angela920

NVC is weird! Is this a form of discrimination?

28 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I called NVC several times yesterday and the day before to ask for a case number and also to ask if the papers had been sent here in Manila, but they kept on telling me that I had a wrong date of birth for my fiance. Then my fiance called NVC last night and and he had no problem at all... He got the Manila Case Number. He said the same birth date that I told them. I was listening when he called NVC.

And just now i called NVC again to ask if they already sent the papers to the embassy here.. yet again.. I was told that my fiance's birth date that i told them is incorrect. Does it sound weird to you? Are they just not giving me information just because im not the petitioner? Does this happen to you? I know my fiance's date of birth and there is no way that i could be wrong and he told them the same thing last night when he called and got more information.

Is this a form of discrimination?

-sigh-

Timeline

Not discrimination as far as I know. You have no legal authority therefore you cannot give or get information

YMMV

Timeline
Not discrimination as far as I know. You have no legal authority therefore you cannot give or get information

i think you are right.. oh well.. i wouldn't let this thing get to me. They could have just told me straight that i cant get or give information rather than telling me I had his birth date wrong. My fiance and I told them the same birth date but he had no problem. I only wanted to ask if they sent it here.

I don't know how you write the dates in your country but remember that dates on English are this format: month-day-year. Here in my country is day-month-year. So I had to invert the order of day and month in order to have the info correct when you call them.

Good luck

Timeline
I don't know how you write the dates in your country but remember that dates on English are this format: month-day-year. Here in my country is day-month-year. So I had to invert the order of day and month in order to have the info correct when you call them.

Good luck

thank you for the response YMR.. his birth date is 04-30-1970, they kept on telling me i had the year wrong then i thought it must be my pronunciation so i said 1-9-7-0.. still wrong. I was like "what?, why would it be wrong?" my fiance called them last night and told them the same thing and he had no problem at all. Its always me that can't get through .. every time that I called.. they always tell me i have it wrong.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I dont know if it is just a type error but you have said 2 different dates in your post.

thank you for the response YMR.. his birth date is 04-30-1970, they kept on telling me i had the year wrong then i thought it must be my pronunciation so i said 1-9-7-0.. still wrong. I was like "what?, why would it be wrong?" my fiance called them last night and told them the same thing and he had no problem at all. Its always me that can't get through .. every time that I called.. they always tell me i have it wrong.

met on 29-5-2005

filed k1 25-07-2008

noa1 11-08-2008

touch 14-08-2008

touch 06-10-2008

touch 07-10-2008

visited 14 times since 2005

first visit august 19th 2005

10146.gif

.png

NOA2 16th DECEMBER!!!!!!!

Timeline

every time that I call NVC they told me that i have his year of birth incorrect but when he called... he had no problems. his birthdate is 04-30-1970.. so i said his year of birth is 1970 i even said it like 1-9-7-0

Timeline
every time that I call NVC they told me that i have his year of birth incorrect but when he called... he had no problems. his birthdate is 04-30-1970.. so i said his year of birth is 1970 i even said it like 1-9-7-0

ooooh lol i am sorry i read it wrong

i thought u were saying 04-30-1970 then 1-9-70 as in 2 different dates sorry was trying to be helpful and misread.

met on 29-5-2005

filed k1 25-07-2008

noa1 11-08-2008

touch 14-08-2008

touch 06-10-2008

touch 07-10-2008

10146.gif

.png

Timeline

oh no its ok really :) I was just wondering why they kept on telling me that i got it wrong. I couldnt help but to think that they are trying to discriminate me. What do you think? I mean.. if they dont or cant give out info they better say it straight off rather than telling me i got it wrong...just my opinion.

Timeline

Well yes they should just come out and tell you. I called because i was waiting on the noa1, but because i am the beneficiary and not the petitioner they straight out told me they couldnt tell me and that David would have to call. I dont know about them discriminating though. and it was uscis not nvc i called sorry i am new at all this.

Edited by Donna-marie

met on 29-5-2005

filed k1 25-07-2008

noa1 11-08-2008

touch 14-08-2008

touch 06-10-2008

touch 07-10-2008

10146.gif

.png

Timeline

well i guess i'll try calling them later then him.. if i they say no to me and yes to him with the same date of birth.. then it will be confirmed discrimination. I'll keep you posted. Thank you for your replies!

Timeline

Hopefully all this will be over for you soon Good luck with the rest of your journey.

met on 29-5-2005

filed k1 25-07-2008

noa1 11-08-2008

touch 14-08-2008

touch 06-10-2008

touch 07-10-2008

10146.gif

.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes, they should have just come out and told you that they were not going to give you the information.

How do you think they were discriminating though - I don't understand that?

discriminate : to distinguish by discerning or exposing differences

Now if you mean they discriminated between the fact that you were the beneficiary and not the petitioner - then I guess at a stretch one could say yes.

If you mean they discriminated between you being female and him male, maybe not so much - if you mean they discriminated against you - with you being from a different culture - highly unlikely.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.