 cases...Gee! thanks!

duh...nothing new or extraordinary that i did not know...all in all, i raised my hopes and ended up wasting my time.

do u guys think i shud call them and explain to her that the reason why i asked her to do a congressional inquiry was because my wife is in N.Delhi, which is not very stable these days as there have been terrorist atacks there, and not to hear the crafty response over again from a beaurocrat.

USCIS (Vermont Service Center) Journey

Mailed I-130 Packet on 05/27/08

Approved: 12/23/08

NVC Journey

NVC Case Number assigned 01/02/09

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

New Delhi Embassy Interview 03/17/09

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
i called my congressman to have an inquiry done on my case and to see if he can get it approved. basically, i wasted my time. his secretary left me a message stating that VSC had called her and told her that my case is still pending and was recieved and that they are processing Nov 07 cases...Gee! thanks!

duh...nothing new or extraordinary that i did not know...all in all, i raised my hopes and ended up wasting my time.

do u guys think i shud call them and explain to her that the reason why i asked her to do a congressional inquiry was because my wife is in N.Delhi, which is not very stable these days as there have been terrorist atacks there, and not to hear the crafty response over again from a beaurocrat.

Cmnb,

It's waste of time man, trust me I try that for my wife when there was bombing in Ahmedabad. They wont do anything. But if you want to give it shot, it wont hurt.

Krunal

U.S. Passport

xx-xx-2012: Passport application sent

I-130 petition for Sibling

07-19-2012: Sent I-130 via Priority mail

07-23-2012: I-130 received by PHX lbx (forwarded to california)

07-23-2012: Priority date

07-30-2012: I-797 receipt received

1. CR1 [Completed: 2009/Total Days: 325]

2. ROC [Completed: 2011/Total Days: 222]

3. CITIZENSHIP [Completed: 2012/Total Days: 125]

4. US PASSPORT [Completed: 2012/Total Days: ]

Timeline

Cmnb,

It's waste of time man, trust me I try that for my wife when there was bombing in Ahmedabad. They wont do anything. But if you want to give it shot, it wont hurt.

Krunal

dude, i am sick of this shyt...it seems like VSC is moving but they really are not...if you look at the stats, the majority of approvals that we saw in the recent days were from the cases who were transferred to CSC..VSC is still crawling through february when they have already transferred a huge chunk of cases through 03/03. comeon VSC! wake up already!! i have seen very minor movement since the time i have been on this forum... they should be giving a final touch to feb now and move on to march already..

Edited by cmnb

NVC Journey

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

If you feel your loved one is in danger, file an expedite through VSC. Call them and plead your case.

Congressionally, I believe that you should have sent them a written (faxed or emailed) request with the reasons you would like their help. When I did this through my congressman (John Hall) his office was wonderful, following up the entire way.

Sent I-130 to VT 25-Oct-2007

I-130 Moved to California 6-August-2008

My petition has been in 3 states (1, twice) in 9 months!

Rec'd by CSC 8/9, touched 8/11, 8/12, 8/15, 8/20, 8/25

Approved Tuesday, 25-August-2008

10 months since we mailed the petition

Rec'd NVC 9/3, Invoice Generated 9/10, DS-3032 emailed 9/11.

Rec'd AOS invoice 9/15, paid online 9/15, Accepted as Paid 9/18, mailed I-864EZ 9/19

IV Invoiced 9/18, paid online 9/19, Accepted as paid 9/22

DS-230 sent 10/2

Case complete @NVC 10/8 - 11 months, 1 week and 6 days

Interview in Montreal December 18, 2008 - scheduled 1 year, 1 week and 3 days after the start of our journey. Takes place 1 year, 1 month, 3 weeks and 2 days after the start...

[X] Passed [ ] Failed Interview

Thursday, April 2, 2009 Activated Visa - 1 year, 5 months, 1 week and 1 day

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I am so sorry!!!! but at least this way u are sure that u tried each and every option

Things are truely going from Bad to worse in Delhi and around.....I know it is very difficult 2 cope....

But just hold on...I am sure we will get the approval by Novemeber 08....We have no other otption but to wait it out

NOA1 May 09 2008

NOA2 Dec 18 2008

Case Complete Feb 03 2009

Medical Feb 16 2009

March 9th 2009.....Got my VISAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I-751 January 13 2011

If you feel your loved one is in danger, file an expedite through VSC. Call them and plead your case.

Congressionally, I believe that you should have sent them a written (faxed or emailed) request with the reasons you would like their help. When I did this through my congressman (John Hall) his office was wonderful, following up the entire way.

I sent a letter, with all supporting documents to my congressman for their "congessional inquiry"...they told me they could do nothing for me...this was AFTER they told me they would do the inquiry.

Sent out all the info to all THREE of his offices and still no help. thankfully, our case is moving through quickly.

05-21-06 - Met online

12-29-07 - Married at 6pm THE LAST TIME I'LL FALL IN LOVE

07-28-08 - Mailed I-130(Chicago, $355 X 2)

07-31-08 - NOA1(I-130 recieved in Chicago)

08-01-08 - Hard copy NOA1 (I recieved the NOA1 via mail)

08-25-08 - Hard copy NOA2(I-130 approved and recieved by me)

08-27-08 - NVC assigns case number(verified via telephone call)

09-05-08 - Received DS-3032 and AOS bill(checked by phone and noted on travel web site)

09-05-08 - Paid AOS bill online --- pending (paid on-line $70)

09-06-08 - Emailed DS-3032 --- auto response (email that NVC recieved an email from Grace, nothing more)

09-09-08 - AOS bill --- PAID!! (noted on travel web site as "PAID")

09-11-09 - Grace recieved DS-3032s, still no response to the email...(wife got a birthday package from her hubby :) )

09-12-09 - Mailed DS-3032 via FedEx. Also mailed out AOS(paper mailed just to be certain they get one)

09-15-09 - NVC accepts DS-3032..FINALLY!!!(verified via email response and telephone call)

09-15-09 - IV Bill paid online - in process($400 X 2)

09-16-08 - AOS revieced by NVC and being reviewed.(verified via telephone call)

09-17-08 - Immigrant VISA Bill fee "PAID" (verified on-line)

09-24-08 - AOS approved(verified via telephone call)

10-06-08 - DS230 recieved by NVC

10-10-08 - CASE COMPLETED AT NVC

10-29-08 - Appointment Schedule for 12-9-2008(verified by telephone call to NVC)

11-03-08 - Recieved Appointment letter via snail mail

11-25-08 - Medical Exam at St. Lukes Medical Center

12-09-08 - Interview at 630am.......VISAs APPROVED!!

Timeline

MsZ - thats exactly what i did...i wrote them an essay regarding the conditions in india at the moment. i did this a week ago. never got a response. i called them yesterday to see what the progress on my case was...only to hear the following convo,

secretary: " i am sorry sir, what application did you file, did u file for N-400

me: no, I-130

secretary: what country

me: india

secretary: oh there are a lot of people who want to come from india!!!

me: ####### (thinking to myself)

today i get a voicemail stating the canned response...i know that already, i wanted something new, thats why i contacted ur god darn office.

NVC Journey

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

I don't understand then -- why did you say "do u guys think i shud call them and explain to her that the reason why i asked her to do a congressional inquiry was because my wife is in N.Delhi, which is not very stable these days as there have been terrorist atacks there," if you documented this to them?

Rec'd AOS invoice 9/15, paid online 9/15, Accepted as Paid 9/18, mailed I-864EZ 9/19

DS-230 sent 10/2

Interview in Montreal December 18, 2008 - scheduled 1 year, 1 week and 3 days after the start of our journey. Takes place 1 year, 1 month, 3 weeks and 2 days after the start...

Timeline
I don't understand then -- why did you say "do u guys think i shud call them and explain to her that the reason why i asked her to do a congressional inquiry was because my wife is in N.Delhi, which is not very stable these days as there have been terrorist atacks there," if you documented this to them?

should i reiterate this to them or forget about it and persue another channel?

NVC Journey

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Timeline

cmnb

Go to BBC.com and look for the terrorist attack news in New Delhi. Make a PDF of all the news related to attacks.

Search Times of India FOR NEWS AND SNED THAT TO VSC as supporting documents.

Here is what I found at BBC.

Delhi_Blast_02.pdf

05-26-2008 Marriage

06-23-2008 Leaving my baby

07-29-2008 I-130 to Chicago lock box

07-30-2008 CSC received I-130

08-01-2008 NOA1

08-05-2008 Touched

11-25-2008 NOA2.

NVC journey begins

12-01-2008 NVC received

12-05-2008 NVC sent visa fee

12-23-2008 NVC received visa fee

12-dd-2008 AOS package received

12-dd-2008 AOS package sent to NVC

Timeline

cmnb

Go to BBC.com and look for the terrorist attack news in New Delhi. Make a PDF of all the news related to attacks.

Search Times of India FOR NEWS AND SNED THAT TO VSC as supporting documents.

Here is what I found at BBC.

thank you so much!

NVC Journey

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Filed: Other Country: Japan
Timeline

If you want to try again, it's my understanding (and experience from dealing with politicians) that you really need to outline the course of action

you would like them to take. A blanket, "please make a congressional inquiry" gets a blanket response.

You need to let them know that you're aware of the current backlog and posted timelines, the reason you need your case expedited,

and exactly what you want them to do....as in, "DON'T just call and reiterate the posted timelines to me, DO THIS...."

Hope this helps.

...the journey continues.

LingChe NVC Guide

Using this guide may allow you to fly through NVC in as little as 11 days.

visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

2006-11-01: Met online through common interest in music - NOT Dating Service

2007-01-28: Met in person in Paris

2007-10-02: Married in Tokyo

2008-07-05: I-130 Sent

2008-08-13: NOA2 I-130

2008-10-02: Case Complete at NVC

2008-11-04: Interview - CR-1 Visa APPROVED

2008-12-11: POE - Chicago

2009-01-12: GC and Welcome Letter

2010-09-01: Preparing I-751 Removal of Conditions

2011-03-22: Card Production Ordered

2011-03-30 10 Year Card Received DONE FOR 10 YEARS

Standard Disclaimer (may not be valid in Iowa or Kentucky, please check your local laws): Any information given should not be considered legal advice,

and is based on personal experience or personal knowledge. Sometimes there might not be any information at all in my posts. Sometimes it might just

be humor or chit-chat, or nonsense. Deal with it. If you can read this...you're too close. Step away from the LingLing

YES WE DID!

And it appears to have made very little difference.

.png

Timeline
If you want to try again, it's my understanding (and experience from dealing with politicians) that you really need to outline the course of action

you would like them to take. A blanket, "please make a congressional inquiry" gets a blanket response.

You need to let them know that you're aware of the current backlog and posted timelines, the reason you need your case expedited,

and exactly what you want them to do....as in, "DON'T just call and reiterate the posted timelines to me, DO THIS...."

Hope this helps.

...the journey continues.

thank you Ling Ling...I am planning on going home tonight and drafting another letter in response to my previous letter to them...asking them to closely look at the facts that i put forth earlier and to tell them that i dont really have to have them read those posted timelines to me, i can read them on the USCIS website myself. ofcourse, this will be explained to them in a nicer and a more diplomatic way. but whatever that lady gave me today is really unacceptable...i sometimes doubt that she even contacted USCIS or even if she did vermont never even bothered opening my file even.

NVC Journey

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Did you go for an expedite with Vermont?

DS-230 sent 10/2

Timeline
Did you go for an expedite with Vermont?

no, not yet.

NVC Journey

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.