*Maureen*

Wednesday!!

86 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
they just laid off a BUNCH of people in my organization! :blink::blink::blink:

they did the same in my fiancee's company .

it seems like the USA economy is not doing good

#######, what am I doing on the internet at work? :whistle::wacko:

NO kidding I'm like should I start working the WHOLE time I'm here now or what? :P Seriously though it is very scarey and I work in healthcare! We're not even affected by this whole mortgage crisis you know? Luckily I made it through. I think this is the fifth one I've slid by in the 12 years I've been here. Feels good to be one of the little people when the bigguns are getting the axe, though I feel so sorry for them. One had been here for 30 years!

Good evening everyone!

I have been on bedrest these past to days. I have a bulged disk in my lower back and so I am out of work this week. It really stinks, but it's nice not to have to work! I go back to the doctor tomorrow to see if I will be able to go to work on Friday. I am hoping so because I am feeling a lot better and I am able to walk around more. Anyways, I thought I would drop in before I watch the season premier of NCIS which I missed last night. I hope you are all well and have a good evening! :)

P.S- I forgot to mention that my mother-in-law got her new visa to come visit us today! She thinks she will be flying in next week!!!!! I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you feel better soon! Back pain is just aweful! And congrats on your mil's visa :) (btw this is doodlebug :) )

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Good evening everyone!

I have been on bedrest these past to days. I have a bulged disk in my lower back and so I am out of work this week. It really stinks, but it's nice not to have to work! I go back to the doctor tomorrow to see if I will be able to go to work on Friday. I am hoping so because I am feeling a lot better and I am able to walk around more. Anyways, I thought I would drop in before I watch the season premier of NCIS which I missed last night. I hope you are all well and have a good evening! :)

P.S- I forgot to mention that my mother-in-law got her new visa to come visit us today! She thinks she will be flying in next week!!!!! I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!

How long did it take for your mother in law to get her visa to come to the us? We are waiting for the same thing for my MIL.

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

why did i see this thread briefly in ot?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline
Good Morning and Good Day.

My husband should be landing at Queen Alia Airport in about 30 minutes. Miss him lots. I'll be joining him in Jordan the 1st through the 9th of October, and we'll fly back together. I am starting to get excited haven't been there since 2005.

Gotta go to work.

Angel

hi angel! This place hasn't been the same w/o u! I miss our chats a lot! I wish we could get back to Jordan as a family!! I admit, I'm somewhat envious!

First I'll Answer Kelly's question :) Yes, it's his first time back since coming here. Definitely will eat some sharwma and my mother in law's home cooking. Just dreading the long plane ride. Never flew on Royal Jordanian from here though. Hope it's a good flight. By the way your son and JP's daugther are cutie patooties.

Amal... Girl Get a plan in place and stick to it and soon you'll be taking your own trip back. I never went in October. My husband said the weather is nice over there now, but to still bring a somewhat heavy coat. I am happy he gets to spend the last part of Ramadan with his family. Right now he can't sleep and keeps calling :) He said somethings have changed around Irbid but not much. I can't wait to go out at night and sit in the cafes and drink coffee and smoke argila oh and go shopping. It's all about the gold baby!!!! :lol:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
why did i see this thread briefly in ot?

Yeah. Wierd.

The sisterhood (and brother, Charles) of the traveling thread :P

Wish-upon-a-star-1.jpg

2009-07-11 AOS packet mailed (and supposedly delivered the same day)

2009-07-15 NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765 (USCIS rec'd date is 07-12)

2009-08-05 Case transferred to CSC

2009-08-12 no biometrics yet.......called on 30 day mark to report no biometrics, a service inquiry has been made on the case.....

2009-08-25 - received Biometrics appointment letter!

2009-08-27 I-131 (AP) approved

2009-09-15 Biometrics appointment

2009-09-15 EAD Card production ordered!

2009-09-23 EAD Card received

2009-10-06 GC approved/card production ordered

2009-10-13 GC received in the mail!

Oh this sounds so yummy, I think i'm gonna make it before the end of the week!!!

love the baby pics!!!

TY and TY. Hope it turns out well for you. A couple other VJ'ers have tried it, I made it at the end of the Seattle meet-up.

Gaby, thanks for the recipe. I might make it tonight, as my husband loves these things - and so do I. :hehe: I was even thinking that with the glaze, I can sub key lime juice for the OJ - give it a more Florida flair.

Hey, now that sounds good! Ive also made it with lemon. I suppose you could make any kind of glaze you like. Perhaps Ill try strawberry yummmmmm.

Thanks! Can't wait to give it a try! Somehow I don't think it will get to Cairo :)

It might :) I sent homemade candies to Ahmed when he was still stuck in Maroc.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Thanks! Can't wait to give it a try! Somehow I don't think it will get to Cairo :)

It might :) I sent homemade candies to Ahmed when he was still stuck in Maroc.

I think it wouldn't make it out of the house ;) I've sent Ahmed salt water taffy once, but anything homemade he says just wait till he's here. I think he figures they won't let it in. Hopefully I'll get to cook for him soon. :unsure:

Got married : 6-3-06

I-130 delivered : 6-12-06 - Appt in Cairo

I-130 Approved : 4-18-08 - USCIS approval!!

Visa Interview Date : 6-22-08

Case sent to WADC: 8-6-08 - FBI check

Email From Embassy 1-09 - Still in AP (7 months)

19 DHL scans - 2-19-09

1-26-09 - Out of AP, now final review

2-26-09 - Visa in hand!

3-11-09 - POE JFK - Got stuck there due to immigration taking too long. They didn't change his visa from CR1 to IR1, have to go to immigration here to fix it.

3-12-09 - Arrived in Portland!!

5-29-2010 - Zane was born ** Absolute best day of my life!

6-7-2010 - Ahmed went back to Egypt

8-23-11 - Filed for divorce

1-12-12 - Divorce final

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

angel, thats awesome...the weather may get a little cold at night, especially in iribid...its kinda that goofy weather from what i remember...hot and sunny during the day and chilly at night...a light jacket will probably suffice...I too am envious..I dont even know when we will ever go back. i always think about what we would have to do for zaid to manage...sleeping, clean water, baby food, etc..seems overwhelming...

well enjoy your trip..its long overdue im sure...i hope hubby is enjoying his time..its great to see u back...stop in more often..

eta..i flew royal jordanian 4 times and dont have any complaints..take 2 benadryl it use to have me knockd out for at least half the flight

Edited by ks71905

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.